The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Fuck the Ribbon with a 12 inch table saw....
Maybe she will figure out how to wrap an Xbone and put a red ribbon around it. Because that's the only way their shitty console is getting into my house.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
The ribbon would be totally fine if it had allowed older keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys.

or maybe it does, and I'm just a schmuck for not remembering them
redface.png

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Citing no sources and no numbers. It's like bought and paid for fluff.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Eh, for whatever the initial runs are, you know they're going to sell. Early adopters aren't exactly price conscious consumers, and with the overall impression by the masses that they're equivalent systems and the hysteria over privacy stuff continuing to die down after the about face if one isn't available many are going to just buy the other.

Either way I'll believe it when we see it.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
What's that got to do with anything? Smartphones/tablets/touchscreens will never replace gaming on a big screen TV with controllers with actual sticks and buttons.

Now maybe if the phones/tablets are so powerful that I can hook it up to a TV and a wireless controller and it acts as a console/PC, and it can fit 100s of gigs worth of games on it's storage. That seems pretty distant, but eventually phones may replace everything in that way. This may be the last console generation for other reasons though - like the insane cost of game development. They may stretch this console generation out to 10 or more years.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
You realize that phones and tablets can stream HD media to a TV right now, much less hook them up via an HDMI cable just like a console? Add a bluetooth wireless controller to a phone with this new Nvidia chip and you have a game system that is more powerful than a Ps3, and it fits in your pocket for mobile gaming on the go, and then sync it to your wireless controller and TV when you are home. At the rate cell phone technology is advancing, it'll surpass home consoles in power in the next few years.

Smart phones didn't even exist 8 years ago when the PS3/XBox 360 were announced, now cell phones are ahead of those systems in power, it wont take as long for them to surpass the PS4/XB1. Mobile technology is having more money poured into R&D than just about any other segment of home electronics right now, it's advancing at a breakneck pace.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yet I still can't open a menu or get smooth transitions on my Galaxy S3
frown.png
Not sure if it was you or someone else that was posting with me back on FOH about my concern not being speed, power, memory, etc... but rather shitty programming and bloat. Anyways, kind of off topic about Xbone / PS4.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just received this. email

Amazon.com
Kindle Store
| Your Account | Amazon.com
Order Confirmation
Order #
Hello
Thank you for shopping with us. We'd like to let you know that Amazon has received your order, and is preparing it for shipment. Your estimated delivery date is below. If you would like to view the status of your order or make any changes to it, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Your shipping speed:
Two-Day Shipping

Your Orders
Your order will be sent to:

United States

Order Details
Order #
Placed on Monday, June 10, 2013
PlayStation 4: Launch Edition
Video Game
Sold by Amazon.com LLC
Facebook Twitter Pinterest $399.96
Item Subtotal: $399.96
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Total Before Tax: $399.96
Order Total: $399.9
Guess that means they have actually started to receive the hardware. Estimated delivery date is still Tuesday, December 31, 2013 though.