The Conjuring

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The warrens tell good stories. yeah they go around campus's and tell their stories.

A good deal of movies are based on their stories.
Amityville horror, The haunted, the Haunting in Connecticut, Chucky is based off a supposedly possessed doll they have. A raggedy ann.
So yeah.

I have no idea if they believe their own stories or not. They SEEM to.

Movies based on the stories. love to through out the "based on a true story". which in itself is VERY loose. then the original storys themselves are of course full of inconsistencies, and half truths.
If just one of these films came out just as a horror flick and not passing as truth I would see it 5 ties just to support bucking this shitty trend.

True haunting stories are more played out than found footage

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bro, I'm not scared, quite the opposite. I enjoy a good ghost story as much as the next guy. But I figured out a long time ago, they're all just stories. If you haven't, you either need to grow the fuck up or start laying down some proof.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Bro, I'm not scared, quite the opposite. I enjoy a good ghost story as much as the next guy. But I figured out a long time ago, they're all just stories. If you haven't, you either need to grow the fuck up or start laying down some proof.
"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Saw this an hour or so ago, an absolute generic horror movie. Waste of theater money, eventually well worth a spot in your netflix queue

Troll_sl

shitlord
Ed and Lorraine Warren were full of shit (think Ed's dead, Lorraine may still be kicking around, though). Good for an interesting story, but nothing else. If you want some good stuff on them, look through the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe back catalogue.

Going to go see this tonight.

Goatface

had zero interest in seeing this, but it was the 1st movie at my local double feature drive-in this weekend. seeing it outdoors, while it was foggy, cloudy with some lightning was creepy as fuck.

Troll_sl

shitlord
It started out strong with some good old school scares but the ending was horribad.

And this "based on a true story" shit needs to stop. It doesn't make the movie scarier. And it's as much "based on a true story" as The Exorcist or The Shining or Transformers.

niss_sl

shitlord
Was pretty decent but they failed on a couple of points:

1. They failed to build up and show the fear and horror that the family had while living in the house. There's a whole bunch of fairly unexplainable shit that occurs
dog dying on the first night, birds randomly killing themselves against the windows, numerous bruises all over the body, NON-electical clocks continously stopping at exactly 3:07 every single night, etc...
that seems to produce zero dialogue (and longlasting discomfort/fear) between the parents. In fact, the father actually decides it's cool to leave the house and go on a business trip. Where's the freaked out conversation trying to make sense of it all? They really missed the boat on that one.

2. The unnecessary plotline at the end
Why did the demon go such a far distance to spook their daughter? And how? wtf did I miss this part or did they need to add extra minutes to the movie. This felt completely stapled on at the end with no reason

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Did you watch this movie Niss? They explained most of that if not all of it in the movie.

Qntario_sl

shitlord
Enjoyed it up until the last 20 min or so. I thought the end was a little dull/been done before/etc. And not sure why it got an R rating. Hardly any blood in the movie.

niss_sl

shitlord
Did you watch this movie Niss? They explained most of that if not all of it in the movie.
The demon going after the daughter? Maybe I missed it but seems like the lady cursed anyone that lived on the land so it's completely out of character to go against someone not living on it or involved in it in any way...
And overall I liked the movie, just feels like they could have done a lot more to make it better.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The demon going after the daughter? Maybe I missed it but seems like the lady cursed anyone that lived on the land so it's completely out of character to go against someone not living on it or involved in it in any way...
It was threatening them in an attempt to get them to leave it alone.