The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Sean_sl

shitlord
Not to mention the frame rates.

'On 64-player Conquest mode variants of maps such as Lancang Dam or Flood Zone, we get between 40-60fps while in the thick of the action.'

So they couldn't even manage 60 frames locked, despite running at 900p? I wonder how bad the Xbox One performance is.

I don't think either console comes out of the comparison looking good.
The Xbone holds up fairly well in Single Player in the Frame Rate video. No one was able to get any Xbone MP Capture though, so who knows there.

Both titles (major capture problems aside), look fairly good for cross-gen launch titles that they haven't had much time with.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Even watching those videos it's hard to tell a difference and it'll be even harder to tell when you're actually playing.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Even watching those videos it's hard to tell a difference and it'll be even harder to tell when you're actually playing.
There's pretty obvious aliasing differences that will show up even more on a clear TV and aren't on a compressed youtube video. Pretty much all the commentary mentions it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They both look pretty good to me and look shitty next to the PC version. The average consumer won't notice a difference, but us try-hards will clearly see the PS4 version > Xboner

Sean_sl

shitlord
Assassin's Creed 4 videos should be up in the morning, possibly even in a couple hours.

Hopefully there's no retarded as fuck video capture problems like there is rampantly for BF4.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Btw, anyone have a guess as to how much bandwidth you'll need to stream PS4 games to twitch/ustream? I think I might try it to see how it works out when the PS4 releases, but I'm on DSL and only have a 0.892 Mbps upload.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really glad about my decision to purchase a ps4 at this point over the xbone, upscaled image blurriness really bother me for some reason worse than something like, say, aliased edges(even if AA is pretty standard now with low performance drop), I do a lot of gaming on a projector screen, and yes, you don't need to be blind to see the differences on a 100" screen, 12 foot away with 20/15 vision. Seems like I'll be much more likely to get true 1080 games... I'm not loyal to either brand, I didn't buy a ps3 until last year and my launch edition 360 never rrod'ed, pretty much every multiplatform game i bought on 360, but the xbros seem particularly pathetic sounding when they try to defend the xbone

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Btw, anyone have a guess as to how much bandwidth you'll need to stream PS4 games to twitch/ustream? I think I might try it to see how it works out when the PS4 releases, but I'm on DSL and only have a 0.892 Mbps upload.
If its anything like the bandwidth requirements for Skype, you should be fine for a "decent" quality live-stream, 480p should be no problem, but that's just my educated guess. I'm sure someone else can chime in with a more specific answer.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Lamesauce. I wish I could get a better upload rate (it's super gay for keeping a torrent ratio), but my only other internet option is Comcast and Fuck Comcast.

IGN's video isn't such mess and their Xbone colors aren't fucked, but their player quality and compression is still pretty much shit per usual:Battlefield 4: Xbox One/PS4 Graphics Comparison - IGN Video

from Polygon: Unfortunately, at this time, we can't provide final verdicts for either the Xbox One or PS4 versions of the game.Microsoft has specified that review scores must be held until Nov. 12th at 9:00AM PST, and we were not given the opportunity to play the Xbox One version's multiplayer component.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
According to livestream.com and googling your question 700kbps is the requirement to stream anything in ok "quality", up to 2 Mbps required to achieve a 720 stream.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Btw, somehow IGN got Xbone multiplayer capture in their video. Don't think anyone else did.

(And it's super jaggy)

Thanks for the info Antarius - I guess I'll try it anyways when the PS4 comes out, hopefully it won't be pure shit on my connection.

Coren_sl

shitlord
From some better quality captures:

itkwhI9sz0yRH.gif

ib0gOrDzD8ScKG.gif

Quaid

Trump's Staff
AGGGGGGH IT'S SHARP IN MY EYE BONES

Seriously though... That's a joke right? We're getting punked? It's not THAT drastic... Is it?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
God, this generation is so underwhelming. I was really expecting so much more given how old and shitty the last gen has becomes, but all they've managed to do is sort of catch up to 2011-ish era PC graphics. I guess maybe after a year or two of development it might start getting better, but it's just to mehhhhh right now.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
God, this generation is so underwhelming. I was really expecting so much more given how old and shitty the last gen has becomes, but all they've managed to do is sort of catch up to 2011-ish era PC graphics. I guess maybe after a year or two of development it might start getting better, but it's just to mehhhhh right now.
I want CD Project RED to release PC, PS4 and Xbox One Witcher 3 comparisons.

I'd believe whatever I saw from them. Also, they are probably miles ahead of the "generic shooters" when it comes to graphical fidelity. And 2011 PC graphics seems accurate with consoles having fixed components, the internal workings of the PS4 and Xbox one are around 2011 aren't they? A late 2013 launch does not mean they include late 2013 components, but rather components from when the final build was sent to mass production.

I'm running a medium spec 3 year old laptop though, so the next gen consoles will be an upgrade for me, especially in terms of framerates, but I will probably get a new PC before I get a new console.