The Broken Empire Trilogy. Best series of all time

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Final book in the last book "the girl and the moon" in the latest trilogy "the book of the ice". This one is set in the same world as the book of the ancestor and ties in directly. I didn't like this one as much as the ancestor trilogy mainly due to a little too much Mary Sue and things suddenly working out, but it added a great world building history to the universe.

At this point I can say I am more intrigued and excited for Lawrence's shared universe than Sandersons cosmere, and Lawrence puts out books almost as fast. He has the next trilogy already written and is releasing 23, 24, 25... and his books all focusenon the extended universe so no waiting for him to work on side projects.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There was a special edition of this series that Subterranean Press was putting out with Grim Oak Press... But I can't get the link or page to work anymore. The announcement was 5 days ago and it said 1,000 copies available. Maybe it is already gone.

1652187785053.png

Direct link works, bypassing SubPress. I still may email them and see what's up.

*edit: Yeah, SubPress said they sold out of their allotment. May order one straight from Grim Oak if my account creation stops messing up.

Last edited:

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was a special edition of this series that Subterranean Press was putting out with Grim Oak Press... But I can't get the link or page to work anymore. The announcement was 5 days ago and it said 1,000 copies available. Maybe it is already gone.

View attachment 411797

Direct link works, bypassing SubPress. I still may email them and see what's up.

*edit: Yeah, SubPress said they sold out of their allotment. May order one straight from Grim Oak if my account creation stops messing up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Yeah that's the same link I posted, I think? Ordered one right after posting and it has already shipped. Also included the slip case.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have never heard of this series & the thread title says Best Ever.

Is it really better than...

LoTR
Malazan
Song of Ice & Fire
Black Company
First Law/Age of Madness Series

Maul

Dental Dammer

LoTR
Malazan
Song of Ice & Fire
Black Company
Half way into the first book, no its not.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
it's worth a read but not better than a single one of the series you listed

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole

LoTR
Malazan
Song of Ice & Fire
Black Company
I would put it above Song of fire and Ice and Black Company, but that is maybe personal preference.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm selling my slipcase Prince of Thorns if anyone here is interested.

It was $200 new, never read or really taken out of slipcase except for photo.

If anyone is interested give me a shout. Never did pick up the other two books and I'm not interested in an unmatched set to be honest. I liked the series but not -that- much.

1700946084371.png

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm selling my slipcase Prince of Thorns if anyone here is interested.

It was $200 new, never read or really taken out of slipcase except for photo.

If anyone is interested give me a shout. Never did pick up the other two books and I'm not interested in an unmatched set to be honest. I liked the series but not -that- much.

View attachment 501937

Why did you buy it? Figured you'd have put that money towards a can or ammo. 😉

• 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Why did you buy it? Figured you'd have put that money towards a can or ammo. 😉

Unfortunately I also have a habit of picking up books, usually signed and limited runs of series that I really really like. It started with Malazan and now extends to Sanderson and a couple of others. This series I really did like and intended to have a matched numbered set, but somehow missed out on Book 2 and 3; and the idea of having a non-matched set that I missed out on irritates me.

Same thing happened with Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu. I had my copy and rights to all future books, but missed the email so got stuck with just book 1. Sold it for $300 this week. With the Netflix series coming out I wanted to hold it and see if the price would go up a bit more but decided to just list it. I almost bought a full matched set off Kathmandu Books to sit on to see what happened with the series.

1701055151229.png
1701055277974.png

I don't really have that much stuff. Still reorganizing my bookshelf, moving things upstairs from down, and covering dust jackets with Brodart for protection, and taking inventory on some things that I do want. A couple more signed Dragonsteel Sanderson stuff (no hope of matching set here), a couple of off shoot Erikson Malazan novels, and some other random stuff. One thing I'd break the bank on is a matched Dresden Files set if it ever showed up. Nona the 9th is on the way as well as a numbered edition of Life of Pi that looked very nice (Life of Pi by Yann Martel - Suntup Editions).

1701055653883.png

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
When does this best series of all time get actually good? I ready about 100 pages of the 1st book and realized I was making myself read (instead of enjoying).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
When does this best series of all time get actually good? I ready about 100 pages of the 1st book and realized I was making myself read (instead of enjoying).

That's just b/c you're reading the normal version and not the LIMITED SIGNED edition!