The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just curious, and it may be no one, but of most of you who are not touching their Ps4 right now due to lack of games; do any of you have friends on the Xbone?

I ask because I haven't bought either system, and was leaning towards Ps4, but I have about 4 friends loving on the Xbone and for that reason alone I'm leaning towards the Xbone now.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Just curious, and it may be no one, but of most of you who are not touching their Ps4 right now due to lack of games; do any of you have friends on the Xbone?

I ask because I haven't bought either system, and was leaning towards Ps4, but I have about 4 friends loving on the Xbone and for that reason alone I'm leaning towards the Xbone now.
Haven't been playing my PS4 at all except for Don't Starve which just came out, but I wouldn't be playing an Xbone either. There isn't really anything out this month for either system and the next thing is Thief (both) in February and then MGSV Ground Zeros (both) and Infamous SS (PS4) in March.

On the other hand, there is an absolute fuckton of PS3 exclusive games out in February & March and a couple X360/PS3/PC only games.

Slim pickings. There's too much shit that should be on the PS4 and Xbone but isn't, like Dark Souls 2, Castlevania LoS2, and South Park.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why are they releasing these damn systems with no frickin' games!?!?! (I know it's for the $$, but come on).

Sean_sl

shitlord
Why are they releasing these damn systems with no frickin' games!?!?! (I know it's for the $$, but come on).
There's games, there's just not many. It sucks ass, especially since there's shit that should be cross-gen but isn't. It's going to be ass until April probably. It's temporary at least.

Everyone should just buy a 3DS if they don't have one! And a PS3.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

I find myself playing the Xbox more lately because it's always on and available. I actually regret not buying one or two multiplats on it because things like gaming w/ TV on snap are pretty awesome in action, as is being able to pop between a game and TV so easily. Has little to do with game selection or friends on the console at the moment for me. My friends are splintered between the two consoles and co-op opportunities (our preferred play style) relatively non-existant, so that won't be a factor until later. Also 2k's bullshit always-online and server/VC problems are what tore me away from my most played game - MyCareer on NBA2k14.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What was your sales prediction for the contest?
I never made any, nor do I have any stake in any of this. But I always thought, and probably did mention this somewhere in this thread that anyone which said the xbone would be fail is an idiot.

Im actually kind of surprised at the xbone myself and how well they did purely from the price standpoint. $500 is a lot to spend on a console. Now imagine if they brought it to the market for $400 like the ps4.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The Show is introducing Universal Currency. Surprisingly Madden has had an XP system for a couple iterations and stuck to their word of not charging for it so far - they're making tons of money from Ultimate Team so they don't really have to I think.

I'm not sure The Show is on stable enough ground to go through what 2k is/just did, they don't even sell 1m copies of that title typically I think so surely they're not taking the same path.

As to the past-gen releases, haven't touched my PS3 since opening the PS4 and then Xbox One, don't really intend to. Regret not selling it during all of the specials, but know I would have regretted not keeping it, if that makes any sense. Just don't have the time, and if I did I'd put that into PC gaming.

Sean_sl

shitlord
As to the past-gen releases, haven't touched my PS3 since opening the PS4 and then Xbox One, don't really intend to. Regret not selling it during all of the specials, but know I would have regretted not keeping it, if that makes any sense. Just don't have the time, and if I did I'd put that into PC gaming.
Heh, I do NOT want to play my PS3 at all anymore, but pretty much have to due to the huge amount of RPGs coming out this year that are exclusive to it. At least I will probably be able to use my Dualshock 4s with all of the games coming, but being tethered to a cord blows so much. Sony really needs to do a PS3 firmware update that lets you pair DS4s with it. It would make so much sense to make that happen.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No, I wouldn't have, because I don't do that shit. I also never mentioned that number or anything remotely close to it before or after the initial contest entry.

But hey, feel free to keep making shit up and making hilariously dumb assumptions about something I wouldn't have done and havenever done before.

You were a good player, but you sure are a shitty poster.
You had your chance to make a solid prediction. And you made a terrible one.

Either way you're the prototypical person that mkopec is talking about here. Talked shit for a year about how bad Xbones would fail and here we are and they're fine.

Siliconemelons

Sony the PlayStation is not a venture but part of their "self" so as long as its surviving and bringing profit etc the playstation is not going anywhere- generation 1 hitting 40/60 and then gen 2 60/40 followed by 50/50 it will be there.

Microsoft still considers the xbox a venture, if it keeps looseing marketshare - regardless of if the thing at the end of the day makes some money- it could see a chopping block. They will morph it into a media PC and call it a day after this gen or the next.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I thought the big reveal was that MS has already stated that the xbox brand isn't making money and it's likely going away after this gen?

Vaclav

Either way you're the prototypical person that mkopec is talking about here. Talked shit for a year about how bad Xbones would fail and here we are and they're fine.
Depends on what definition of "failure" you use - its a pretty wide-arching term. We've seen it on these very forums and its precursors used to label MMOs that are quite healthy as "failures" (i.e. EQ1 that still manages to chug along is a "failure" to most here - it suffered a market slide for sure, but it's hardly "failed" in the absolute use of the term)

Vaclav

I thought the big reveal was that MS has already stated that the xbox brand isn't making money and it's likely going away after this gen?
I think that was just implied with them talking about selling off the brand to separate it. Never seen it stated absolutely by MS.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Depends on who the new CEO is. Certain candidates have shown interest in divesting divisions which are losing money to stream line the company.

Personally I think they would be crazy to do it but you never know.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Depends on what definition of "failure" you use - its a pretty wide-arching term. We've seen it on these very forums and its precursors used to label MMOs that are quite healthy as "failures" (i.e. EQ1 that still manages to chug along is a "failure" to most here - it suffered a market slide for sure, but it's hardly "failed" in the absolute use of the term)
If Xbone ends up being #2 this gen especially in the US it will be considered a failure no matter how many they sell. They had a ton of momentum from the 360 and totally squandered it.

Sean_sl

shitlord

Fine? They've lost their marketshare and are behind in every single territory. The only reason they've sold as much as they have is because Sony can't meet demand and people want new shiny toys because it's been 8 years since a new console has been out. If Sony could manufacture more units Microsoft would have sold way less and have even more Xbones piling up on shelves. Microsoft has excess stock and Sony is selling out, that is very telling.

The gap is only going to widen.

Column_sl

shitlord
Any recommendations for the Ps3 sale?

Not worried about the PC games

Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien | $3.75 | $7.49 | $14.99P
Crysis 3 | $5.00 | $9.99 | $19.991P
Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut | $13.49 | $14.99 | $29.99P
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium | $5.00 | $9.99 | $19.99P
F1 2013| $20.99 | $29.99 | $59.99P
Far Cry Blood Dragon | $3.75 | $7.49 | $14.99P
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut [Cross Buy] | $5.24 | $7.49 | $12.99P
Pool Nation | $2.25 | $4.49 | $8.49P
Puppeteer | $7.00 | $13.99 | $39.99P
Rain | $3.75 | $7.49 | $14.992P
Rayman Legends | $35.99 | $47.99 | $59.99P
Tales of Xillia | $10.00 | $19.99 | $39.9934P
The Wolf Among Us Season Pass | $13.49 | $14.99 | $19.995P
Thomas Was Alone [Cross Buy] | $2.50 | $4.99 | $9.99P

Column_sl

shitlord
Depends on who the new CEO is. Certain candidates have shown interest in divesting divisions which are losing money to stream line the company.

Personally I think they would be crazy to do it but you never know.
They talked about this on Twit, they guy who wants to break everything up is not going to be the new CEO.