The Delicious Candy Thread

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
Holy shit, this thread is making me want to hurt my blood sugar.
Type 1 diabetic since i was 13, so much of this was easily passed by for the sake of my health, but damn it looks good.
Even with an insulin pump, pretty such much of this could cause me at least a minor issue.
Don't worry, Touraxus. There's always
RSS_Celery_Sticks_0.jpg

which should make you feel

okay_guy_face_sticker-rb5ca7761a8d148f3b9d05794ecbb284e_v9wth_8byvr_512.jpg

RSS_Celery_Sticks_0.jpg

okay_guy_face_sticker-rb5ca7761a8d148f3b9d05794ecbb284e_v9wth_8byvr_512.jpg

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Haven't seen these in decades. No wonder kids are so nerdy nowadays. They never learned how to be cool by smoking candy cigarettes.
rrr_img_22558.jpg
They still make those candy smokes, but the ones I saw after Halloween didn't have the red tip.....basically worthless.

rrr_img_22558.jpg

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Could slam dunk these all day. Best part is figuring out what flavor I just ate.

Touraxus_sl

shitlord
Bonch;182642 said:
Don't worry, Touraxus. There's always
RSS_Celery_Sticks_0.jpg

I do like celery, but it's not like diabetes made me never eat candy.
I just had to be so much more careful when trying any of it.
Before insulin pumps it was much more of a trial that could potentially end up with me in the hospital.
I've learned how to deal with any spikes better due to the pump, but after almost 20 years of not eating tons of candy, the sugar rush isn't as enticing without some awesome flavor being required.

While so much of that stuff looks awesome, the overly sweet nature would turn me off to it.
You kind of build an immunity to it.

The only real candy i ever loved was mike and ikes, ate so many prior to my diagnosis.
I still have some ever so often, i just need to be careful.

You get used to it.
But you guys do make a pressing ideal for my pump working overtime.
*edit*

It's being a diabetic kid around easter that fucking sucks.
Nothing but potential coma and death being passed around in school, and all you can do is say no.

I envy kids with insulin pumps today, they count carbs rather than evaluate what might kill them.

RSS_Celery_Sticks_0.jpg

Pinadil

Silver Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_22666.jpg

My grandpa would give these out to everyone he met. Cashiers, ushers, literally everyone. Its good I liked them so much.

rrr_img_22666.jpg

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I keep some of these in the fridge once-in-a-while. They taste awesome when they're cold.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This thread needs more Dutch, i.e. licorice. Not the sweet fake licorice you can buy outside of Holland, but the really salty stuff, with lots of ammoniumchloride (salmiak).

Licorice (drop) is so popular here, that there are entire licorice-shops, with tray after tray of all sorts of salty goodness.

Especially after craving it for a while, licorice just tastes soooo good. Just thinking about it makes me salivate.

This is one of my favorites: buy them per piece, nice and chewy, and so very salty:
rrr_img_22725.jpg

These are salmiak coins. nice and soft, and salt.
rrr_img_22726.jpg

These are called trekdrop, which means something like "stretchlicorice". They are chewy and stretch, it is like eating a very tasty bicycle tire.
rrr_img_22727.jpg

These are a bit bouncy, the sugar goes nicely with the salty licorice, and off course the shape is nice.

rrr_img_22728.jpg

These little coins are the mother of all licorice: they are called "DubbelZout" (DZ) which means double-salt, and they will contract your mouth as if eating a lemon, through sheer saltiness. Do not overeat. So lovely. Did you know that recent research shows that eating salt does not cause hypertension?
wink.png
(though it *is* bad for you if you already suffer from hypertension...)
rrr_img_22729.jpg

rrr_img_22725.jpg

rrr_img_22726.jpg

rrr_img_22727.jpg

rrr_img_22728.jpg

wink.png

rrr_img_22729.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Best candy bar ever. Hard to find nowadays, sadly
rrr_img_22750.jpg

rrr_img_22750.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

redruM_sl

shitlord
Little league baseball, buy a pack and immediately shove the entire contents into mouth.
rrr_img_22713.jpg
I was raised Mormon as a kid. My mom would never let us have big league chew or candy smokes......because of the act it was representing.

My all time fav;

rrr_img_22774.jpg

And:

rrr_img_22775.jpg

rrr_img_22713.jpg

rrr_img_22774.jpg

rrr_img_22775.jpg

Xasten_sl

shitlord
Holy shit, this thread is making me want to hurt my blood sugar.
Type 1 diabetic since i was 13, so much of this was easily passed by for the sake of my health, but damn it looks good.
Even with an insulin pump, pretty such much of this could cause me at least a minor issue.
I know that feel bro. Got my type 1 diagnosis in February this year. Only two months in, and this damn thread is making me wanna /wrists.

Oblig pic: I loved these things. Shame they stopped making it.

tumblr_lcvfjgwBi51qb3mmfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lcvfjgwBi51qb3mmfo1_500.jpg