The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So apparently retail versions of the PS4 have yet to be seen and the reason is a rumored overheating issue...
PS4 overheating rumors persist | Attack of the Fanboy
Annoyed Gamer Video - Growing Concerns for the PlayStation 4 | GameTrailers
It's what 12 days before release? Any kind of widespread issue at this late date would make some serious noise given how many preorders they need to fill. There would be some massive delays (although if true early PS4 prices are going to skyrocket)

But I very much doubt it's true. VERY much.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Interview with Infinity Ward on COD running at 720p on Xbox:

"honestly, the hardest thing to deal with is not the architecture. It's the OS (operating system) of the systems. That's the thing that comes on the latest. The Xbox One's OS on their box versus the Sony OS, becomes the hardest. All the SDKs and stuff you have to work with - that's the stuff that changes, not the hardware itself...

There's no specific, oh, well, the VO chat on Xbox took up so much resources that we couldn't do 1080p native. There's no definitive one to one per se cause and effect...

It was a late decision, too. That call wasn't made until a month ago."

Xbox One Resolutiongate: Call of Duty: Ghosts dev Infinity Ward responds Eurogamer.net

Sean_sl

shitlord
Interview with Infinity Ward on COD running at 720p on Xbox:

"honestly, the hardest thing to deal with is not the architecture. It's the OS (operating system) of the systems. That's the thing that comes on the latest. The Xbox One's OS on their box versus the Sony OS, becomes the hardest. All the SDKs and stuff you have to work with - that's the stuff that changes, not the hardware itself...

There's no specific, oh, well, the VO chat on Xbox took up so much resources that we couldn't do 1080p native. There's no definitive one to one per se cause and effect...

It was a late decision, too. That call wasn't made until a month ago."

Xbox One Resolutiongate: Call of Duty: Ghosts dev Infinity Ward responds Eurogamer.net
It's funny how much third party devs dance around the hardware issue when the math isplain as day. The OS and dev tools are a huge issue too though from what's been passed around, so at least someone is calling out that publicly too.

Hopefully at some point people drop the fucking pretenses though, it's obnoxious.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Rumor has it that Uncharted 4 is coming soon from Naughty Dog. (don't know if it's PS3 or PS4 atm, but probably PS4).

Pete Dodd, a guy with a podcast who also became famous for starting the #PS4NoDRM hashtag around E3, mentioned it on his podcast.
famousmortimer (atPeteDodd) on Twitter

Doddcast 216 - YouTube
1:58:04
He has a message that says "q for podcast - best guess at naughty dog's new game. uncharted 4 or new ip space game?"

He responds: "Uh, I don't need to guess, it's Uncharted 4. Um, and evidently the trailer is Amazing. Um, I'm, um... guessing. I don't know this for a fact. I'm guessing that we're going to see it at...<interrupted>

Richard Grisham (@RichGrisham): Are you... Are you dropping mega tons without even announcing that you're dropping mega tons here? What what just happened?

Dodd: Is it really a mega ton that that that Naughty Dog is working on <laughs> a new Uncharted game? Um, yeah. They just they just visited those those space guys. I actually talked about this last night on my stream and there was like 13 people there which I was really excited about. So the fact that we have 95 right now is nuts. I.. I talked about this last night. Someone asked me like are they making a space game and I was like no, they're definitely not making a space game, 'cause I... well I I know the games that they're making. And uh, what's his name. Um, like, Christopher Balstra I don't know how to say his name out loud. I've read it a million times, I've never had to pronunciation it. But one of the heads of Naughty Dog tweeted today "We are Not making a Space Game." So that's the other part of the answer to this. No, they're not making a space game, yes they're making an... Well, I actually let let me preface this slightly. There IS an Uncharted 4. I have no idea if Naughty Dog's making it. I assume Naughty Dog's making it. But I do know for a fact that there's an Uncharted 4.

Grisham: Alright, good stuff.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's because the devs are probably not interfacing much with the hardware, the OS is probably handling a major portion of that. The root cause is the architecture, but I'm almost guaranteeing the devs don't deal much with it.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Meh. I'm sure Uncharted 4 will be amazing, but I'd much rather have a new IP (like TLoU). I thought 3 wrapped up the series pretty damn well.

Sean_sl

shitlord
It's because the devs are probably not interfacing much with the hardware, the OS is probably handling a major portion of that. The root cause is the architecture, but I'm almost guaranteeing the devs don't deal much with it.
What? The architecture is a major bottleneck. They have to deal directly with it. The OS doesn't handle the ESRAM at all and they have to manually flush everything on it (or so I've heard) which would be a massive pain in the ass. Unless you mean the Designers Vs. Programmers. The Programmers who build the game engines have to deal directly with all of the hardware of the system.

Szlia

Also, the hardware will never change while the OS and Dev Tools can and will, so it make sense for the devs to put some heat on Microsoft on those aspects for the changes to arrive sooner rather than later.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Also, the hardware will never change while the OS and Dev Tools can and will, so it make sense for the devs to put some heat on Microsoft on those aspects for the changes to arrive sooner rather than later.
At least, lets hope hardware doesn't change.

"CoD: Ghosts 13, optimized for Hardware revision 6 of the XBox One"

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You really can't tell the difference? Granted the youtube encoding ruins it a bit but still.

rrr_img_48495.jpg
I am playing this game on the Xbox 360 and it looks IDENTICAL to the shot on the left. My textures are no where near as washed out as in that shot where it is showing a PS3 version.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I am playing this game on the Xbox 360 and it looks IDENTICAL to the shot on the left. My textures are no where near as washed out as in that shot where it is showing a PS3 version.
You should post a comparison pic of the that scene.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Or better yet comparison pic of end of life xbox 360 with launch xbox 1 graphics and we try to guess which is which.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Or better yet comparison pic of end of life xbox 360 with launch xbox 1 graphics and we try to guess which is which.
Vaclav is playing the same game on the PS3 and the textures are simply not as bad as that pic makes it out to be. But yeah I would guess the Xbox One version will be equal - aside from some shitty upscaling and object pop decrease.

You should post a comparison pic of the that scene.
I do not have a screen capturing device for my 360 otherwise I would grab some pics and do the comparison. It's Ubisoft. They did jack all to develop a truly next gen Assassin's creed game on the upcoming platforms. About the only thing anyone is going to notice will be less object pop because there is a ton more memory to play with.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Like I said, blame Youtube. It is fucking horrible for comparing video.

But yeah, it's just a basic, quick port. Only real differences are going to be Resolution, Framerate, and probably Anti-Aliasing, Ubisoft isn't really known for doing HD textures for AC. So it'll look crisper, clearer, and less jaggy on PS4/PC and run smoother.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Meh. I'm sure Uncharted 4 will be amazing, but I'd much rather have a new IP (like TLoU). I thought 3 wrapped up the series pretty damn well.
They are in the process of making a new Space based action/adventure game. Think "The Dig" mates with The Last of Us. Expect it in 2016.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wish Amazon would offer a buy 2 games get 1 free year of PS Plus deal. I only really want knack and killzone but I may end up getting bf4 also.

Or assassin's creed. I just can't decide. Assassin's creed or bf4.