The Cycle

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This looks like it's in one of it's final playtests with immediate access on Steam. We played this about a year ago and it was a strange BR hybrid, but now it seems like they changed gears and made it into a Tarkov type loot and get out experience that isn't nearly as complicated.

It's Sci-Fi themed with solo and group content, seems to run good on my system. Below is some gameplay from Stodeh might be worth checking out for some. I really like that unlike Tarkov you can tell who friend/foe is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's a Tarkov concept without the gritty realism that makes Tarkov feel good, at least before you become Superman at higher levels in Tarkov. It's more a quester with on death looting and a semi BR format. Still lacks a bit of soul and the gameplay smoothness Tarkov has.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's a thread on this somewhere, tried it last year when it had already been working on trying to become more tarkovey. Was way to bland where down, guns and upgrades far too vague and buy the same shit for every gun. Just grind cash to buy best guns via questing the factions.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
It's main draw last cb was the 6hr constant map time, more casual friendly, and voip.. Tarkov has voip now.. It's a lot easier to draw people in and teach then putting them in the middle of tarkov and try to do the same.

The raid down time is significantly lower than tarkov, damn near instantaneous drop in.. And it's really easy to gear/stock up and go right back in.. Which is a huge plus. I haven't played any this cb just because of time and such, but from my friend who is a regular kappa go getter.. Said some of the changes to weapon balancing has been great.. "low tier" weapons are about as good as "high tier" while I don't know the specifics.. Supposedly a lot of streamers were getting wrecked by guns that use to be useless after a certain point. Which if true is great for the game. Last cb, you pretty much felt the power each and every weapon upgrade. I pref it around attachments rather than the weapon. I like weapons to be more specified in their use; tarkov is going through this now with ballistic changes; ie meta rounds not being nearly as meta.. And things like low recoil rounds having a purpose. Ect.

As far as casual, it's weird but makes sense.. But they have an mmr based around survived loot worth. I'm told the quest/rep system also got a little more complicated but idk.. And the gun game is pretty easy.. Last cb I purely shot hunted, and stole all my loot.. Used the whole tarkov mantra of get a W then get out; rinse repeat. I mostly picked up tasked that involved killing shit, then if it was a task for material; id based off having it or not. The ai supposedly got buffed, and the "hard" areas ai got increased stats like armor/hp and damage.

I personally thought the game was super smooth, more so then tarkov.. But it felt like a kinda call of duty vers of tarkov in which.. None of my deaths really had any weight behind it.. I go in with murderous intent, if I die.. I just do it again.. Maybe because of tarkov veterancy, or just mmo Chinese farming.. But it's not hard to make money and stay afloat in either game.. I dont get anxious as much in tarkov anymore aside from a drawn out firefight or trying to make it out with 2 or 3 well geared players stuff.. But there has been zero anxiousness in the cycle.. Which could be a plus for some. The game clarity is super nice too. It has DLSS(Tarkov does not, yet.) which I feel helps, and it's cartoon-y doesn't let characters bleed into the environment nearly as much. Since I've swapped to a 2k monitor I haven't had nearly as much of a problem in Tarkov; iirc Willerz swears by 4k..

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user