The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Xbox price goes down, while in Canada the PS4 goes up by $50
frown.png

PlayStation 4 price going up by $50 in Canada | Financial Post
This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

Though it is funny for the cannucks that were waiting for a price drop before buying
Kinda fucking blows.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
well to be fair our (CDN) Dollar just shit the bed (ie went back to normal) so the cost of doing business in Canada just went up 10%.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
well to be fair our (CDN) Dollar just shit the bed (ie went back to normal) so the cost of doing business in Canada just went up 10%.
It's still fucking bullshit, because prices don't magically start dropping across the board the second the dollar goes up.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
oh i agree, Prices are very sticky when our dollar goes up, but when it goes down companies are lubbed and ready to jack prices.

This most recent change in the exchange rate is a huge pain in the ass as i heard the feds had planned to do something about the disproportinate price on literature, which always pissed me off when our dollar was Par. I guess that is done now.

Kaita

Golden Squire
Cowboom had used 160 gb ps3 for $100 yesterday. Just watch their site, they put them on sale like that every once in awhile.
It might be a different sale, but currently have the a 250gb for $119, although it looks like the systems have significant scratches/scuffs and only come with the system and power cord, no controller.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
oh i agree, Prices are very sticky when our dollar goes up, but when it goes down companies are lubbed and ready to jack prices.

This most recent change in the exchange rate is a huge pain in the ass as i heard the feds had planned to do something about the disproportinate price on literature, which always pissed me off when our dollar was Par. I guess that is done now.
It's a huge pet peeve of mine right now, because I'm dealing with a ton of suppliers and wholesales all crying the blues to me about how prices are going up because of the drop in the loonie, yet I don't recall having received a string of discounts back when the loonie shot up from 65 cents to par in 2-3 years.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
250 devs now part of[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */, a bunch of games coming soon, some detailed here -http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/games-id-xbox-games-first-look

Column_sl

shitlord
Be interesting to see what the guys say about it tomorrow since they have also tested the latest build of the Rift.
Not really diggin the early protoype design.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Apparently the design helps reduce the amount of force on your face. The biggest question will likely be if the solved the motion sickness problem. We will know tomorrow, but I'm betting Sony can match what the rift did.

Column_sl

shitlord
From a current Rift owner
Force on your face was never a problem with the original rift....

You want the headset tight trust me. Only thing people complained about was they didn't pad the nose area.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely interested to read what people are saying over the next few days. Wouldn't mind hearing what the expected price will be either.

Column_sl

shitlord
Which dev kit are they comparing it too is the real question. If it is Devkit 1 then lulz.
I'll wait for the Kotaku guys to test it, and see what their impressions are of Morpheus since they tested the latest build of the Oculus.

Having a nice display is a very small problem of virtual reality headsets, and to claim they have more experience in VR then the Oculus team is not only a lie, but is not even substantiated by there own press statement.

Yoshida directly referenced the Oculus Rift in his presentation, saying "I have an enormous amount of respect for them, and we were inspired and encouraged by the enthusiastic reactions of developers and journalists who tried [the Oculus Rift]"
O wait Sean posted that, let the mis information, and shilling continue..