The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Sean_sl

shitlord
I guess you have trouble reading the title of the god damn thread...

Poll: Xbox One vs PS4 vs PC
It does not say that. It says:poll: Next Gen Consoles: PS4 vs XBone

And has for averylong time. It was originally a Poll with PC in it too, but it was merged with another console thread I believe.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The Poll title is not the Thread Title, which is on the top and bottom of every page and what you click when you want to go to this thread in the forum index.

Column_sl

shitlord
I don't give a shit.

The Poll on this thread has all three in them , designating a war between each.
If someone merged two threads he is an idiot...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Settle down dirty console peasants! The PC is a valid discussion topic in this thread but it is wholly irrelevant. We all know that PC is a superior gaming platform to console, the argument does not need to be repeated.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As for the TOS I was going to say, "Yeah no shit, that stuff is pretty common" but then I read it.

tos_sl said:
portions of the Xbox LIVE/Games for Window-LIVE service that are displayed on your monitor or screen and the duration of that display;
Does this mean that everytime I load up BF4 and solo-no-scope-headshot-ace the enemy team that I'm going to see myself in an EA commercial?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Settle down dirty console peasants! The PC is a valid discussion topic in this thread but it is wholly irrelevant. We all know that PC is a superior gaming platform to console, the argument does not need to be repeated.
Pretty much. PC is a valid comparison when talking about gaming machines, but repeating the same tired "lol PC is best" in a thread titled "Next Gen Consoles: PS4 vs XBone" is just downright trolling.

Sean_sl

shitlord
As for the TOS I was going to say, "Yeah no shit, that stuff is pretty common" but then I read it.

Does this mean that everytime I load up BF4 and solo-no-scope-headshot-ace the enemy team that I'm going to see myself in an EA commercial?
Yes, and without them paying the standard Tuco Sexy-Modeling Fee.

I would like to not have every bit of my information and how I play and what I do while playing being sold to any and all partners not be standard. This is more scary though when you add in how the Kinect2 wasdesigned and built around collecting advertising data from watching everything you do.It's going to be in the EULA and it's going to be something the Kinect does whenever it's turned on. That's the entire reason for them mandating that Kinect be plugged in, and it's fucking amazing that that requirement was reversed. People surely fought tooth and nail over that and I bet there's still a lot of execs pissed about it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
New Xbox Live terms ask users to commit to security, agree to share data with partners | Polygon

I wasn't kidding about making you accept a new TOS and singing away all advertising data info gleaned from Kinect monitoring. It's coming at some point.
Microsoft wants you to allow EA to post your COD stats to EA's website and ASKED you for permission first? HOW DARE THEY DO WHAT EVERY OTHER CONSOLE HAS EVER DONE!

The blood from your head seems to have gone to your enraged PS4ggot boner, because you think PS4 doesn't have the same thing?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Clearly you're incapable of reading, because the entire point of that post is about the fact that they're just going to slip in signing away all advertising data gleaned from Kinect collecting advertising data from watching all of the shit that you do and how you react to stuff.

You also seem to only post crying about me posting shit about your precious Xbone. It's creepy and you should find a new hobby. You really come off as a creepy little loser.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

What you quoted just means they'll have website-like analytics of every area on the service so they can gauge changes they make to it. Changes can then be measured good or bad by engagement (click an ad, start a game, time it takes to find a demo, etc) on those pages and then updates can be made accordingly. Presumably they'll want the OK to share that data with whomever so their experiences can be better adjusted/tailored.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've read that several times now. Where's the boogie man big brother part? The part where they say if you link accounts with an app they'll give the app your email and account information required for the connection?

I don't get it. You're tinfoil-hatting real hard.

Edit: Didn't even see the second part of your post. Sean's getting personal! My self-esteem!

Sean_sl

shitlord
I've read that several times now. Where's the boogie man big brother part? The part where they say if you link accounts with an app they'll give the app your email and account information required for the connection?

I don't get it. You're tinfoil-hatting real hard.
There's nothing tinfoil-hat about this:Xbox One built with advertising in mind, Kinect integral to next-gen adverts | VG247

Confirming that Kinect will use voice and facial recognition to tailor adverts on your console, one unnamed technical account manager said, "With the new Xbox One, the technology and Kinect has improved a lot, so that actually the voice recognition, the way you speak to your Xbox and the transition between gaming and watching TV is a lot smoother, and hopefully we can transpire [sic] that into advertising that we do."
One source called the development of adverts for Xbox One "exciting", because, "the 360 console wasn't built with advertising in mind, it was more of an afterthought, so we've had to adapt to the technology and how we work to fit them in to the console, whereas this new one is going to have advertising in mind.
I personally do not appreciate that kind of sentiment on shit that I am paying a lot of money for. The X360 dashboard and its flagrant abuse of ads is insulting enough.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I've found Sean's information to be accurate almost all the time, and again here I don't see a problem...

I'm not white knighting or anything, but this is just dumb...

And PC has been a part of this dicussion this entire time, I'm almost 100% sure it was always a factor. PC gaming is always brought up, even amongst console discussions because a lot of us *GASP* are capable of owning and discussing the pros and cons of both. Go figure.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Anyways, you should always be able to Opt Out of letting companiessellany of your data on a product that you have paid for. It's retarded that it's some de facto bullshit. Them collecting it and using it themselves is one thing, whoring it out to everyone is an entirely different matter.

Xevy

Log Wizard
While this might all sound intrusive and that Kinect is spying on users to sell them products, one of the Microsoft employees stressed that the company does not want the technology and its customers to be abused. However, the volume of data captured by Microsoft and advertisers via Kinect is said to be significantly lower than the information recorded by game developers.

"This sort of works at two levels," the Microsoft employee added. "There's the game producers who have a different API, so a different set of code and system that they use, and they've got a lot more control of the whole thing, whereas from the advertising point of view we have a slightly more limited set, which is designed to protect the user. The company is very keen on protecting the user from any sort of abuse so we can't do certain things."

Literally the next two paragraphs.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Anyways, you should always be able to Opt Out of letting companiessellany of your data on a product that you have paid for. It's retarded that it's some de facto bullshit. Them collecting it and using it themselves is one thing, whoring it out to everyone is an entirely different matter.
Agreed. This new age marketing shit is fucking thin ice bullshit.

I honestly think this is one of those bridges that can't burn until it's ready to be crossed. In other words, Microsoft is going to have to pull off a swiift execution of this product properly (lol almost couldn't even type that correctly, excuse me) & let it's actions speak rather than the words because we're dealing with too many variables that we don't have our hands on yet and are subject to change.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think people like Sean think they're going to analyze his room while he's sleeping and detect his fleshlight then spam him with brazzers ads or something, but I doubt that's the case. From the article he himself posted MS said they could use it to detect things such as number of people in the room to advertise targeting families. That doesn't sound that fucked up to me, but I'm sure the people who think the NSA reads their sexts get all hot and bothered by it.

I also think the point should be made that advertisements are going to be thrown at you one way or another. If they detect my male voice and show me a Die Hard 7 commercial instead of a Tampax commercial, whooptee shit.

Edit:Xbox One's Kinect won't harvest marketing data, Microsoft says | Polygon

Posted couple weeks ago.