The Counselor

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Why show
Penelope Cruz getting kidnapped if the next scene was going to be her not showing up at the Boise hotel?

I hate when I feel like I could have done a better job editing than professional editors.

kudos

<Banned>
Why show
Penelope Cruz getting kidnapped if the next scene was going to be her not showing up at the Boise hotel?

I hate when I feel like I could have done a better job editing than professional editors.
Also, why show her body being dumped into a landfill right after her husband gets a DVD of her death and starts crying for 5 minutes straight? That would have been a great time to end that and leave the viewer thinking.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
I didn't see this thread..I wish I had....

Kind of wonder if Scott does a directors cut like he did with Kingdoms of Heaven..another shitty original release that made no sense which was slightly redeemed by the directors cut. Although, this movie felt like it was 5hrs long the way it dragged on in parts..bleh.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
I liked American Gangster(2007)...although again, it needed a directors cut to get over the hump. Black hawk down(2000) would probably be the last one he did that i saw and liked in theaters.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like Ridley should stick to being a space pirate, metroid stealing purple thing and quit while he's ahead

You have to admit, that scene with Javier talking about the catfish vagina fucking his car was pretty hilarious. Even if unintentionally.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It had a bunch of great scenes. It's just that the bleh parts and the unnecessary parts dragged them and the rest of the movie down. As I sit here the day after thinking about the movie those awesome parts have faded but the boring won't go away.

You edit this thing down (bye bye intro, diamond conversation, other unnecessary scenes with Penelope Cruz, ending retarded Philo 101 bullshit) and it could begold.

kudos

<Banned>
What the fuck was the point of the scene with Penelope Cruz and Cameron Diaz at the pool? It made no fucking sense. Nobody cares how well she knows a diamonds quality. To top it off she was wrong anyways.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It set up the Church scene which was a good scene but yeah. I don't know why Fassbender would ever let Cruz near Diaz. You should go on a playdate with the insane sociopath girlfriend of my 20 million dollar coke deal buddy.

kudos

<Banned>
It set up the Church scene which was a good scene but yeah. I don't know why Fassbender would ever let Cruz near Diaz. You should go on a playdate with the insane sociopath girlfriend of my 20 million dollar coke deal buddy.
I probably am blocking it out of my mind but why was that church scene good? All I remember was her saying crude things to a priest.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Right! Fuck Priests!

I thought it did a good job of demonstrating just how utterly remorseless her character was and the performance of both her and the Priest was quite good.

Can you really not receive absolution unless you are a Catholic? What kind of bullshit is that?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Like a lot of reviews have stated, the screenplay is much better read than spoken. The dialogue just didn't translate to the screen: "You have the must luscious pussy in Christendom."

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Late to the party but saw the unrated extended edition, maybe it made for a better movie. The whole thing with Javier talking about Cameron fucking his car had me and the wife rolling. "Was like those sucker fish on the sides of the fish tank". Hilarious. I agree the conversations were really philosophical(to include random Mexican bartender, WTF.) The rest was really good, no happy ending, the bolo things are just insane and was left with the same feeling I got after watchingCity of God (2002) - IMDbsouth of the border is fucked up.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's from the writer of No Country for Old Men , and the Road.

I didn't think it was that terrible, as long as you realize you are not really watching a film ,but more of a Author talking through a bunch of characters.
Mammet does that sometimes ,but he just does it with little more grace then Cormac.

I don't mind these type of movies, but they are 100% selfish endevours by the writers.

One theme that definitely resonates through all of Cormacs film is humans are savage animals. He almost never paints the world in any type of positive note, and rarely gives any hope.
Very glass is half full type of view, but in art that's also needed as a balance.

On a side note ,Javier Bardem is such an evil presence even when he is playing a somewhat normal character he is such an imposing actor.
I would love to see Refn do a movie with Bardem.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Bardem is the only redeeming thing about this, though some of the cinematography was pretty sweet. Saw the extended cut just now. I thought it was because I was sick the last couple days, but I am glad I am not the only one that thought it was whacked.