The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Kaita

Golden Squire
Destiny on Xbox One outselling the PS4 version is a bit of a surprise when you consider all the advertisement was tied to Sony.
The destiny bundle is not factored into the game sales. Sony said Destiny was biggest on ps4. im guessing when you include the bundles

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
gonna be interesting to see Xbox AC5 bundle vs PS4 GTA5 console bundle sales and who wins. Whats really weird is that Microsoft is going to offer a white Halo Masterchief xbox one bundle in South America, but NOT in USA or Europe

ps4whitehwgtav3dgwpegi-1413465643.jpg
Wish I would have waited and got that bundle instead of the Destiny one.
frown.png

Szlia

We both know it's made by Bungie and that Bungie made Halo, but I wonder what percentage of people who bought the game also know that. I suspect 'online FPS' being more in tune with the taste of the Xbox brand consumers has a bigger impact than the 'Bungie fan club' factor.

spronk

FPS noob
the numbers were extremely close and when you include the ps4 bundle the ps4 version outsold xbox one, however it sold better on 360 than ps3 pushing the total microsoft numbers up. here are the numbers from a neogaf poster

Destiny without bundle:
xbox one 35%
ps4 32%
360 23%
ps3 10%

Total: > 2.5M

PS4 bundle 300k

also saw this dunno if they match up

ps4 - 1191k
xb1 - 945k
360 - 621k
ps3 - 243k

Coren_sl

shitlord
Destiny on Xbox One outselling the PS4 version is a bit of a surprise when you consider all the advertisement was tied to Sony.
Funny thing about that. Microsoft had a "Buy an Xbox One, get a free game" promotion that week, including Destiny. All copies of Destiny given away during that promotion counted as sales.

Meanwhile, the PS4 Destiny bundles didn't count as software sales of Destiny. So, that kinda skews that number a bit.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This hasn't been posted anywhere on here that I've seen but if you get the Master Chief collection that is due out next month and buy the physical copy you can expect a Day 1 content download of 20GB's. They apparently were two cheap to pack the game with two discs. You can still play the campaign while it downloads but no MP till the content download finishes I believe.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Love my ps4 but I will say one thing their store and the network in general has far more hiccups than live does.

Edit

Just to clarify the issue isn't playing games it's more their store

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thinking about getting it but not sure.
Yea, making a similar debate here - only a little bit interested in any games right now (SO looks decent enough to screw with occasionally, but nothing too serious) - but figure it'll be a good value soon enough. (Especially if I "cash in" the old PS3)