The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I think the PS4 controller has pretty much the same features but the actual controller SUCKKKKKS. I don't know how people even game with the pathetic excuse for a controller. It's like it's made for tiny asian hands. I honestly thought they'd change them for the ps4 was so shocked when they didn't. I HATTTTEE the ps 4 controller.
These are 2 pictures from much earlier in this thread. From June.

9KaEbxP.jpg

That's a PS4 & Xbone controller side by side.

4mHdhuy.gif

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Buddy just told me tonight that the store he pre-ordered his PS4 from phoned him today and told him that if he wants a second controller he has to pre-order one now because non will be for sale.

That's at an EB-Games, Canada's gamestop.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have giant hands and have never really had an issue with the PS3 controller except when my hands get sweaty from playing too much.

Go figure.

rVPQlld.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im 6'4 and have big hands myself, my only gripe with the PS3 controller is that its not the Xbox controller,...see how that works?

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
The XBox 360(and the small/2nd gen XBOX controller) are easily the best console controllers ever made. The Sony Dual-Shock controllers feel like they are cheaper or made for kids or something, but they've just never been as comfortable as the 360 controller. I hope they made some small improvements(if even possible) but I hope they didn't change too much. The feel of the 360 controller is perfect.
You can always tell when someone doesn't play fighting games at all when the topic of controllers comes up. Xbox 360 pads are almost universally regarded by the fighting game community to be some of the worst pads in the history of gaming. The d-pad on the stock units are pretty much non-functional for anything precise. PS3 pads were a step down from PS1/2 as well.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
You can always tell when someone doesn't play fighting games at all when the topic of controllers comes up. Xbox 360 pads are almost universally regarded by the fighting game community to be some of the worst pads in the history of gaming. The d-pad on the stock units are pretty much non-functional for anything precise. PS3 pads were a step down from PS1/2 as well.
How is this relevant to anything? Fighting game players get arcade sticks if they're serious about it.

Alexzander

That's generally true of course, but still the FGC got a huge influx of new players this console generation thanks to SF4. Many of them didn't get why they were jumping half the time when throwing fireballs and such. He'll, I'm very experienced on both pad and stick and the PS3 pad is basically unusable for me with fighting games, 360 is even worse.

There is really no excuse for such a poorly designed d-pad, especially at the $40-50 price point.

Edit: I guess you guys don't really follow the scene, but there are high level players that use pad, especially in the anime/Tekken communities. Most of them have to use PS1/2 pads with converters.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Lol people that play fighting games make up fuck all of the console community. How often you see third party controllers shaped like PS ones? Barely ever, coz they suck.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I love the 360 controller. When I moved to the PS3 the only issues I have:

1. The dual sticks float and aren't consistent in their give as they move
2. Games are hit or miss in their use of the large trigger to fire for whatever reason.
3. Bit light feeling could use more heft

Otherwise its perfectly fine for me. If they tighten up with PS4 sticks like everyone that has had hands on says its excellent then it will be just fine.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
That's generally true of course, but still the FGC got a huge influx of new players this console generation thanks to SF4. Many of them didn't get why they were jumping half the time when throwing fireballs and such. He'll, I'm very experienced on both pad and stick and the PS3 pad is basically unusable for me with fighting games, 360 is even worse.

There is really no excuse for such a poorly designed d-pad, especially at the $40-50 price point.

Edit: I guess you guys don't really follow the scene, but there are high level players that use pad, especially in the anime/Tekken communities. Most of them have to use PS1/2 pads with converters.
You're definitely right that the 360 d-pad is complete trash and it did affect some games outside of fighters. That said, it's a small factor for me since I would never want to play a fighter on a d-pad anyway (why would you when the badass tournament sticks are available). Also, they supposedly "fixed" the d-pad issues with the latest incarnation anyway right? Never used it so I'm not sure how well it turned out.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Xbone's total console release has dropped from 7 million units down to 6.2 million, due to production problems. Roughly a 12% cut in shipments.

http://bgr.com/2013/08/27/xbox-one-r...shipments-cut/
It took Microsoft a year to ship 5 million 360s (http://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2006/07/7321/); 6.2 million units for launch would be impressive. If anything, I'd say 6.2 million is too many units. I can't see Microsoft (or Sony, for that matter) shifting 6.2 million units before Xmas.

Edit - Oh wait, the source is digitimes, and their source is a random Chinese source. This story is bullshit.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
A poster on another forum is frothing at the mouth over the Xbone's "features". He keeps shouting that the Xbone can do everything the PS4 can do, PLUS some! Who gives a shit about features anyway?

So yeah, how do you respond to that? I told him that his fanboi system isn't as powerful/fast, and he keeps saying "All the Xbox one release games run at 1080p, but PS4's only run at 720p! FAIL!"

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think most games on both platforms are being released at 720 upscaled to 1080p. These arguments are kinda moot since both systems are new and have the same guts for the most part.

Alexzander

The problem is, anyone that could look at all the evidence we have on the two consoles and think that buying an xboned is a good idea is a knuckle-dragging idiot. Best not to argue with him; he might throw poop at you.