<Bronze Donator>
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018)

Tagline: The future unleashed every thing

Genre: Science Fiction, Mystery

Director: Julius Onah

Release: 2018-02-04

Runtime: 102

Plot: Orbiting above a planet on the brink of war, scientists test a device to solve an energy crisis and end up face-to-face with a dark alternate reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
There’s already a link on Netflix to watch The Cloverfield Paradox after the game.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Can’t tell if this has anything to do with Cloverfield or 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Will watch anyways though because it’s on Netflix.

Edit: Quick internet search reveals that people are calling this Cloverfield 3...

Which is interesting because I didn’t think Lane had anything to do with Cloverfield other than the name.

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I wonder if it will actually be Cloverfield 2 or just another "Cloverfield Universe..." thing. I'm down, I liked the other two.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like universe thing from the preview. I loved cloverfield lane so we'll see. Looked like some space station shit going on in the preview

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Can’t tell if this has anything to do with Cloverfield or 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Will watch anyways though because it’s on Netflix.

Edit: Quick internet search reveals that people are calling this Cloverfield 3...

Which is interesting because I didn’t thing Lane had anything to do with Cloverfield other than the name.

Lane was set up in the same world though, it had the main protag leave the bunker into what happened in the original Cloverfield.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Weird, the teaser actually had footage from Cloverfield in it. Did they do that with 10 Cloverfield Lane?

Whatever man, I'm on board.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob

netflix dropping the mic, "here's our new movie. you can watch it tonight." damn

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
10 cloverfield lane was connected if you followed the ARG, Howard worked for the navy in the 70s and discovered the creature movie watchers refer to as "clover" but couldn't identify what it was, there's a whole thing about him trying to find his daughter too. Fake websites etc, Google it it's pretty sweet.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Well that was a lot of fun. I think the wife and I had more fun with the fact that Netflix and JJ Abraham’s were able to keep this under wraps with zero leaks.

The movie raised more questions than answers but it wasn't terrible.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Movie reminded me so much of Sunshine. Cool idea, well made, story goes to dogshit in the last third.

• 1Solidarity

Ladro

Anomaly
Wasn’t planning on watching a movie tonight so only got to see the first 30minutes. So far it’s not bad, I’m interested and curious so I’ll finish it up tomorrow.

I really wanted an alien to come out of the Russian guy.

More importantly this precedent basically destroys Hollywood. A third movie in a series by a very well know studio and producer with basically no press or anything gets a trailer during the Super Bowl and releases the same day on a standard streaming platform? Fuck yes give me more please.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Movie reminded me so much of Sunshine. Cool idea, well made, story goes to dogshit in the last third.

So just like every other "story" JJ Abrams has ever written

• 1Solidarity

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sunshine meets Event Horizon-lite. Interesting movie, not super awesome /shrug As another poster said, my gal and I were more in awe that this came out of nowhere - and actually stayed a secret.

I saw this tweet before we sat down and watched it. Seriously almost put me off.

"Fans (including director Ava DuVernay) are pretty excited.

Woman of color-led, sci-fi thriller released worldwide day + date w/ big Netflix muscle for black director, his super producer + POC cast. No advance press, ads, trailer. Straight to the people. Gamechanger. Congrats to helmer #JuliusOnah + my dears JJ, Gugu, David. #Cloverfield pic.twitter.com/m186Hprhqz

— Ava DuVernay (@Ava) February 5, 2018"

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nothing you want to see will happen until the last 5 seconds.

Decent movie

• 1Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I liked it, well acted, but something felt "cheap" about it. But it was fine, not the best movie ever, but better than a whole lot of space movies that have made it to theaters. Love the release platform on Netflix. Grateful for a free ass movie! Nice!!!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database