The Body Shop: Repairs for the Self

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I had to do this again last night, and I realized I've never seen anyone else talk about it.
The bumps on your tongue that randomly turn white and hurt for a few days, also changing the taste of some foods. The bumps are actually called foliate papillae, and they contain your taste buds.

I really dislike when they start to hurt. It always annoys me, so a year or two ago, I created a "quick fix". I have these angle tweezers with a sharp edge that have never been used, but they sit in my medicine cabinet just because they came with something else.
Turns out, they're perfect for a quick amputation of a "dead" taste bud. It takes a minute or two to line it up properly, then squeeze it off of my tongue. It will have a minor amount of blood (drop or two) for the next few minutes, but then it's done. And your tongue feels perfect once more. And god damn does this work well. Now I don't worry about taste bud pain any longer. Oh they also grow back after 5 weeks, so you'll never miss an amputated one.

This is a fantastic fix, and I'm glad that I initially tried it when one of those was exceptionally pained for more than a few days.

Has anyone else tried a self-fix like this that worked for them?

• 3WTF
  • 1Picard
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Not Doing That Hugh Laurie GIF by PeacockTV

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I know this is a wild idea, but have you considered consulting a medical professional?

This is not normal.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
May be strange, but damnit, it works well. And there are zero side effects. It's like pulling out an in-grown hair. The hair will grow again, much like your taste bud will also grow again.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Well now after 3m of Googling, I know what Black Hairy Tongue is.

Thanks, I hate it.

• 3Worf

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
May be strange, but damnit, it works well. And there are zero side effects. It's like pulling out an in-grown hair. The hair will grow again, much like your taste bud will also grow again.

My intention was not to imply that your solution was bad, but to say that this happening to you on a regular enough basis to need that solution is abnormal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So I had to do this again last night, and I realized I've never seen anyone else talk about it.
The bumps on your tongue that randomly turn white and hurt for a few days, also changing the taste of some foods. The bumps are actually called foliate papillae, and they contain your taste buds.

I really dislike when they start to hurt. It always annoys me, so a year or two ago, I created a "quick fix". I have these angle tweezers with a sharp edge that have never been used, but they sit in my medicine cabinet just because they came with something else.
Turns out, they're perfect for a quick amputation of a "dead" taste bud. It takes a minute or two to line it up properly, then squeeze it off of my tongue. It will have a minor amount of blood (drop or two) for the next few minutes, but then it's done. And your tongue feels perfect once more. And god damn does this work well. Now I don't worry about taste bud pain any longer. Oh they also grow back after 5 weeks, so you'll never miss an amputated one.

This is a fantastic fix, and I'm glad that I initially tried it when one of those was exceptionally pained for more than a few days.

regular foh bro

lemme get some soldering done
0ab386bd6fc915081327fc74c81d6ac7.png

Xarpolis Xarpolis , my tongue tingles

how about try using an ear endoscope?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

You're a fucking weird dude.

Stop being weird.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My intention was not to imply that your solution was bad, but to say that this happening to you on a regular enough basis to need that solution is abnormal.
In 2 years, I've done it like 3 times total. So yeah, it's not much, but because I just got done doing it, I made a post about it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I never have had a black tastebud. It's that bump that just turns white, though. And it hurts. A quick removal and problem solved. And it grows back very fast, so it's a big old nothing burger.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I never have had a black tastebud. It's that bump that just turns white, though. And it hurts. A quick removal and problem solved. And it grows back very fast, so it's a big old nothing burger.
Let the pizza cool before you eat it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've actually never had a hot pocket. And while I'm fatter than I was, I don't do microwave food. I usually make it myself. Though I don't ever make vegetables... My wife wishes I would, so she makes plenty.

And in Japan, they call me nekojita, which means cat tongue. Google says "being incapable of drinking or eating anything hot (high temperature) due to having an overly sensitive tongue."
I don't like things that are hot. I typically go for slightly warm or room temperature.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I get those annoying "tongue sores" fairly regularly, usually on the sides of the tongue (so not taste buds). They're white and pinch a bit and usually go away after a few days.

I figure they're either from biting my tongue in my sleep, or they're some form of herp or HPV or whatever that I picked up at some point during all of the muff-diving I used to do with various sloots back in my 20's and early 30's. Either way they're not something I've ever really paid much attention to or worried about.

Got a question for the room, if anyone knows a good way to get rid of or at least alleviate herniated disc pain in the mid-thoracic (right between the shoulder-blades) lemme know. At this point I'll take the doctor from Dark Knight Rises punching my spine as hard as he can. Neck isn't good either. Some kind of traction would probably help a ton, but it'd have to be specific. Inversion tables are big and bulky and mainly target the lumbar I think. Afraid of those pump-up neck braces that seem like a good way to choke yourself unconscious before you realize it's happening.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I have these angle tweezers with a sharp edge that have never been used
Are you talking about cuticle trimmers to cut stuff off? Wtf dude

Here’s my “fix”:
Whenever I rub my face and feel a sore spot, as if I’m developing a blemish. I use tweezers to yoink a few hairs that lead into that spot. The hairs typically come out with some milky goo on the base which I assume is a white head in the making. The hairs grow back obviously but I haven’t had a zit on my face in decades.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Are you talking about cuticle trimmers to cut stuff off? Wtf dude
I just did a Google search. Holy shit, that's exactly what it is! I have my own medicine cabinet, so these have next began used for what they're intended for. But they work well for the rare times that I use them.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I get those annoying "tongue sores" fairly regularly, usually on the sides of the tongue (so not taste buds). They're white and pinch a bit and usually go away after a few days.

I figure they're either from biting my tongue in my sleep, or they're some form of herp or HPV or whatever that I picked up at some point during all of the muff-diving I used to do with various sloots back in my 20's and early 30's. Either way they're not something I've ever really paid much attention to or worried about.

Got a question for the room, if anyone knows a good way to get rid of or at least alleviate herniated disc pain in the mid-thoracic (right between the shoulder-blades) lemme know. At this point I'll take the doctor from Dark Knight Rises punching my spine as hard as he can. Neck isn't good either. Some kind of traction would probably help a ton, but it'd have to be specific. Inversion tables are big and bulky and mainly target the lumbar I think. Afraid of those pump-up neck braces that seem like a good way to choke yourself unconscious before you realize it's happening.

I think you'll find a heating pad works wonders. When you sit down for the evening to read or watch tv or whatever, spend an hour with the heating pad on the spot with the bulging discs. Never ice, always heat. It will make a great deal of difference after a couple days.