The Devil All the Time (2020)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Devil All the Time (2020)

Tagline: Everyone ends up in the same damned place.

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Antonio Campos

Cast: Tom Holland, Bill Skarsgård, Riley Keough, Jason Clarke, Sebastian Stan, Haley Bennett, Harry Melling, Eliza Scanlen, Mia Wasikowska, Robert Pattinson, Douglas Hodge, Kristin Griffith, Pokey LaFarge, Donald Ray Pollock, Michael Banks Repeta, Ever Eloise Landrum, Lucy Faust, Eric Mendenhall, Cory Scott Allen, Michael Harding, Abby Glover, Emma Coulter, Mark Jeffrey Miller, David Maldonado, Jason Collett, Phillip DeVona, Morganna Bridgers, Drew Starkey, Adam Fristoe, Gregory Kelly, Michael H. Cole, Kevin Waterman, Kelly Lind, Given Sharp, Ivan Hoey Jr., Zack Shires, Sarah Hamff, Shannon Frye, Todd Barnett, James H. Keating, Scott Rapp, Daniel James Vaughn, Caleb J. Thaggard, Lawrence Hinkle, Kyle Sawyer, Karson Kern, Teddy Cole, Emily Towles, Meagan Bown, Ben Bailey, Beth Scott, Kacey Hayes, Cotton Yancey, Myles Phillips, Rebecca Douglas, Leslie Sides, Katie Flaherty, Matt Powell, Morgan Monroe, Jeff McKinney, Ryan Anthony Williams, David Atkinson, Jason Charles Hill

Release: 2020-09-11

Runtime: 139

Plot: In Knockemstiff, Ohio and its neighboring backwoods, sinister characters converge around young Arvin Russell as he fights the evil forces that threaten him and his family.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Supposedly THE ensemble film of the year and an Oscar contender. Pattinson delivers another amazing performance as a Southern preacher

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still dont know what to make of this movie other than Pattinson was definitely fucking creepy.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just got done with this. B+ - Solid acting and Pattinson is growing on me now.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
7/10. Really weak script, predictable, and only surface deep. Saved by the cast and the production.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
7/10. Really weak script, predictable, and only surface deep. Saved by the cast and the production.

I agree. 7/10, great cast. Pattinson was great as was winter soldier as the cop.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I enjoyed watching this, but the pacing and jumping around in time might annoy some people. You kind of know where the movie is headed after the first 30 mins (I was mostly right), but I really liked watching the story unfold.

There are a lot of interesting characters, but there are so many that you barely get any character development. After 150 mins I felt like I hardly knew who these people were and what really motivated them to do what they did. The narration does provide some color, but it seems intentionally emotionless even when describing the horrific shit these people were doing. The characters felt more like props, but props worth watching.

“Some people were born just so they could be buried.” is some cold hard shit and the movie stays true to that line.

As mentioned it‘s a solid B. Worth the watch if you’re in the mood for some misery.

Side note: You’ll see a lot of reviews bagging on the movie for it’s gratuitous gore and violence. Ignore that shit. This movie didn’t make me squirm once.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the violence was nothing to even turn heads? I guess movie critics have all turned in to huge faggots.

Spidermans dad kicking the shit out all the good old boys was super fucking satisfying.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea the violence was nothing to even turn heads? I guess movie critics have all turned in to huge faggots.

Spidermans dad kicking the shit out all the good old boys was super fucking satisfying.

That beat down scene was so satisfying. It got me right in the feels when the boy says "And that was the best day I ever spent with my dad".

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Go get Captain America: Civil War. It is fantastic in 4k. Even better in 3D on a 4k TV. Good stuff.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Go get Captain America: Civil War. It is fantastic in 4k. Even better in 3D on a 4k TV. Good stuff.
I was a big fan back in its day but I've come to kind of hate Disney Marvel since then. Maybe I'll give it a go.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
LOL I just upgraded to a new TV and I feel like it's a waste to watch anything that isn't in 4K now

Oh that's funny!! I remember when I got my first flat screen TV like in 2002 I thought everything would look better and it was jsut standard cable stretched out, heart broken!!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database