The breathing thread

an accordion_sl

shitlord
448.jpg

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
The first conscious breathes my lungs took in today occurred at approximately quarter past four. I was awoken by my brother in law knocking on my bedroom door. His chipper mood reminded me of the reason for his visit, today was my little sisters first wedding anniversary.

"Are you awake?" he asked in a hushed tone. He was aware of the fact that my new graveyard shift position had been wearing on me.

"Not to bad, I stayed up late playing Pixel Dungeon. Its really quite hard. I feel asleep frustrated" I croaked through the phlegm that occasionally built up in my throat over night.

"Anyways, sorry to disturb you. I thought I would say hello before we head off to the bar, ill see you there bro"

"No worries, first beers on me Seany-boy"

I heard his dress shoes click against the tiles in my hallway as he scampered for the door. The rock stuck in the right sole of his loafers was unmistakable. He was in a rush to get the decorations ready for the celebration that was to occur at the pub where his wedding reception a year earlier had taken place.

I jumped out of bed with a vigorous hop in my step. I was excited to eat the bar food for breakfast. But more then that to see Sean's sister. We had been dating in secret for a year. Any chance to see her was exciting.

My dress was fairly typical for a night at the pub. A grey cardigan over a plain white undershirt. Paired with my bluest of blue jeans and a hat I like to refer to as my old man hat I felt ready to enjoy my little sisters special day.

My secret lady was excited to see me as well, my phone was filled with text messages from the morning about how she had a good night with her aunt who also happens to be her best friend. They stayed up late watching sitcoms and drinking rum. Calyssa left her a note on the table next to her when she found her asleep on the couch in the morning. She had no idea that Angie would never be able to read it.

The whole gang arrived on time and promptly ordered their favorite drinks. Right after the appetizers where ordered my sister and her new husband began opening presents before they had greasy hands from the bar food soon to be served.

Just as Sean was about to open the third present he received a phone call. A shocked somber look took over his face. Everyone had been watching him open his gifts so all the attention was focused on him.

"Bad news?" His mothers tone was one of concern.

"Okay, im sorry, we are just all at dinner, ill tell them, im sorry, good bye" Sean hung up the phone and turned directly to my lady.

"Angie passed away in her sleep"

The note was still on the table next to Angie. She was cuddled in her blankets that her mom had put on top of her earlier that morning.

The note was still on the table.

It was their first anniversary.

Hows my air?

Heavy. Today was a bad day.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
The first conscious breathes my lungs took in today occurred at approximately quarter past four. I was awoken by my brother in law knocking on my bedroom door. His chipper mood reminded me of the reason for his visit, today was my little sisters first wedding anniversary.

"Are you awake?" he asked in a hushed tone. He was aware of the fact that my new graveyard shift position had been wearing on me.

"Not to bad, I stayed up late playing Pixel Dungeon. Its really quite hard. I feel asleep frustrated" I croaked through the phlegm that occasionally built up in my throat over night.

"Anyways, sorry to disturb you. I thought I would say hello before we head off to the bar, ill see you there bro"

I heard his dress shoes click against the tiles in my hallway as he scampered for the door. The rock stuck in the right sole of his loafers was unmistakable. He was in a rush to get the decorations ready for the celebration that was to occur at the pub where his wedding reception a year earlier had taken place.

I jumped out of bed with a vigorous hop in my step. I was excited to eat the bar food for breakfast. But more then that to see Sean's sister. We had been dating in secret for a year. Any chance to see her was exciting.

My dress was fairly typical for a night at the pub. A grey cardigan over a plain white undershirt. Paired with my bluest of blue jeans and a hat I like to refer to as my old man hat I felt ready to enjoy my little sisters special day.

My secret lady was excited to see me as well, my phone was filled with text messages from the morning about how she had a good night with her aunt who also happens to be her best friend. They stayed up late watching sitcoms and drinking rum. Calyssa left her a note on the table next to her when she found her asleep on the couch in the morning. She had no idea that Angie would never be able to read it.

The whole gang arrived on time and promptly ordered their favorite drinks. Right after the appetizers where ordered my sister and her new husband began opening presents before they had greasy hands from the bar food soon to be served.

Just as Sean was about to open the third present he received a phone call. A shocked somber look took over his face. Everyone had been watching him open his gifts so all the attention was focused on him.

"Okay, im sorry, we are just all at dinner, ill tell them, im sorry, good bye" Sean hung up the phone and turned directly to my lady.

The note was still on the table next to Angie. She was cuddled in her blankets that her mom had put on top of her earlier that morning.

Hows my air?

i didn't come for this.

Hows my air?

I have a burning desire to vent my spleen on Bro. Grumpus , Esq.. To get immediately to the point, in a tacit concession of defeat, Grumpus is now openly calling for the abridgment of various freedoms to accomplish coercively what his pathetic, unambitious schemes have failed at. Listen closely and in the distance you can hear the ring of Liberty's bell calling gallant sons and noble daughters to rise above the narrow confines of self-existence to the broader concerns of all humanity. It would be nice to say that xenophobic despotism doesn't exist anymore but we all know that it does. Grumpus broadens his appeal by seeking influence and adherents in the escapism movement. He will almost certainly tiptoe around that glaringly evident fact because if he didn't, you might come to realize that someone has been giving his brain a very thorough washing, and now Grumpus is trying to do the same to us. I know more about hedonism than most people. You might even say that I'm an expert on the subject. I can therefore state with confidence that Grumpus exhibits an air of superiority. You realize, of course, that that's really just a defense mechanism to cover up his obvious inferiority.

I plan to make some changes here. Are you with me-or against me? Whatever you decide, Grumpus recently claimed that his plane of understanding is beyond the realm of human imagining. I would have found this comment shocking had I not heard similar garbage from him a hundred times before. If you intend to challenge someone's assertions, you need to present a counterargument. He provides none.

Grumpus uses big words like "stereophotogrammetry" to make himself sound important. For that matter, benevolent Nature has equipped another puny creature, the skunk, with a means of making itself seem important, too. Although Grumpus's quips may reek like a skunk, Grumpus's hatchet men often reverse the normal process of interpretation. That is, they value the unsaid over the said, the obscure over the clear. Once you understand his equivocations, you have a responsibility to do something about them. To know, to understand, and not to act, is an egregious sin of omission. It is the sin of silence. It is the sin of letting Grumpus give expression to that which is most destructive and most harmful to society. As this letter draws to a close, I want to challenge you, the reader, to remind Bro. Grumpus , Esq. about the concept of truth in advertising. That's what I intend to do until my last breath.