The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Code only Lasts for like 3 days. I'm sure there will be no sales either
Quite possibly not, but it works for P/O's too - so Bloodborne is definitely going on there for me - maybe some other stuff that I know I'll want (normally) undiscounted.

Explosivo_sl

shitlord
Just picked up a ps4 over the holidays and am loving it so far, although my biggest gripe about console gaming is the state of voice communication. How the fuck is it 2015 and console controllers don't have dedicated push to talk buttons yet?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You're the first person I've ever heard request that. I guess it's a good idea, but it would take some getting used to. Plus, yet another button on the controller. It might work if you could put it on the rear of the controller and hit it with a finger that is otherwise not in use, but still.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So the kid got enough money for his birthday to get a xbone. Because all his buddies from school are on xbone rather than PS4. I got it friday, the Assassins Creed edition for $349.

Crone

Just picked up a ps4 over the holidays and am loving it so far, although my biggest gripe about console gaming is the state of voice communication. How the fuck is it 2015 and console controllers don't have dedicated push to talk buttons yet?
Extra button I would imagine that is hard to accomadate and most just go with voice activated. Mouth breathers probably have a problem with that, but for the most part it's been ok. The world can hear me cough and hack into the phone. Whatevs.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Extra button I would imagine that is hard to accomadate and most just go with voice activated. Mouth breathers probably have a problem with that, but for the most part it's been ok. The world can hear me cough and hack into the phone. Whatevs.
I dont mind a dude clearing his throat once in a while. But usually its me hearing the game through his mic because his TV is too loud, and hes too cheap to buy a real headset which gets annoying really quick.

Explosivo_sl

shitlord
You're the first person I've ever heard request that. I guess it's a good idea, but it would take some getting used to. Plus, yet another button on the controller. It might work if you could put it on the rear of the controller and hit it with a finger that is otherwise not in use, but still.
Yeah I've never heard anyone mention it before either, it just seems self evident to me coming from only playing PC games for the past several years. It makes me sound old, but the implementation of voice communication on consoles is the number one reason I've been console-less for so long.

I agree it would take some getting used to, but I would gladly do it to never have to deal with voice activated communcation again. Unless everyone in your party chat has a good headset and no spouses/rommates/pets its just consistently immersion breaking for me. Right now all I can do is just keep my mic muted unless I want to talk and deal with all the background noise my friends are putting out.

If I could design a foot pedal or something that functioned as a console push to talk I would be a very happy camper indeed.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I dont mind a dude clearing his throat once in a while. But usually its me hearing the game through his mic because his TV is too loud, and hes too cheap to buy a real headset which gets annoying really quick.
Just keep the parties small.

Explosivo_sl

shitlord
Sony didn't seem to have any trouble integrating a "share" button and track pad, I don't think a button with a single dedicated use would be all that hard.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Not hard to put a button on there, it is hard to put one in a place where you can strafe, aim, shoot and crouch at the same time and hit it.

Vaclav

Is it just me or does the auto-detect on opening a channel for the mic generally get the job done anyhow? I'm never hearing complaints about me having extraneous shit going across even when I'm using the cheapie included headset (have one gold, one cheapie for the two PS4s) - if I'm talking to the wife a sec I just hit the toggle on the wire, otherwise it doesn't usually pick up stupid shit unless I'm coughing. (But that always gets comments, doesn't it)

Crone

Agreed, annoying, but I just yell at my cheap ass friends to turn their damn TV down.No big deal. If playing with randoms all the time, I guess that could get more annoying, but oh well. Doesn't bother me so much that it's "breaking my immersion".

I have 2 kids under age 2, the immersion was long broke, so distractions are normal, and someone's background noise through their mic is just another thing to drown out.