The Crown

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The actor who plays young Princess Margeret. strained credulity with the "i just can't land a man" bit. She was fucking hrrrggnnnnhghhghhh.

I really like the actors this most recent season.. I knew about the cast change well in advance so it wasn't a big deal, and they referenced it in the first scene as well. The woman who plays Queen Elizabeth is amazing in everything, ever. Also didn't know about the coal disaster. That's nuts.

The overall takeaway from this show is that after Churchill they apparently turned Downing Street into a studio to film the fucking Benny Hill show, because each one of these guys has just been shenanigans. The stuff with Charles was really interesting as well

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The Tories were mostly weak old men unable to accept that the sun had set on the empire and choose to ignore the domestic issues giving the shit labor party a platform to come in and further cock up the economy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bit of a necro but season 4 is on Netflix now. It's now set in the early 1980s which (perhaps for many here) is the stuff I grew up with. Thatcher, Diana, IRA etc.

Gillian Anderson of X-Files fame as Thatcher.

1605801888627.jpeg

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I'm 5 episodes in and Anderson is absolutely amazing as Thatcher

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually think shes really awkward as Thatcher.

Thatcher never came off so cold and stilted. She was regarded as extremely attractive by basically everyone around in that period, from Chris Hitchens, to her cabinet ministers who otherwise hated her, to the state dept diplos in London.

In large part because she was an natural verbal communicator. She also had this feminine warmth and charm that is lacking here.

She had this kind of almost effortless aura of dominance , control , and conviction that was unique among all sexes certainly never seen from another women. Anderson just seems icy and awkward without those features.

It,s too bad because i like Gillian. She was great in sex ed.

• 1Picard

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I actually think shes really awkward as Thatcher.

Thatcher never came off so cold and stilted. She was regarded as extremely attractive by basically everyone around in that period, from Chris Hitchens, to her cabinet ministers who otherwise hated her, to the state dept diplos in London.

In large part because she was an natural verbal communicator. She also had this feminine warmth and charm that is lacking here.

She had this kind of almost effortless aura of dominance , control , and conviction that was unique among all sexes certainly never seen from another women. Anderson just seems icy and awkward without those features.

It,s too bad because i like Gillian. She was great in sex ed.

maybe I need to watch some old footage of maggie

but anderson's portrayal of thatcher is magnetic, you can't stop watching.

i'd watch at least 20 episodes of "The Iron Lady" a Netflix TV show based on Thatcher as the main character, played by Anderson

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for the reminder that this is out, I couldn't get into Season 3 and skipped it but will check this out.

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
maybe I need to watch some old footage of maggie

but anderson's portrayal of thatcher is magnetic, you can't stop watching.

i'd watch at least 20 episodes of "The Iron Lady" a Netflix TV show based on Thatcher as the main character, played by Anderson

I just thinks shes too icy.

I wish they did an episode on the Brighton Bomb assassination attempt of thatcher and her government. Figured that would be in there. I like how they adapted her "Criminal Murder" speech about the ira to the queen.

I still think bonham carter as margaret is my favourite.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As a northerner it's safe to say I struggle to watch any portrayal of Thatcher without wanting to reach into the tv and strangle the fuck out of her.

As to the royal family, I'd throw them all into a pit, toss in a giant dildo, and tell them only one person was leaving alive. Andrew would arguably have an unfair advantage.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I feel they've done a great job with Diana as well.
Does she come across as the least intelligent person in a room full of inbreds?

Looking forward to the scene in Paris where Prince Phillip personally chases her down on a motorbike and gets her killed.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Looking forward to the scene in Paris where Prince Phillip personally chases her down on a motorbike and gets her killed.
You would be the better judge of intelligence amongst your fellow island bound genetic dead ends.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

The season ends before they are divorced so I'm guessing they will deal with Diana's death next season (although I'm not sure if the same cast will be there or they are going to age Elizabeth to more current). Season was ok, probably better than S3. They did a decent job with Diana and Charles (although they really paint Charles in the more negative light). I don't know enough about Thatcher but a lot of stuff I read agree that they missed the mark on portraying her.

Phillip best sums up the royal family in the last episode, telling Diana that it's not that she (meaning Diana) is an outsider, they are all outsiders except one (the Queen) and that they all function based on her.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm really not liking the new cast anywhere near as much as previous seasons. Dominic West and the super tall Australian chick playing Diana just seem so out of place.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users