The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Any way to see trade in values? I've got a bunch of older Ps4 games just laying around and figure I should take advantage of this trade in deal.
They don't usually advertise it on the site but if you call a local store they might tell you

spronk

FPS noob
you can always see trade in values for gamestop on their website, link above, or on the phone app. I've never, ever heard of any store adjusting values, trades are pretty automated through their register you just hand them the games, give them your ID/card, tell them you also want to pre order Call of Duty and put $5 of your trade towards it, and it all happens automatic. The website does NOT reflect bonuses, so for example the 50% bonus if you pre order Call of Duty would have to be added on top of any trade values, a $25 website trade in value would be $25 x 1.5 would be $37.50, and the 10% PUr Pro bonus is always off the base so $25 x 1.6 = $40.

the website is down now though so i dunno if any bonus trade values are still happening, the call of duty bonus was only over the weekend I think. There are some dudes that run around making hundreds of dollars in trade credit when weekends like this happen, like you can buy rory golf and minecraft stories at target for $10 each on clearance and trade them for $25-30 at gamestop, but the only thing you can really buy at gamestop nowadays is gaming stuff, food gift cards, PSN/xbox cards, or netflix/uber gift cards. They stopped allowing you to buy amazon, ebay and gas gift cards with trade credit last year.

kudos

<Banned>
Why doesn't Blizzard put Hearthstone on PS4 since the idiots over at CD Projekt decided putting Gwent on Xbox One was a good idea? Is there any card game worth a shit on PS4?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why doesn't Blizzard put Hearthstone on PS4 since the idiots over at CD Projekt decided putting Gwent on Xbox One was a good idea? Is there any card game worth a shit on PS4?

Gwent did a beta - not sure if it's currently active, but they're absolutely developing for it.

spronk

FPS noob
may ps+ games are up including tales from borderlands
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES

star wars may the 4th sale also up
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/may-the-4th-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-MAYTHE4THSALEGG

and finally golden week, which has some great ones like Gravity Rush 1 & 2, Final Fantasy XV, Nier for $42, and a bunch of vita games
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/golden-week-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-GOLDENWEEKALLG

and i guess dark siders III is a thing, i vaguely remember playing the first one but this feels like a game no one asked for or cares about

Randin

Trakanon Raider
and i guess dark siders III is a thing, i vaguely remember playing the first one but this feels like a game no one asked for or cares about
Eh, I really liked the Darksiders games back in the day (1 more than 2, but still). Wasn't expecting this to show up, but I'll take it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So, eventually there's gonna be a 5th PlayStation, are they gonna just call it PS5? I feel like by 5 somehow the name has gotta have some change to it.

Through my exploration of name considerations, not wanting to stray far from traditional name style, I checked the Japanese word for five, the result: go.

Initial thought: that would be too deceptive given English translation.

BUT then i realized if Wii has a portability option, Sony clearly will have surpassed them in that regard in the future model, meaning in fact PlayStation Go would be a wonderful bilingual play on words for name.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
may ps+ games are up including tales from borderlands
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES

star wars may the 4th sale also up
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/may-the-4th-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-MAYTHE4THSALEGG

and finally golden week, which has some great ones like Gravity Rush 1 & 2, Final Fantasy XV, Nier for $42, and a bunch of vita games
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/golden-week-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-GOLDENWEEKALLG

I really liked the first darksiders, the second felt like a step back for me though. It has to potential to be really good, but we'll see

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So, eventually there's gonna be a 5th PlayStation, are they gonna just call it PS5? I feel like by 5 somehow the name has gotta have some change to it.

Through my exploration of name considerations, not wanting to stray far from traditional name style, I checked the Japanese word for five, the result: go.

Initial thought: that would be too deceptive given English translation.

BUT then i realized if Wii has a portability option, Sony clearly will have surpassed them in that regard in the future model, meaning in fact PlayStation Go would be a wonderful bilingual play on words for name.
Tons of electronic hardware increment number past 4. iPhone 7 and Galaxy S8 for example.

Unless it's something radically different from the current system, it will be PS5

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Darksiders 1 was really great in many ways and left everyone looking forward to Darksiders 2. Then it happened and everyone wondered wtf went wrong. It was almost a completely different game and lost most of the 'charm' 1 had. Then there was the PC port which had a billion issues and left an even more sour taste in people's mouths. There was also some employee firing controversy that I think was nothing in reality.

Gunfire Games looks mostly made up of the old Darksiders / Vigil Games team, so it could be a positive. Depends on if THQ was more responsible for Darksiders 2 shortcomings, or if the team just has a one hit wonder with Darksiders 1. I'll be cautiously optimistic as I really loved the first game.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tons of electronic hardware increment number past 4. iPhone 7 and Galaxy S8 for example.

Unless it's something radically different from the current system, it will be PS5

PlayStation Go is just too clever for them to not tie it in somehow.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I also really enjoyed the Darksiders games and was disappointed when THQ shut down. I'm looking forward to DS3.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I also really enjoyed the Darksiders games and was disappointed when THQ shut down. I'm looking forward to DS3.

I'm a bit more cautious with my optimism more than I normally would be though - Fury in the series breaks from the normal Horseman mythos so much I'm afraid it might be jarring to me.

I'd be far less dubious with a more normal PC for the mythos.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Obviously, as most everyone knows, make sure to cross reference those digital deals with what Amazon/BB are selling them for. What I normally do is check Amazon, see the same physical game on sale for (usually) lower then the digital version, go to Best Buy, have them price match, and then use GC on it as well to save an additional 20%.

For example: Nier - $44.95 on Amazon. Have BB match it - have a GC account to get it for $35.99 - also have the physical which you can trade in afterwards as well. Battlefront Ultimate edition is already 6 dollars cheaper on Amazon. So always cross reference these digital deals because when they go up, a lot of the times the physical editions are much better deals.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm a bit more cautious with my optimism more than I normally would be though - Fury in the series breaks from the normal Horseman mythos so much I'm afraid it might be jarring to me.

I'd be far less dubious with a more normal PC for the mythos.

In the Comics, Fury and Strife never cared for the older brothers they will fight with them if needed, but mostly left to there own devices..

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Yeah, like Land Before Time, in no way does Land Before Time 13 deter somebody looking for something new.

And phones are numbered because no one cares about their name and without a number we would hardly know its new.