The Dark Knight Rises

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I successfully avoided the movie until last week and felt like the rock bottom expectations made it ...well....better than I thought it would be. My girlfriend netflixed it and I will now reinforce my stance on avoiding comic book movies as best I can.

Bane_sl

shitlord
I successfully avoided the movie until last week and felt like the rock bottom expectations made it ...well....better than I thought it would be. My girlfriend netflixed it and I will now reinforce my stance on avoiding comic book movies as best I can.
People still Netflix DVDs?

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
People still Netflix DVDs?
Well - yeah I guess so, we stream/download most stuff, but my girlfriend likes to get the dvd to make it an event, like, here it is, the dvd, now you have to watch this with me because you said you would watch it when we picked it.

if that makes any sense

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Thing is, I think this movie wouldn't have been as bad if it was actually longer. With all the stuff that happens in the movie, it should be 45 minutes to an hour longer. Perhaps it was then it got edited down to the point where the film is the disjointed mess it is. I understand there are many parallel stories going on, but a 10 second scene on each one before switching to the next isn't very effective.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Thing is, I think this movie wouldn't have been as bad if it was actually longer. With all the stuff that happens in the movie, it should be 45 minutes to an hour longer. Perhaps it was then it got edited down to the point where the film is the disjointed mess it is. I understand there are many parallel stories going on, but a 10 second scene on each one before switching to the next isn't very effective.
Even then, Nolan's hamfisted approach to "solving" Bruce's deathwish, Blake = Robin, Bane breaking Batman's back and killing Bane probably could not be reconciled by the addition of moar film.

The movie is shit.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Making the movie longer wouldn't have fixed the tons of holes like talia fucking Bruce for no reason, hanging from for a fixes being a cripple that the best doctors couldn't fix, ect