The Boys

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't buy edgar being the head popper. i think his character works best as just a lex luthor type regular human. and again, if this were vought trying to stop the court case, neuman should have gotten popped as well.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Here are the rankings for this past week according to Nielsen, where they measure by minutes watched:

1. Cobra Kai (Netflix), 2.17 billion minutes viewed
2. Lucifer (Netflix), 1.42 billion
3. The Boys (Amazon), 891 million
4. The Office (Netflix), 843 million
5. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 675 million
6. Shameless (Netflix), 639 million
7. Away (Netflix), 631 million
8 . Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 616 million
9 . The Legend of Korra (Netflix), 541 million
10. Mulan (Disney+), 525 million

More impressive since people are probably binging 2 seasons of Cobra Kai and Lucifer while The Boys is mostly just the one episode a week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Remotely? *shrug* The hearing was on C-SPAN... But who knows who could've gotten a hold of video footage of Raynor, as it was actually happening.

Physically, only the Boys (minus Butcher) were there when Raynor's head asploded.

That's why I say that it has to be someone at Vought, or more precisely, Sage Grove.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like the shockwave getting popped it has to be someone from the church of the collective

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Here are the rankings for this past week according to Nielsen, where they measure by minutes watched:

1. Cobra Kai (Netflix), 2.17 billion minutes viewed
2. Lucifer (Netflix), 1.42 billion
3. The Boys (Amazon), 891 million
4. The Office (Netflix), 843 million
5. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 675 million
6. Shameless (Netflix), 639 million
7. Away (Netflix), 631 million
8 . Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 616 million
9 . The Legend of Korra (Netflix), 541 million
10. Mulan (Disney+), 525 million
One of these things is not like the others. One costs $30 to watch. Of course those minutes count rewatches but still...

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
We know Stormfront had some sort of connection to the Collective in the past, and disagrees with the course they took. It's possible she and the Collective leader are connected somehow. He could have been one of the early V subjects

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I figured out who the head popper is.

michael-ironside-scanners.jpg

• 1Like

Cybsled

More impressive since people are probably binging 2 seasons of Cobra Kai and Lucifer while The Boys is mostly just the one episode a week.

Good point. Lucifer has a lot of back seasons, but the fact it is pulling in massive numbers definitely helps to explain why Netflix kept upping the episode orders.

Boys and Cobra Kai both have 2 seasons each, so they are a more direct comparison. Although aren't the Cobra Kai episodes only around 30ish minutes? At 10 episodes for Kai, that technically makes a season runtime less than The Boys at 8 episodes per season. If so, that makes their numbers very impressive.

The Boys is nothing to sneeze at "ratings" wise, though, considering how much Netflix is dominating that chart.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
i don't buy edgar being the head popper. i think his character works best as just a lex luthor type regular human. and again, if this were vought trying to stop the court case, neuman should have gotten popped as well.
I don't really buy edgar as the head popper either, but I think he's the most logical conclusion as a suspect with what the show has fed us. He has access to the V, the deaths all line up with his motives and leave enough gaps that he's not hugely implicated. That said, it's definitely a shoe string connection at best. In a way the head popper reminds me of death note. Him taking up a position as CEO and being at the nexus of everything is very counter to how one with his power would act.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I buy Edgar as the Devil. I mean, hell, they had Sympathy For The Devil playing while he was onscreen. I don't buy him as the head popper, or anyone in the Church of the Collective. That shit's just like Scientology to me. Scientology hasn't done shit for anyone, except for maybe the first few courses. And there, it barely helped at all.

I dunno, it just seems to that it has to be Cindi, or someone Sage Grove. Cindi, or someone else that she helped to escape.

Cybsled

Cindy just squishes people. She’s just a red herring for whoever is doing the Scanners shit

j00t

Cindy just squishes people. She’s just a red herring for whoever is doing the Scanners shit
yeah, i agree. cindi hasn't demonstrated any kind of fine motor control with her powers. and she's also shown to have a lot more variation in her abilities. from what i remember we only see her explode one person, and it wasn't just his head, it was his entire body.

j00t

I buy Edgar as the Devil. I mean, hell, they had Sympathy For The Devil playing while he was onscreen. I don't buy him as the head popper.
yup. he's absolutely the most evil person we've seen on screen. he's the kind of devil that has ALL KINDS of ways of getting people to fall in line without having to do anything himself.

i'd buy him ORDERING the head popping, but he's not the one doing it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Is it just me or has this season been too “slow” for it to be on final episode? Just doesn’t seem like there’s been as much plot development.
the scene where stormfront and homelander have a pseudo Trump rally and call out “sjw’s” was beyond fucking cringe and felt out of place. Like who the fuck wrote that cringe?

I tend to be more of an SJW than a MAGA but I can't help but agree with this. Major cringe.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah, i agree. cindi hasn't demonstrated any kind of fine motor control with her powers. and she's also shown to have a lot more variation in her abilities. from what i remember we only see her explode one person, and it wasn't just his head, it was his entire body.
She exploded more than one person in that hospital. I agree that she is not the head popper. It is too obvious and as stated already she does not just pop heads, she goes Dr. Manhattan on them.

The thing I am curious about, was how blood came from the CIA agent's nose before her head popped and yet, people's heads in the hearing had no such warning. I will go with poor writing, because I doubt we get an explanation to that.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Well when they reveal who it is, it will either be genius or a total letdown, as I haven't heard any quality autist theorycrafting based off of subtle on screen hints. It's going to be something unoriginal like Edgar, some unfathomable twist like Huey spiked V and is popping heads without knowing it, or hopefully some very subtle thing we've all missed where we'll all go "ahhhh" (unlikely).

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait Wait Wait....I got it.

1601818965749.png

All this time its been Kimiko. Just look at that stare.

It will be interesting to see....