The Bad Batch (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Bad Batch

Genre: Horror, Romance, Thriller

Director: Ana Lily Amirpour

Cast: Suki Waterhouse, Jason Momoa, Jayda Fink, Keanu Reeves, Jim Carrey, Yolonda Ross, Giovanni Ribisi, Aye Hasegawa, Louie Lopez Jr., E.R. Ruiz, Cory Roberts, Diego Luna, Joni Podesta, Almayvonne, Danielle Orner, Mandy Pursley, Alina Aliluykina, Ashleigh Biller, Irene Guindal, Nina Mansker, Emily Roya O'Brien, DaLaura Patton, Lana Walling, Ndea Williams

Release: 2017-06-23

Runtime: 115

Plot: A love story set in a community of cannibals in a future dystopia. In a desert wasteland in Texas, a muscled cannibal breaks one important rule: don’t play with your food.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It looks goofy and disjointed, but it does have Khal Drogo and Neo.

I must have missed the first description of the movie where it mentioned the love story among cannibals... wasn't there another trailer/thread where it didn't allude to that at all?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched this last night, and man, I dunno.

It was clearly VERY well shot and all that. I mean, I normally don't give a fuck about that sort of thing unless it is jarringly bad, but there were a lot of scenes that I even thought to myself, "Wow, that's really well framed" or whatever. But that included a ton of shots of people just standing there looking thoughtful, hair streaming in the wind perhaps. I mean, sure, it looked great at times, even considering 99% of it is filmed in a fucking desert.

But the story was pretty lackluster to me. The only thing that really got me excited in the movie was seeing all the big name actors that I would never expect in something like this. When I finally realized one of the characters was Jim Carrey, for instance, it blew my mind. And then Keanu shows up, and I'm like wtf? However, I needed subtitles turned on almost every time Momoa spoke. He was speaking with a HEAVY Cuban accent, like where "you" sounds like "jew" or "chew" maybe, and I couldn't understand most of what he said.

I liked the main girl, and the first 15 minutes or so were pretty brutal, but after that, eh, not so much happened really.

I normally judge a movie on whether or not I'd recommend it to others. And except for a few art-criticy friends, I'd have to say no. Granted, a lot of my friends are functioning retards, but I just can't really get behind urging other people to watch this. The fact that it was almost 2 hours long doesn't help any. I'd give it maybe 6/10 for the cool visuals and actors.

• 1Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Void pretty much summed up exactly how I felt. From learning Jim Carrey was in this, to this movie being 2 thumbs down. Seriously tho that first major scene, then all down hill from there.

• 1Solidarity

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Watched this as well and can only agree. Just when you think it's starting to go somewhere, it never does. Giovanni Ribisi's character was completely wasted, Keanu's dialogue was just nonsensical philosophizing, and the "love story" was completely mind boggling...

She REALLY wants to be with Miami Man, why? we never saw ANY chemistry between them, she comes off like a clingy psycho because she knows he is a cannibal and that she's going right back there to live with them. He never gives her the slightest indication that he cares about her.

So unsatisfying.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Watched this as well and can only agree. Just when you think it's starting to go somewhere, it never does. Giovanni Ribisi's character was completely wasted, Keanu's dialogue was just nonsensical philosophizing, and the "love story" was completely mind boggling...

She REALLY wants to be with Miami Man, why? we never saw ANY chemistry between them, she comes off like a clingy psycho because she knows he is a cannibal and that she's going right back there to live with them. He never gives her the slightest indication that he cares about her.

You don't know a lot about chicks, do you?

So unsatisfying.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I saw this earlier in the year; it's exactly what it puts out there: a jumbled mess with no direction. The scene with the chick tripping balls in the desert for like... 15 solid minutes or whatever? Yeah, that is the exact point I checked out and finished it out of having already wasted an hour. Just nothing interesting and a lot of nonsensical activity from the "main" characters. Then eating the rabbit at the end? Whole movie was just a bunch of "uh, ok."

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
This is a very difficult watch. It actually starts off quite well and the introduction to the main character and the world sets everything up for, what seems like, a unique experience but then it immediately forces itself off of the rails and just turns into a mess. The director's previous movie was nearly unwatchable so I'm not sure what i was expecting but the names attached made me think that she was going to reign things in and do something coherent and I lost faith in that hope fairly early on. Could have been a meandering desert wasteland movie that some people could have picked apart into metaphor or different modern themes of consumerism and scarcity but it goes up it's own ass pretty quickly and just botches the whole operation. Keanu Reeves, that guy fucks

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database