The Boys

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
But that would leave evidence of them being there.

How? Either he's able to grab onto the landing gear apparatus and water land the plane, or the whole thing disintegrates in the sky from the stress. If they pull off the former they're heroes, if it's the latter it just looks like the plane ripped apart.

Technically, as it went down on screen, when the bodies are recovered or parts of the cockpit, laser beam holes should raise some suspicions.

EDIT: lmao, or how about the black box recordings of the cockpit?? Obviously VOUGHT has enough influence to cover a lot of shit up.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
To put an end to the Homelander plane theorycrafting, he could have at least tried. Rip open the landing gear hatch and grab onto something and slow the descent for a soft water landing. I mean, it's not like things could have gone any *worse* by trying. Dude is just a lazy sociopath -- even him lazering the terrorist in the cockpit was lazy and dumb.
he was already in trouble for "burning" the first plane and was sloppy leaving evidence, he's gonna try to leave as little as possible. (even tho he laser eyed the cockpit)

also he made a good pt, he can't "hold up" a plane, theres no solid footing, only air.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Of course he could have "tried" which is what Queen Maeve was trying to get him to do, but he's a sociopath and just didn't care that much. I feel like that was a big point of the scene

Anyways,

Did Butcher basically just blow up a baby at the end there?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
he was already in trouble for "burning" the first plane and was sloppy leaving evidence, he's gonna try to leave as little as possible. (even tho he laser eyed the cockpit)

also he made a good pt, he can't "hold up" a plane, theres no solid footing, only air.

Again, if we wanna go that route there's a black box that recorded all their cockpit conversations.

And he doesn't need solid footing, he can fly and exert force upwards. It's just a matter whether that force, when concentrated over a small area (his hands) won't punch right through the frame. That's why we've discussed him grabbing onto the landing area, since it is designed to withstand force.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Of course he could have "tried" which is what Queen Maeve was trying to get him to do, but he's a sociopath and just didn't care that much. I feel like that was a big point of the scene

Anyways,

Yeah, exactly what I said. His reasoning was lazy and mostly BS. He didn't really give a shit because he's a sociopath.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Anyways,

and baby sitter

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Again, if we wanna go that route there's a black box that recorded all their cockpit conversations.

I believe The Deep referred to the black box when he was talking about the laser holes on the side of the plane, saying he hadnt been able to find it yet with the implicaiton being that he would keep looking.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

Anyways,

Maybe Homelander saved it?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
homelander hates that shitty baby, like an older brother pissed off that the baby is now taking time away from mommy
He was just jealous of the titty action that baby was getting. Maybe he got over it after getting some

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
I think the baby was a super as well (why wouldn't it be? all that stuff about loving mothers and shit) and that's one of the questions we are left with now. The end was a great hook, everything is thrown on it's head, the bad guy is still an asshole, and we have no idea where it's gonna go. Who is Vaught for instance? There are people at higher levels that we haven't even seen.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
homelander makes a point to say that if he tried to do anything to the plane, he'd just punch right through it. the reason he says this is because homelander is not a scalpel. he is a blunt instrument. he has no sense of care and even when he bones stillwell, she IMMEDIATELY says "careful!" when he puts his hands on her waist. one of the greatest scenes with superman is when he fights darkseid. he mentions that he has to be careful with EVERYTHING because it's like living in a world made of paper and if he breathes too hard, everything will come crashing down. homelander just doesn't have that sense. he doesn't care about collateral damage, which is one of the reasons why vought tends to only use homelander for PR speeches.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
He could have stopped the gunman from firing in the first place if he can save Butcher from an exploding vest 4 yards away. He's clearly quick enough. Kind of annoying from a purely technical powers point of view but correct from a "I can, but do I give a shit? No? F em." point of view.

j00t

question about general spoiler
were the crimes that the seven were stopping set up by vought? the crime itinerary came across like they were all set up? i mean, ashley (i think that's who said it) said to starlight that she had to stick to the itinerary in case she tried to stop the wrong bad guy, but never really went into it. so at first when deep and starlight were at the marina or wherever they were, it looked like it was all set up, maybe even with actors playing the criminals? but then homelander comes around to his crime scenes and lasers people in half and punches holes in dudes chests.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
question about general spoiler
were the crimes that the seven were stopping set up by vought? the crime itinerary came across like they were all set up? i mean, ashley (i think that's who said it) said to starlight that she had to stick to the itinerary in case she tried to stop the wrong bad guy, but never really went into it. so at first when deep and starlight were at the marina or wherever they were, it looked like it was all set up, maybe even with actors playing the criminals? but then homelander comes around to his crime scenes and lasers people in half and punches holes in dudes chests.

they explained it as analytics figuring out where crime was going to happen, and the employees related to it seemed genuine. Though, im sure they also set shit up at times as well

j00t

they explained it as analytics figuring out where crime was going to happen, and the employees related to it seemed genuine. Though, im sure they also set shit up at times as well

yeah, i mean it's probably just some goofy conspiracy theory that the show or comics didn't even purposely add, but i definitely looked at it from the perspective of a sleazy business. their income comes from movies and toys and stuff, so that's the company's focus. except that doesn't poll well, so they do "charity" work in stopping crime. they set up crime scenes (and don't even tell the supes that it's fake) so the supes can be heroes, and then use that as advertising for the movies and toys and stuff

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think the baby was a super as well (why wouldn't it be? all that stuff about loving mothers and shit) and that's one of the questions we are left with now. The end was a great hook, everything is thrown on it's head, the bad guy is still an asshole, and we have no idea where it's gonna go. Who is Vaught for instance? There are people at higher levels that we haven't even seen.
why would she inject her own kid w/ compound V when her job is to overseer a human nuclear bomb with a whole list of emotional difficulties.

• 1Like

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well count me as another that quite enjoyed it. Butcher was definitely the highlight of the Boys side of the story, with his use everyone/everything to get what he wanted. Overall tho, my MVP was far and away, Homelander, pretty much every scene he was in was good. Even though the evil Superman idea isn't new at all, they did a good job with their spin on it, but what carried it was the acting...especially his facial expressions were amazing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users