The Beekeeper (2024)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
2.67 star(s) Rating: 2.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Beekeeper (2024)

Genre: Action, Thriller

Director: David Ayer

Cast: Jason Statham, Jeremy Irons, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Bobby Naderi, Josh Hutcherson

Release: 2024-01-12

Plot: The film will follow a man’s campaign for vengeance after he is revealed to be a former operative of a powerful and clandestine organization known as Beekeepers.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Had some Fandango gift cards to burn so family went to see this. Not bad, nothing special - it's exactly like every other "ex-uber assassin comes out of retirement to avenge a wrong". No big twists or turns for the most part. But it was entertaining enough and as good or better than any of his other random movies. Wouldn't pay money to see it, though there isn't much I would these days.

Only thing that bugged me a little is the female CIA agent knew a bunch of stuff she never actually learned. Wife thinks that part must have ended up on the cutting room floor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

The scenarist and director are not exactly amazing, but they have a decent track record of ok movies. With that taken into acount, this is surprisingly lame. The plot is dumb as bricks and does not explore in any realistic way the themes it set forth. Bad guys getting their comeuppance is not cathartic in the least because of the mountain of collateral damage and the action is ok, but nothing special. Meh.

• 1Like

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
We saw this yesterday for some mindless action movie fun. Mindless action movie fun is what we got. It jumped the shark for me in the last act. Peak perfect ridiculousness in the second with the other call center / FBI.

The final team of baddies was a downgrade. The very idea that group of schmucks is hanging around the leader of the free world was too much. Also that the son decided to sort out his mommy issues with a random loaded revolver in her desk.

But whatever, I didn't go for things to make sense. I went for Jason Statham to be Jason Statham.

• 1Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Figured this would be good but it's just cookie cutter at best. It's not terrible but it is pretty forgettable.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally got around to this, if you like John Wick you will like this

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah I'm not quite sure if I regret watching this or not. It was at best a "on a plane" type of movie.

All I know is these former Delta/Seal operators sure could go back to the firing range for a few hundred hours. Fucking modern stormtroopers.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
He doesn't need to be. Sly isn't Keanu, either, but even at 80 fucking years old I'll still watch him Rambo the shit out of someone. Gimmie mindless action Murder Death Kills all day long.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I can't tell if this movie is like, brilliant satire and is the Spinal Tap of John Wick knockoff stories, or just like B- action schlock?

Some of it is so absurdly ridiculous it has to be deliberate, but its all played entirely straight at all times and is hilarious.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The ending "Goodbye, Adam Clay" was like the cheesiest shit. You KNOW they had like 4/10ths of a script and just said "I don't know, say whatever. We've got 30 minutes left to shoot on this beach."

• 1Worf

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I had to go see this because of the posts above.

I can only describe it as "crack cocaine cinema." I'm probably not any worse off for taking one hit, and man did it feel sooooo good.

It is hands down the dumbest Jason Statham movie of all time. But that's not really a fatal flaw (double entendre there)... He is just so damn good and charming and enjoyable to watch him do his 1980's Steven Segal shit! Although he is his usual intellectual super-spy/assassin, he kinda kills/maims and tortures a ton of innocent "shrapnel" characters. Those poor worker bees! Love the "call center" angle. Maybe the sequel will send him to Pakistan!

Did anyone else notice the "diversity" of the other bee-keepers? Trans/lesbo/fem chick and fagged-out Brit douche? The person I saw the movie with felt those two were too flamboyant to fit the quaint "bee-keeper" title (but filled the diversity quota with the black/female FBI chick).

I dumber for watching it-- but would watch it again if I had to choose between it and "Cat Person." Sure, CP is nuanced, controversial, cinema. But Beekeeper kicks ass and has morality and justice on his side!

Goatface

Watched it last night, was fun. Just think they repeated the bee - hive stuff too much.
Don't think any other has pulled a perfect jacket out of a bag as much as Jason

Homsar

It definitely felt like it was taking a huge Jab at the Bidens, if not that's a crazy coincidence lol. The final act was a little too over the top

spronk

FPS noob
absolutely hilarious and the straight faced way everyone kept talking about bees was amazing. i wasn't sure to feel bad or cheer on as oscar winning actor jeremy irons kept having to do the goddamn stupidest exposition dumps with a straight face

the "new" beekeeper was also just hilarious, they know exactly who watches these movies and expedited that shit in a very satisfying way.

10/10 need more movies like this, i haven't watched yet Plane which I hope is similar. Skip equalizer 3, its absolute garbage in comparison and Expendables 4 was even worse. Only bad thing is the quick cut action scenes, they aren't terrible but they are approaching the Taken level of 30 cuts in a 1 minute scene but its understandable, I doubt Statham can move fast and the dude is 56 (!!!!) years old. need younger male stars to do his shtick.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
It is hands down the dumbest Jason Statham movie of all time. But that's not really a fatal flaw (double entendre there)...

Watch the cinematic masterpieces "Crank" and "Crank: High Voltage" and get back to me. Other than that, everything else you said was spot on. Movie was dumb but it delivered in a way only a goofy Jason Statham action flick can.

• 1Like

Animosity

Crank is a top notch action flick. Over the top popcorn fun.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database