The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Just got shipping confirmation on mine. Glad I put a few extra dollars into my Amazon-Slush fund, apparently they decided to charge me sales tax for the PS4 even though Ive had it pre-ordered since before Georgia started forcing Amazon to collect sales tax.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just got shipping confirmation on mine. Glad I put a few extra dollars into my Amazon-Slush fund, apparently they decided to charge me sales tax for the PS4 even though Ive had it pre-ordered since before Georgia started forcing Amazon to collect sales tax.
Not sure GA laws, but here in MD it's been quoted that once Amazon builds the shipping center here they're working on that we'll be paying sales tax starting from SHIPPING dates not order dates in the article announcing it. And that reminds me, I need to double check if they've got any HR positions available for it...

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 3.5 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 1 million
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 10 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 3 million

Predicting utter fail this gen for xbone, decided to make my guesses more 1-sided than anyone else

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Fuck all yall who have shipping conformation already. Im sitting here at work refreshing my account. Ship you magnificent wobbly bastard! Ship!

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Not sure GA laws, but here in MD it's been quoted that once Amazon builds the shipping center here they're working on that we'll be paying sales tax starting from SHIPPING dates not order dates in the article announcing it. And that reminds me, I need to double check if they've got any HR positions available for it...
The GA law is just stupid. A Fulfillment Warehouse was built near Chattanooga, Tennessee and Amazon has no plans to build a warehouse in Georgia. B&M retailers whined and the state wasnt happy they werent getting their cut so they rewrote the law to, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "expand the definition of a physical presence in the state". Im not sure how a company that has no actual property in a state can be defined as having a physical presence, but whatever, it's goddamn Georgia. I had been misinformed apparently that orders made prior to the tax collection date were still to be tax free. Oh well, still worth 20 bucks to not have to go to Gamestop Friday and fight the herds I guess.

Lorren_sl

shitlord
All my Amazon orders are still at not yet shipped ... The PS4 , BF4, AC4, & NFS:R.
frown.png

NFS:R was pushed back to Dec 23 on my order but Amazon e-mailed me today to let me know that my delivery date on it has moved up to Nov 21.

All of the above shipping to Dayton, Ohio BTW.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Dayton has a big amazon hub there I'm pretty sure, so like with me, yours will ship late tonight or sometime tomorrow to arrive by Friday.

My order is still in the same status, don't sweat it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
looks like everyone here is going ps4 why is that?
Everyone in this thread be like "Yo get that F250, it got mad torque yo."

And some of us like "But Honday Odyssey got like 32 cup holders and a built-in vacuum!"

And then they like "Man you stupid, how you gonna move your lawn mower around?"

And then we like "Uh, I got a guy to mow my lawn."

The Master

Bronze Squire
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 3 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 1.1 million
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 8.2 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 5.3 million

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Everyone in this thread be like "Yo get that F250, it got mad torque yo."

And some of us like "But Honday Odyssey got like 32 cup holders and a built-in vacuum!"

And then they like "Man you stupid, how you gonna move your lawn mower around?"

And then we like "Uh, I got a guy to mow my lawn."
Don't worry. In 9 days we can all laugh at you when you drive by in your Odyssey.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Anyways, DICE:DICE: PS4 and Mantle will drive Frostbite design and optimisation going forward - NeoGAF

Update:

Transcript of repi's comments + the slide in question:

We do have to build and continue to maintain our OpenGL and DirectX rendering path but we really try to avoid limiting ourselves to what we can do in those APIs. So I think going forward, the main things to drive the design we have in Frostbite and the type of optimisations we will do, will be what we can do with Mantle, and also what we can do with PS4. PS4 also has its own graphics API that's really quite programmable and really a lot of good control and performance from it, so we can share concepts, methods and various types of hardware level optimisations between those and see where we end up with that, which is quite exciting.
NefUH1b.png

Original:

Just mentioned on stage as part of repi's APU13 presentation.

I didn't get the slide grab, but basically he said that PS4's library and Mantle are quite similar, and PS4 offers great performance, so they'll be driving forward Frostbite's design and optimisation based on these. He said that Mantle and PS4's library are a lot more similar than Mantle and DX11.
thumb900_phpxjjx8fp1010528.jpg

nate_sl

shitlord
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 5.65 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 4.45 million
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 9.25 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 7.75million

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 4.23 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 2.89 million
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 8.9 million