The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The only ps4 game my target had out was call of dogs. It's possible they have some in the back but didn't bother to ask, since I doubt they had all 3 games I want anyways (BF4, Knack, and NFS)

spronk

FPS noob
the 30% target coupon doesn't apparently stack with b2g1 free anyways so no big deal if you don't get it

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 1,750,001 units
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 1,015,002 units
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 4,685,003 units
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 3,480,004 units

I am coming in really conservative because I expect this next holiday season is going to suck balls sales wise.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Welp, I am all kinds of pissed off.

Went back to Target, returned the 1 dollare pre-order cards and wrung them up again, still no coupon. Went to the back and a different guy was there and I asked about them selling PS4 games and the guy said "oh no, we're ignoring the corporate letter and only selling them on friday so everyone has an equal chance".

Like, what the fuck? That makes no sense at all. everyone has an equal chance by going in right now and hundreds of other targets are following the letter and selling them like they are supposed to, because fucking SONY said there is NO streedate on them. Told the guy "well, you just lost a customer, I'm not shopping here anymore" and walked out.

Returned the cards again on my way out and wans't going to buy them again, and ended up getting a coupon printed out on the Return proccess, lulz.

Dunno if I'm going to go back there on friday, fuckers will probably argue about me using it with the B2G1F deal even though everyone else is using it fine.

Maybe I'll go back on Tuesday when they'll have NFS/AC4 in and bitch out their manager.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If there is one thing you don't do, it's fuck with Sean and video games. Set the place on fire!

I'm going in later this week and hoping they have something, but if not it's not a huge deal. Basically I'll buy 3 games if they have them, but I'm not super pumped about most of the game so it's just a thing of "if it's there I"ll get it." Otherwise just picking up BF4 or KZ. cannot decide!!!!

spronk

FPS noob
i'd say get KZ, console versions of bf have never been that great and most of the playerbase is PC. bf4 will also be 50% off on black friday on all platforms at gamestop

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Equal chance? What a fucking idiot. Do games even sell out anymore like they used to with cartridges?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Welp, I am all kinds of pissed off.

Went back to Target, returned the 1 dollare pre-order cards and wrung them up again, still no coupon. Went to the back and a different guy was there and I asked about them selling PS4 games and the guy said "oh no, we're ignoring the corporate letter and only selling them on friday so everyone has an equal chance".

Like, what the fuck? That makes no sense at all. everyone has an equal chance by going in right now and hundreds of other targets are following the letter and selling them like they are supposed to, because fucking SONY said there is NO streedate on them. Told the guy "well, you just lost a customer, I'm not shopping here anymore" and walked out.

Returned the cards again on my way out and wans't going to buy them again, and ended up getting a coupon printed out on the Return proccess, lulz.

Dunno if I'm going to go back there on friday, fuckers will probably argue about me using it with the B2G1F deal even though everyone else is using it fine.

Maybe I'll go back on Tuesday when they'll have NFS/AC4 in and bitch out their manager.
As someone who works in retail, you are my worst nightmare lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As someone who works in retail, you are my worst nightmare lol
I've worked in retail for 13 years too, I was reserving my judgment lol.

The only reason I wanted BF4 was because I really wanted something I could hop on and play some MP with for awhile, and I'm not really interested in the KZ multiplayer. I am interested in the KZ single player though. If I did the B2G1 free I'm not even sure what my 3rd game would be, maybe NFS

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well each target is supposedly legitimately only getting 6 AC4s, but if you get it as your third game, you can just get the ps3 version and pay 10 dollars to upgrade to ps4. You're still getting the game at a ridiculous discount.

I wasn't even going to get AC4 but the launch selection is pretty slim so I picked it as my third, and just took the ps3 version today and upgraded to the ps4 version.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Well each target is supposedly legitimately only getting 6 AC4s, but if you get it as your third game, you can just get the ps3 version and pay 10 dollars to upgrade to ps4. You're still getting the game at a ridiculous discount.

I wasn't even going to get AC4 but the launch selection is pretty slim so I picked it as my third, and just took the ps3 version today and upgraded to the ps4 version.
Already getting the AC4 CE from Amazon. Knack + Killzone + NFS Rivals would be what I would pick up.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Right, just sayin that some of the third party titles may be in limited supply for the target deals. I have zero interest in sports games, and only a passing interest in racing games, so basically killzone, knack and AC4 are the only games for this launch that appeal to me personally, I'm sure there's more people like that out there, so those titles might be in demand to some degree.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Right, just sayin that some of the third party titles may be in limited supply for the target deals. I have zero interest in sports games, and only a passing interest in racing games, so basically killzone, knack and AC4 are the only games for this launch that appeal to me personally, I'm sure there's more people like that out there, so those titles might be in demand to some degree.
And I being one of them.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering multiple PS4 games. You have qualified for a free game from a selection of PS4 titles.

Add one of the qualifying items to your cart and at checkout apply your individual claim code: Xxxxxx

Your savings will be displayed in your Order Summary. Offer is valid through November 16, 2013.

Pretty fucking baller

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Amazon just sent me a code -- buy one more game and get one free. So they're matching B2G1.

I don't know, however, if there are two games beyond Killzone that I'm really interested in. Somewhat curious to try Assassin's Creed and maybe Knack? The alternative would be to buy Killzone & AC and sell Killzone via ebay or something.

I'm generally not a huge fan of stealth gameplay, but it's been a while since I played a game from that genre. Can I just be a sword wielding pirate?
tongue.png

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
AC4 is actually pretty alright from the little bit I've played of it. Its more of a piratan around the world sim than an AC game? Feels like that at least. I dunno. I was a pretty hard sale on the thing but free (or 10 dollars whatever) is cheap enough to get me to bite and so I did and its actually not shitty and boring with a 4 hour tutorial like 3 was.

Killzone and Knack just look like good titles to see how the hardware behaves, basically. I'm sure they'll be enjoyable but nothing special.