The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Gonna put this here, but grabbed a razer wildcat for my dark souls 3 playthrough on pc. Holy shit is this thing baddass.

spronk

FPS noob
from neogaf on PS4K, could be real could be BS

neogaf dude_sl said:
Price is currently $399.99 they were discussing a better CPU which would raise the price to $499.99 we were guaranteed the price will be no higher than $499.99 (He mentioned the CPU upgrade quite a bit almost as if they haven't really decided on a final spec could be a pricing issue.) also there is currently no plan for any type of trade in program for current PS4 users but that could change.

They stated that the GPU is twice as powerful as standard PS4 and much faster. They did not say exactly how fast but that is was running at a higher clock speed while being much smaller than the original.

It will have a 4k blu ray player and will upscale games that are not natively 4k.

Also there was talk of some sort of VR lounge for the media player app which is supposed to be getting a substantial upgrade.

It was stated plainly and with no room for interpretation that there are developers that already have development kits for the PS4K and that they are making games that will directly target and take advantage of the higher specs of the PS4K. It was also stated that these games will in fact work for the PS4 but with considerable sacrifices made to performance.

It was also made very clear that current games would not be getting any type of performance upgrades by being played on the system and any benefits to older games would come via patch per game and per developer. When asked if this was going to happen the response was "Its a possibility but doubtful with the exception of a handful of games."
We were also given a list of games that will be available at launch that will directly take advantage of the PS4K where the differences are and I will quote him "Significant."

For the PSVR

Eve Valkyrie
Robinson
GT Sport

For the PS4K

Deep Down (Thought this was dead)
GOW4 (This was the exact abbreviation on the sheet I can only assume its god of war 4)

There were more games on the list but these are the ones that stood out to me.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
They are apparently coming out with 4k VUE service, so it could very well be real.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh FFS. The one thing I always loved about consoles was I only need to upgrade every 7 years or so. Now they are turning consoles into the Pc market.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
remembered how bad I am at dark souls games last night. Razer wilcat is still alive and best controller I've put my hands on.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For that much money I think I'd just get an Elite instead. Wish Sony would make something similar, because I fucking hate the d-pad/left stick swap and I'll never go back to using a controller without all the extra functionality you can bind onto the touchpad using DS4Windows.

As for PS+, Zombi will be the first game in a very long time that I'm actually looking forward to trying. Probably just going to be disappointed as usual though, if the metacritic score is at all accurate. I really need to just play the tiny handful of PS+ games I have backlogged and stop renewing this shit.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Gonna put this here, but grabbed a razer wildcat for my dark souls 3 playthrough on pc. Holy shit is this thing baddass.
That's funny I just picked up an XB1 Elite controller for the same thing and am currently playing through DS2 now after finishing the first one again. It has a really nice weight to it and I really like how you can toggle the triggers into a tap or normal style pull mode. Haven't really tried the back paddles out yet but it reminds me a bit of the Steam controller.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I thought about the elite but I heard a bunch of complaints about the paddles and people not liking them or falling off or something like that so opted for the razer.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
That's funny I just picked up an XB1 Elite controller for the same thing and am currently playing through DS2 now after finishing the first one again. It has a really nice weight to it and I really like how you can toggle the triggers into a tap or normal style pull mode. Haven't really tried the back paddles out yet but it reminds me a bit of the Steam controller.
I have the elite and I love it. As for the paddles, I don't use them really. I find that I rest my fingers where they are and that they are very light in the triggering of the button. I was constantly hitting the buttons back there. Would take some serious muscle memory reprogramming. Beyond that, it's a great piece of hardware.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
PS4 can't even do 1080p well. I don't know why anyone would be excited about a PS4K for anything other than 4k video(which there are better options anyway).

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Wakandan please. I'm just saying, hook a computer up to that TV and enjoy real 4K entertainment!

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bring on the PS4K! It will pair nicely with my new samsung 4k 60"
tyx9emw.gif