The D&D thread

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
35,527
105,651
I don't think in all my years of playing dungeons and dragons anybody ever played a psychic character. Isn't one of the big upsides that nothing has resistances to psychic powers or something? I honestly just don't know much about the class in previous iterations.

Basically, yeah. Think of it like introducing a brand new magic system in to an existing game and the new system comes with a bunch of it's own unique ways to break the rules. Magic is already really good in DnD and now here comes Magic Plus.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

...

Goonsquad Officer
8,581
20,743
2nd edition psionics were wild. You were more like a super hero with a mix of powers that were weirdly "level agnostic" and could build your choices like a video game. It indeed didn't fit most of the settings. But it was unique. I only really enjoyed it in dark sun, which was a wild spread of hardship and OP races and classes
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
793
1,897
Monks were technically psyonic in 4e. And then you had the entirety of house obladora(sp) from menzoberranzan
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
793
1,897
So im playing an alchemist is pf2e. And omg at lvl 9 im sitting on like 45ish formulas ive gotten so far. Keeping track of all these is so wild lol.

Have any of yous played a class in any that has a ton of skill choices like this?

My lvl 26 4e artificer has a ton of spells and items. But this is getting way more out of hand ao quickly lol
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
793
1,897
So im playing pf2e. Im an alchemist. Im lvl 9 and have so many recipes. Keeping track is nuts. does anyone play someone thing with a like class that has a shit ton of abilities? And do you have a book or what not to track them all for easy reference?

I've gotta have 80+ recipies now lol
 
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

...

Goonsquad Officer
8,581
20,743
Wizards in 3.5 and pathfinder ....I guess second wind up with a million spells in their book. I always print the ones I have in a spreadsheet
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
793
1,897
Yeah I just old school print them all. But omg pf2e has 4 sets of each ability. And there's like 700 recipes I'll get lol
 

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
793
1,897
Well nm got my answer as I wrote this lol

Screenshot_20261006_094047_Firefox.jpg
 

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
793
1,897
So another pf2e question.

So "status bonus to damage" does that apply to just the die roll. Or does it apply to die roll and splash. Since they different mechanic pools?

I've been playing a fire alchemist and using Burn it! which reads:
Your spells and alchemical items that deal fire damage gain a status bonus to damage equal to half the spell's rank or one-quarter the item's level (minimum bonus +1). You also gain a +1 status bonus to any persistent fire damage you deal.

So I was also going to use a spell:
Gravity Weapon - You build up gravitational force and funnel it into your blows, leading to more powerful attacks with blade and bow alike. On your first weapon Strike each round, you gain a status bonus to damage equal to twice the number of weapon damage dice.

So im curious if this would apply to the splash damage portion of the strike as well. Id lean towards yes.