The D&D thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’m not gonna lie you people complaining about wotc making shit woke drive me nuts. You don’t have to use that lore so who gives a fuck if they make it?

I’ve been a part of 5-6 different campaigns / one shots/ adventure paths in the last few years between DMing and as a player and it’s never effected us in any way.

Sure if you get a player who wants to be woke it could potentially cause an issue… but I imagine you aren’t inviting those people to the table so just let it go. Source material from before the change is still great and there’s no reason to boycott for “reasons”

Every time I see one of you throw a hissy fit about it I can’t imagine wanting to interact with your neckbeard asses let alone play with you.
Yeah spineless shitbags like you just sticking your heads in the sand to ignore the woke takeover are why they feel emboldened enough to escalate things to the point of flat-out removing iconic parts of the game.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I get wanting to just look the other way. It's everywhere and it's so fucking tiresome. Can't we just play some DnD?

Right now in the United States what we have is a Maoist style cultural revolution taking place. It's going to come for you just like it's going to come for all of us. You don't want any part of it? Fine. But don't tell the other side of the isle to just shut up about what's happening. I'm sure it makes it harder for you to stick your head in the sand when people talk about things. That's a "you" problem. Just ignore it like you're ignoring everything else.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Not sure why anyone still giving WOTC any money.

What is Wizards core value at a high level? With queer, trans, etc. players more visible than possible, which has dangers. What is your core audience? What is your plan for race?
More, not fewer. We're trying to widen the play space. We're always making steps in those direction. I think today's audience is bigger than it has ever been, but I also think it's a fraction of what it could be so we need to be more inclusive. We need to look at what content is not welcome in our spaces because it reflects hate. We need to walk our convictions and ideologies of inclusivity to make it clear hate is not welcome. We're going to publish content guidelines so you'll be able to review it and comment on it. We're making changes on an ongoing basis. For example, "savage" is gone. "Dim-witted" is gone.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want to try playing, put a little cis male back in the game. I have no experience outside of video games. Anyone running groups?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Setting aside the particulars of any change they're being recommended it's all under the umbrella of equity which is why it's all kind of shit. Different racial advantages (stats) have to go, evil races have to go, half-races have to go, and so on. Your generic Tolkien-inspired medieval fantasy setting is going to have a whole lot of problems. It's going to take a ton of work to get it to pass through a modern day lens of equity and inclusion.

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Setting aside the particulars of any change they're being recommended it's all under the umbrella of equity which is why it's all kind of shit. Different racial advantages (stats) have to go, evil races have to go, half-races have to go, and so on. Your generic Tolkien-inspired medieval fantasy setting is going to have a whole lot of problems. It's going to take a ton of work to get it to pass through a modern day lens of equity and inclusion.
Yep. Bio-essentialism is one of the fundamental elements of the game because it's necessary to mechanically differentiate one race from another, but that gives the blue-hairs seizures.

The aesthetic differences between races can be interesting, but it's not enough. Furthermore, people tend to enjoy some of the stereotypes/tropes that have developed from the inherent strengths and weaknesses of each. I like the tough and hardy Dwarves as well as the agile and lithe Elves. Are there exceptions? Absolutely and sometimes players want to be the exception, but..

Fuck it. I don't know why I bother going on and on about shit that should simply be common sense.

Goddamn, I HATE leftists.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Goddamn, I HATE leftists.
v5cziud9kid61.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I’m not gonna lie you people complaining about wotc making shit woke drive me nuts. You don’t have to use that lore so who gives a fuck if they make it?

I’ve been a part of 5-6 different campaigns / one shots/ adventure paths in the last few years between DMing and as a player and it’s never effected us in any way.

Sure if you get a player who wants to be woke it could potentially cause an issue… but I imagine you aren’t inviting those people to the table so just let it go. Source material from before the change is still great and there’s no reason to boycott for “reasons”

Every time I see one of you throw a hissy fit about it I can’t imagine wanting to interact with your neckbeard asses let alone play with you.
they're actively taking something you love and making it worse.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Re: the cis male comment

when i was a substance abuse counselor, i had a new client come into my office. he sat down and said "What brings you in to see me, today?" and he went on a 20 minute rant about being trans and how upset he was that he was seeing a cis male counselor but he decided to tolerate me despite how problematic i am.

i let him just go on and on, he clearly needed to get it all out and i get paid regardless of what anyone says (or not says). he finally finished and just sat there for a minute... i kind of felt like he needed to keep talking to stop me from arguing with him and finally just ran out of gas. i just politely sat there, patiently waiting. when it was clear he was done i just said "Alright, and what does any of that have to do with your substance use issues?"

he just sat there for a couple seconds... like i said he was clearly expecting a fight and when i didn't give him one he didn't know how to respond.

so finally he dropped his attitude and just calmly said, "oh... uh... i'm an alcoholic. I'd like to stop drinking"

despite the two of us having COMPLETELY opposite ideological views, he ended up being one of my favorite clients. and yes, i refer to him as a he, even though he's a biological female. i don't have a problem calling anyone whatever they want me to call them... except when someone says "my pronouns are they/them..." they/them is for plurals. i'm fine with acknowledging your mental health but i simply cannot abide poor grammar.

but anyway, my whole point is that people who unironically use the term "cis" are LOOKING for a fight, they are primed for it. and they are the same people who are taking over the table top space and claiming inclusivity and equity

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Yes. AKA the enemy!

I think i'm going to join an online group and just hope they don't have any trannies :cool:
outside of wizards themselves, i find that the vast majority of players are sick of that nonsense. trannies are the extremely vocal minority. there are significantly more people who AREN'T trans that just go with the narrative because they don't want to fight. or rather, they want to fight but in game, not in real life. the chances of playing with a trans person is pretty low. you're more likely to find anti-social weirdos that make the game unfun in a completely different way

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
outside of wizards themselves, i find that the vast majority of players are sick of that nonsense. trannies are the extremely vocal minority. there are significantly more people who AREN'T trans that just go with the narrative because they don't want to fight. or rather, they want to fight but in game, not in real life. the chances of playing with a trans person is pretty low. you're more likely to find anti-social weirdos that make the game unfun in a completely different way

Well that is good news. I was checking some websites and noticed quite a few titles with LGB... inclusion, safespace kind of stuff. Fuck out of here. I'm gonna play a genocidal human male and make slight allusions to real world fagatry.

j00t

Well that is good news. I was checking some websites and noticed quite a few titles with LGB... inclusion, safespace kind of stuff. Fuck out of here. I'm gonna play a genocidal human male and make slight allusions to real world fagatry.
Don't be that guy. Even if people agree with you, it's hard to stick up for people who are actively looking for conflict

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't be that guy. Even if people agree with you, it's hard to stick up for people who are actively looking for conflict
The whole "Now, now guys...let's just all be friends," approach has achieved absolutely nothing. In fact, it's allowed the wack jobs to push deeper and deeper into every aspect of culture.

I have a lot more use and respect for people that actively take an aggressive stance against the people/ideas that have brought us here.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider

That's alright, I don't need anyone to stick up for me. I would however, like to make them suffer in their "safespace" :trump:

• 1Like