The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
Just finished Shadows of Mordor. Need a new ps4 game! Sleeping dogs or AC4 Black flag?
both are really good games, i'd say which movie do you like more: Pirates of the Caribbean (AC4) or Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon (Sleeping Dogs)

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Alright, well I began a 14 day trial of PS+ yesterday. I'm assuming when that lapses, if I re-sub (within October?) I'll have access to them again? But if I wait til November, I won't?
As long as you have them flagged for download, you will always have access to them no matter when you resub.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alright, well I began a 14 day trial of PS+ yesterday. I'm assuming when that lapses, if I re-sub (within October?) I'll have access to them again? But if I wait til November, I won't?
Go into the store on your computer and "purchase" the free games. You will then be able to download whenever, as long as you are a PS+ member.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Ok cool. I "purchased" them when the person somewhere above linked the website version of the free games, and I was fishing around on there. Thanks guys.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
both are really good games, i'd say which movie do you like more: Pirates of the Caribbean (AC4) or Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon (Sleeping Dogs)
Thanks! I went with the pirate theme
smile.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks! I went with the pirate theme
smile.png
AC4 is probably better, especially value-wise right now, but I'd definitely recommend Sleeping Dogs when it comes down in price. (It might even be worth full for a first player - it'll be my second time through, so I'm not paying full price though)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So the PS+ version of Drive Club is still not out while they are still trying to get the paid version working properly. It's hilarious to think that this was supposed to be a full game at launch last year.

spronk

FPS noob
gonna be interesting to see Xbox AC5 bundle vs PS4 GTA5 console bundle sales and who wins. Whats really weird is that Microsoft is going to offer a white Halo Masterchief xbox one bundle in South America, but NOT in USA or Europe

ps4whitehwgtav3dgwpegi-1413465643.jpg

asocirev_sl

shitlord
XB1 October Update is out

Breakdown of the big features:
- New Snap and Friends functions
- Snap Updates
- Friends, Messages, Game DVR, clock, and battery indicator- Additionally, two apps have been optimized for Snap mode:Friends Snap App? Access your friends list without leaving the game. Quickly check your friends list to see who?s online right now and take actions like send message, invite or join.Messages Snap App? You?ll be able to open, read and respond to messages in Snap mode, and messages will now be displayed in a threaded conversation view.
- Friends section:You can stay up-to-date with their current activities, the most popular games your friends are playing, and a Gamerscore leaderboard to see who has improved their Gamerscore over the last 30 days.
- New SmartGlass features:You can now see a list of your top games in your profile. You can also see a list of your friend?s most popular games in the Friend?s section of SmartGlass.
- Media Player DLNA and MKV support:The latest version of the Media Player app will now have support for DLNA streaming. With this update, you will be able to easily access and play music, watch photo slideshows or movies stored on home media servers and devices that support the DLNA server protocols. Additionally, you will now be able to playback MKV files stored on a USB device or a device on your home network that supports DLNA streaming.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
AC4 is probably better, especially value-wise right now, but I'd definitely recommend Sleeping Dogs when it comes down in price. (It might even be worth full for a first player - it'll be my second time through, so I'm not paying full price though)
Seems OK so far. The combat in AC4 feels like crawling compared to Shadows of Mordor. Still like the theme though.

spronk

FPS noob
npd software and hardware sales for sept are out
Destiny, PS4 lead sales boost for US games biz in Sept - NPD | GamesIndustry.biz
September 2014 NPD: PS4 outsells Xbox One despite Microsoft giving away a free game with its new console | GamesBeat | Games | by Jeff Grubb

destiny gets the top spot, super smash bros did insanely good only being on sale 2 days in sept, shadows of mordor seems to be the sneak surprise (and deservedly so).

No actual hardware numbers yet but PS4 outsold xbox one apparently, and PS+ subs went up 90% (and the system is down today...)

1413494016360eknl.jpg

edit: psn just came back up

Szlia

Destiny on Xbox One outselling the PS4 version is a bit of a surprise when you consider all the advertisement was tied to Sony.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Szlia

I think Xbone actually outsold PS4 world wide last month. Not 100% on that, but Sony made a comment that the PS4 sold more units in the US on twitter, ignoring world stats.
The only way this could have happened is if the chinese launch of Xbox One (a territory not covered by the PS4) had been a giganormous success. Since they did not even sold 100k units there, it is totally impossible. Sony not mentioning world wide numbers is just because at some point you have to be a gracious winner (outside the US it's 25% XB1, 75% PS4).

Nester

Vyemm Raider
PlayStation Plus subscribers will be especially pleased with this addition: as of the 2.00 update, you'll no longer have to download a free game of the month in order to add it to your Instant Game Collection. Instead, just hit a button to add it to your library and download it at any time for free

Interesting.