The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Sean_sl

shitlord
Okay, here's my totally wild guess in the new Tuco Format:

PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 2.5 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 900,000
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 7.5 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 3 million

Sean_sl

shitlord
wait, what!? I thought Sony straight up said they would not charge to play games online? Did this change or am I retarded?
PS+ is required to play PlayStation 4 games Online. This has been been known since E3. Nothing else is Paywalled on the PS4 and Free to Play games do not require PS+ to play Online.

PS3 & Vita remain unchanged.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, forgot about that one, it looks great.

Interesting that it's from the Farcry 3 director, that guy clearly has quite the fucking range.
And +1 more game that I'll be playing. Knack, Killzone, Creed or BF4 and Child of Light.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I think he was referring to the news story from the other day that Sony was going to up the price and charge monthly for access to certain games, like actively charging a monthly fee to play individual games as if they were MMOs. Fuck I don't even know anymore.

That whole deal was some weird rumor started at the Nikkea that never got sourced, and has confused the shit out of me ever since.

Sean_sl

shitlord
And +1 more game that I'll be playing. Knack, Killzone, Creed or BF4 and Child of Light.
Child of Light is still TBA 2014.

If you're looking for a good 2D RPG/Platformer though there is Trine 2: The Complete Story for Launch now.

There's also Contrast which is free if you have PS+:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Here's my guesses

PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 2.3 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 2.1 million
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 6 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 8 million

Xevy

Log Wizard
There are plenty of indie type games (I thought you Sony dudes loved that shit) that can use 8 people at once. Side-scrollers like Castle Crashers for example. Party games such as Mario Party, Fuzion Frenzy, Raving Ravids.

I don't think the intent was to NFL Red-Zone Octobox that shit, but with the size of some TVs now I don't think it's a complete impossibility.

Pardon me for not seeing this "100 pages ago" but there is just pages and pages of utter shit here and I've read probably 3/4 of it. Not sure why, at this point.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
PS+ is required to play PlayStation 4 games Online. This has been been known since E3. Nothing else is Paywalled on the PS4 and Free to Play games do not require PS+ to play Online.

PS3 & Vita remain unchanged.
Well that's rather disappointing, I guess I'm master race only now.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Not sure why that would stop you. PS+ is cheap and provides *enormous* value. It's really silly to *not* buy PS+ if you have any PlayStation platform.
The value of PS+ really is ridiculous. You can find discounted cards for $40/yr, so even if only one free game a year is one you'd otherwise have bought used, you still come out ahead.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The value of PS+ really is ridiculous. You can find discounted cards for $40/yr, so even if only one free game a year is one you'd otherwise have bought used, you still come out ahead.
Yep. And right now you instantly get 15 PS3 games and 7 Vita games:https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...SPLUSFREEGAMES

Right now is a great time to jump on too, since you get greats like Shadow of the Colossus HD, Ico HD, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Hotline Miami, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Uncharted 3, etc for the PS3. The Vita games are really fantastic too.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, here's my guess:

PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2014: between 1.8 and 2 million (1.9)
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2014: no more than 750,000
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2015: between 7 & 8 million (7.5)
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2015: no more than 4 million

Mine is a bit vague, so I gave averages for the "between" numbers.

Lorren_sl

shitlord
1st early PS4 ... hopefully Sony won't be dicks like MS & ban him too.

rrr_img_49051.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712177

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Spotify does the same thing but with the ability to listen to specific albums, send music to friends, build custom playlists, download the music on your phones(especially great for flying), find other people's playlists and make them your own as well as seeing what your friends are listening to in real time. I discover more music from my friends sending me songs, seeing what they are listening to than anything.

You really should give the 24 free trial a chance, it's the first music app worth paying 9.99 for.

EDIT: try the program on PC to really get a feel for how it works, you can do all the same shit on the phone apps it's just easier to manage.
I have spotify and love it. I just have had amazing luck with pandora when it comes to finding new artists.

Sean_sl

shitlord
This is odd:Xbox One won't play 3D Blu-rays -- for now | Reviews - Games and Gear - CNET Reviews

A Microsoft rep told CNET that the Xbox One doesn't support playback of 3D Blu-rays, though the company hadn't ruled out adding the feature in the future.

According to Sony's official online FAQ, the PS4 will support playback of 3D games, though none are available at launch. But the FAQ doesn't mention anything about the PS4 supporting playback of 3D movies.
0 fucks given here, since I think that 3D isbullshit, but heads up on the off chance that someone might care.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Noodleface's official guess:

PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 2.1 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 1.8 million
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 7.3 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 6.6 million

Are you going to make some sort of document or sticky for the contest?