The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So is there anybody here that played FPS on the PC for decades and just *can't* adapt to playing them on the PS4 with a controller? I've forced myself to play some FPS's on the PS4, investing numerous hours, and I just can't shake the feeling that I'm constantly handicapped/gimped. Aiming with the thumbstick is madness inducing for me..
The embarrassment of my 11 year old daughter kicking my ass with a controller motivated me to just stick with it and not suck. Just find a sensitivity setting that feels good and practice. You will eventually stop thumb spazzing.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ya I went from not being able to use one to being able to pick up a PS3/ps4xbox360/1 controller and do pretty good. Obviously not as good as I am on PC but I was able to tear it up with Zarcath and his halo buddies back in BF3.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So is there anybody here that played FPS on the PC for decades and just *can't* adapt to playing them on the PS4 with a controller? I've forced myself to play some FPS's on the PS4, investing numerous hours, and I just can't shake the feeling that I'm constantly handicapped/gimped. Aiming with the thumbstick is madness inducing for me..
I've gotten better but still feel pretty shitty with the controller

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Ok, well glad I'm not alone. I played Last of Us: Remastered which was truly epic if not for the insane frustration of constantly spazzing the targeting reticle everywhere but the actual target.

PS4 needs less FPS titles and more strategy/RPG.. Would love to play Wasteland II or even Darkest Dungeon on my PS4.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Darkest Dungeon is coming for PS4, though an official date has still not been released.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wasteland 2 was announced for Xbox One yesterday, announced for PS4 today:Wasteland 2 coming to PS4 - PlayStation.Blog.Europe

Some fun stuff from the MS presser today:

- Elite Dangerous coming to Xbox One this summer
- Xbox One/Windows 10 cross buy with PC, with many first party titles releasing on both Windows 10 and Xbox One - buy one copy and play on both, stats synced, etc.
-[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */program no longer just about the console, bringing a bunch of games to Windows 10.

spronk

FPS noob
Ok, well glad I'm not alone. I played Last of Us: Remastered which was truly epic if not for the insane frustration of constantly spazzing the targeting reticle everywhere but the actual target.

PS4 needs less FPS titles and more strategy/RPG.. Would love to play Wasteland II or even Darkest Dungeon on my PS4.
I put in 150+ hours each on PC into CSGO, BF3, BF4, and Titanfall pre PS4 launch so I definitely was more used to PC FPS gaming, but I've pretty much moved to 100% ps4 now (tired of fiddling around with my PC and dealing with shitty/delayed ports) and adapted pretty well. Playing GTA5 right now and I do definitely get frustrated sometimes with the reticule not going exactly where I want it to, but two tips to adapt better:

1) adjust the sensitivity to something you are more comfy with, since I was using a high DPI mouse I change mine on gta/destiny/etc to a higher sensitivity and it works better for me
2) work with auto aim, not against it. Every time you re-ADS on most of the FPSs it will move a bit to try and get closer to your nearest target, this drove me crazy at first since it was sorta like your pointer spazzing out but now I work much faster when I work with it and move in/out of ADS constantly to retarget. I do have a much harder time in GTA5 with it though than Destiny or COD:AW, both of which do a great job with gunplay.

If all else fails you can get a xim4 and hook up a kb/mouse to console though.

Pretty awesome xbox one news, I barely turn mine on but would be more tempted if all xbox one games were cross buy with PC. I assume thats digital only though

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Pretty awesome xbox one news, I barely turn mine on but would be more tempted if all xbox one games were cross buy with PC. I assume thats digital only though
yeah the devil is in the details. It is either incredibly awesome news or ends up being completely underwhelming due to licensing restrictions, 1st party only, and the hundreds of other caveats that could get heaped on to really limit the possibilities.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'd hope they have more success than Sony did w/ cross buy/play given the ecosystems involved.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Not sure where to post this but here seems good. Looking for a ps3 which main purpose will be a Netflix player but will get some gaming use. What's the best deal out there? Are used ps3s to be trusted cause I see a lot of them that won't read discs.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure where to post this but here seems good. Looking for a ps3 which main purpose will be a Netflix player but will get some gaming use. What's the best deal out there? Are used ps3s to be trusted cause I see a lot of them that won't read discs.
I have a second 40GB PS3 going unused that's a slim (not superslim) - if you've got a price in mind. Worked fine for our "godkids" while they wanted to try some stuff out on it. It definitely still reads discs/etc. Only possible downside is I did break the security seals on that one. (I was dumb when I was doing the first HD upgrade didn't realize you go in the side - it's back to the default drive now, got the bigger drive in the superslim we have)

Not sure how reliable used is/etc - from what I know of Slims it looks like the DVD player looks easy to replace - like installing a PC one once it's open, so if you do get one with a problem DVD drive it looks like you'd just position it (maybe there's a screw or two, didn't try moving the drive bay) correctly and run the ribbon to the board. [Obviously google it to see how the full thing works and my theory is correct, but short story - on a Slim model if you get mine or someone elses it looks like Slims are quite repairable for that - haven't opened the Superslim, but with how the drive and the case look to be part of the same piece I would be leery of Superslims - original Fat's are probably similar to Slim in repair I'd imagine, but not had one to quote any personal knowledge there]

If you're interested in putting in an offer for mine (it would be coming from 32952 ZIP for guesstimating shipping - I don't have a scale handy, should fit in a USPS Medium Flat Rate box I think though) - let me know, it's just sitting here collecting dust. Only purpose it's served since the move was one Netflix night and loaning it out - but even loaning it out has seemed to dry up now.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Thanks anyways but just said fuck it and grabbed a refurbished one from game stop today.

Vaclav

Thanks anyways but just said fuck it and grabbed a refurbished one from game stop today.
The refurbs are supposedly pretty solid and covered for at least a month without the warranty thing and like a year if you do - honestly, probably the best idea with your hesitation. (Unless the price was astronomical in comparison to current value from individuals)

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, was 220 for a slim 120gb with two games and a 2 year warranty. Little more than I was wanting to spend but once the warranty is up, ps4s should be at a decent price if I want to upgrade.

Vaclav

Yeah, was 220 for a slim 120gb with two games and a 2 year warranty. Little more than I was wanting to spend but once the warranty is up, ps4s should be at a decent price if I want to upgrade.
Ouch, so yea, about $200 probably - but the warranty removes any stressing over if it fails, unlike a personal sale.

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop has a 50% trade in bonus this weekend, i just traded in my wii u for $232 (paid $225 from nintendo refurb store) and ps4 for $345, going to best buy to get a new ps4. back up your ps4 saves to a thumb/usb drive since even swapping drives requires reformat/reinstall (encrypted drives). not going to bother picking up a new wii u for now, i barely touch it and the system is pretty shitty.

they also have higher trade in values for games this weekend like $30 for most new releases

Crone

gamestop has a 50% trade in bonus this weekend, i just traded in my wii u for $232 (paid $225 from nintendo refurb store) and ps4 for $345, going to best buy to get a new ps4. back up your ps4 saves to a thumb/usb drive since even swapping drives requires reformat/reinstall (encrypted drives). not going to bother picking up a new wii u for now, i barely touch it and the system is pretty shitty.

they also have higher trade in values for games this weekend like $30 for most new releases
Why trade in your Ps4? Just to get a "newer" one, or does BB have a deal on Ps4's this weekend as well?