The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Where are you Naughty Dog? That blue light on the controller will be seriously shitty reflecting on my plasma if you can't turn it off. Do not want.

D3? lame.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Thought the games were kinda lacking, but bar has been set pretty high for the functionality the console is providing.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So now we know why D3 had such severe skill limitations and the PVP patch has been delayed since forever I guess?

nuday

Golden Squire
I'm sort of excited about D3, just because I might have more friends who actually play it now. I would really like to know if these games that are PS3 and PS4 will allow cross-server play.

Sounds promising , being able to stream games to your vita is damn cool idea. How it turns out guess we shall see. Not sure what kind of thud MS will make with their announcement of the next xbox along with games. But if they were smart they should tie it to pc gamers. Sure they promised that with LIVE and we all know how that garbage turned out. But this go around i cant imagine them not trying to make that shit work.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This was just a ploy to get MS out of the closet and rehash everything by e3. Otherwise nothing said here today was something they couldnt postpone till E3.

best part was jonothan blow's reveal of his trailer for the witness. it being now ps4 exclusive (+pc +ios), i'm guessing, won't be out on the pc till the ps4 is out or soon after? that game needs to be on the oculus.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Was at work for most of the press conference and I was going to ask for a recap, but turns out they didn't announce shit.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Microsoft will have streaming, and probably through twitch. I have no idea why they went with ustream. The game stream site is twitch, and to be honest if you put the ps4 out on an island outside of other PS4 owners who's going to go to ustream? I'm not.

And specs do not matter in a console, they will be close enough that studios will make 2 ports that run reasonably close perhaps with a shadow here or a shadow there. The thing is regardless of console specs they cannot be pushing the envelope of engine or graphic specs because that hardware is too expensive to put into a console unless its price point is obscene.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Microsoft will have streaming, and probably through twitch. I have no idea why they went with ustream.
I wouldn't be surprised if your first sentence is the reason for the second: Microsoft got some exclusive deal with Twitch, so Sony had to go with uStream.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
No console reveal
No price
No HD size(( this better be huge seeing how they are going to preload games they think you'll want to buy on it. ))
No word on the console lock chips that'll be on ps4 games to stop sharing.

Otherwise, looked decent. Waiting to find out the rest of the specs and what MS is doing. Then I'll decide which console, if any, I'm going next gen or if I'll be going back to PC only.

I'm most impressed with the 8Gig of GDDR5 RAM. That and the mostly PC-derived hardware. The next five years of of game development will have a good deal of flexibility if this is the lowest common denominator.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
No console reveal
No price
No HD size(( this better be huge seeing how they are going to preload games they think you'll want to buy on it. ))
No word on the console lock chips that'll be on ps4 games to stop sharing.

Otherwise, looked decent. Waiting to find out the rest of the specs and what MS is doing. Then I'll decide which console, if any, I'm going next gen or if I'll be going back to PC only.
Did they mention anything about PS World or whatever the fuck they are going to call it?