The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Yep, they sent out B1G1 if you had 1 game preordered and a free game code if you have 2 preordered. Really it's almost the same as waiting for the promo, except it doesn't seem like anything would prevent you from using the code and canceling your previous preorders for a free game
I tried to do just that, but when I went to the screen to cancel KZ, it said that the order is associated with a discount code and if I cancel the order, I'll lose the discount.

edit: oops, just realized that this had already been posted.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Good thing I cancelled my preorder of BF4 on amazon this morning because they hadn't matched target yet.. oh wait that was a bad thing.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Just got knack, KZ, and COD for Ps4 at Target. It was all they had. No xbone games in stock at all and the ps4 games were in the back.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
I got Knack, Killzone, and Assassin Creed on amazon. I never got the email with the code, but I talked to cs, and they gave me the buy one get one code.

I did not preorder any games until I found out about the promo today; so those that didn't get an email, try contacting their customer support.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I tried to do just that, but when I went to the screen to cancel KZ, it said that the order is associated with a discount code and if I cancel the order, I'll lose the discount.

edit: oops, just realized that this had already been posted.
Did you order KZ with the bogo code? Or was that what you had ordered before you got the code?

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Did you order KZ with the bogo code? Or was that what you had ordered before you got the code?
Yeah, KZ was my pre-order, then I got the code. I didn't go through with the cancellation after seeing the warning.

Honestly, KZ is the only game that appeals to me at this point, so I don't have a use for the B1G1 code. Maybe I'll do the math to see if it's worth ebaying the games for $50 or so. I feel like an opportunity like this should be taken advantage of.
wink.png

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, KZ was my pre-order, then I got the code. I didn't go through with the cancellation after seeing the warning.

Honestly, KZ is the only game that appeals to me at this point, so I don't have a use for the B1G1 code. Maybe I'll do the math to see if it's worth ebaying the games for $50 or so. I feel like an opportunity like this should be taken advantage of.
wink.png
Huh, there were plenty of people reporting that wasn't the case. Take noodleface for example, he cancelled his preorder and got the code. Maybe once you use the code it ties it to the original preorder? I dunno man.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I guess I can try it and just return the second game if they end up charging me for it...

edit: cancelled the KZ pre-order, then ordered KZ and AC4 -- and the order confirmation shows $64 for both. Interesting.

The original email said I qualified for it because I pre-ordered a PS4 game, and I have Destiny pre-ordered as well.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Well I drove around town and found real ps4s and xbones to play for myself, what a fucking waste of time. They could have told me next gen was a hoax and all the games were running on hidden xbox360s and i wouldn't have been surprised in the least. The graphics are abarelynoticeable improvement over 360/ps3, but only if you'rereallylooking for it and not trying to play the game at all. The ps4 controller is still shit compared to the 360s and the xbone is just a 360 controller with vibrating triggers I'd disable and forget about after 15 mins of play. What the fuck is with the 2 min load times on these turds? both systems were running 100% off their internal hard drives, what the motherfucking fuck? They weren't shitty little kiosks either, the ps4 at fry's was hooked to a nice expensive 55 inch hdtv with a crisp and even backlight and no fucking lcd display artifacts, the graphics are just shrug-worthy.

Also, all you fucks that pre-ordered Knack without playing it...hahaha. Worst platform game i've played in years, graphics and gameplay are shit. If it cost $1.99 on the playstation3 store I would have felt raped out of the $1.99.

After how worked up about this "next gen" shit I was, i'm really pissed off now. I guess the xbox one voice control for netflix and hulu plus was cool...I'd totally be willing to pay...about $75-$80 for that =P.There weren't any lines to play the fucking things either, only two people even looked at the ps4 while I was playing it. One guy said "Is that really the ps4?" I answered "yeah". He said "oh =/" shrugged and walked away. I tried handing the controller to the other guy that walked up and he just said "nah" and walked off. >
tongue.png

How many of you have actually played these fucking things? If you wanna see for yourself in the austin area you can play the ps4 at Fry's on north mopac. The xbone is at the microsoft store in The Domain. Prepare for fucking disappointment.
I never really expected anything ground breaking but when new consoles come out you have to pick a side and move on. If you have a strong enough PC gaming life you can hold out until a price drop but you're saving probably $50 at most.

My XBox was on its last leg, I never really liked the controllers except for FPS's which was the only reason I went XBOX (Halo/CoD) but XBox doesn't have those games to save them this time. I like sports games and fighting games and everything else is PC. I hope no one is expecting the second coming from these systems. As I said in an earlier post, the idea of an All-in-One is pretty irrelevant at this time. Every TV, Blu-Ray, Roku, AppleTV has pretty much everything. I can get to Netflix 100 different ways so I just want to play some games. I am holding some high hopes for Destiny in terms of some online action but meh.

In the end, i'll probably have more fun playing Mario Kart, Smash Bro's, and Mario Party with family and friends next spring on the WiiU than anything else...

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So... the Xbro on another forum made this post:
So I finally took a look at the PS4 specs and after seeing how they crammed their RAM, and GPU/CPU to a small section of the motherboard, with a very small heatsink, one small fan and having the power supply internally, all in a much smaller case than the X1... it's a bad recipe. Also, the reviews of their games are saying it suffers some frame drops, that sounds like a heating issue to me. After 6 months, that thing is going to melt.

So yeah, it's more powerful but it was poorly designed.
Here was my response:
You're flat out wrong.

Every dev out there that keeps their PS4 powered on and running 8+ hours per day have said there have been ZERO issues at all related to heat. There have been no reports of any type except from that one guy that was butthurt that he wasn't given a retail model to test out, so he invented an overheating issue.

Also, it was not "poorly designed". It's a 3 year and counting design. It's the Xbox One, that was rushed out the gate to compete with the "oh shit, it's ready now?" PS4 that's poorly designed.
I don't understand how people can imagine something is one way when every fact is stating something else.
Wait, I can. Religion is still a thing.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Got my Amazon code .. was able to cancel my AC4 order & reorder using the code so now I'm getting BF4 & NFS + AC4 for free
Man, I never ended up getting a code and I had AC4 CE pre-ordered forever. I bet it's cause it's the CE and not the fucking standard edition.

Oh well. I'll just do the B2G1F shit on Tuesday morning.