The Dream Thread

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of prophecy bros, I often dream things before they happen. A few times a month on average, I dream of typically mundane situations that have little unique identifiers in them that I recognize from my dreams when they happen. It's rare that the things I see before they happen are significant events. For example, I dreamed of walking up a walkway to the front door of a house and ringing the doorbell a couple of years ago. A friend of mine bought that house 14-15 months ago, and I recognized it from my dream instantly. I never know when these dreams will become reality, but of the dreams I remember, it's pretty easy for me to figure out which ones will happen because they don't have any fantastic elements. Anyone else experience deja vu or whatever this is on a regular basis?
Same thing here. It probably isn't a few times per month, but more a few times per year(at least that I remember)

The last really vivid/weird one I had was a dream that I was on a boat I didn't recognize, on a lake I didn't recognize, with people I didn't recognize. The distinguishing detail was that we were floating just below a several hundred foot tall cliff that had a huge mansion sitting up on top of it, with a deck/platform that extended out over the lake, hundreds of feet in the air.

Fast forward a year or two and I'm in a new relationship with my (now)wife, and we're out on the lake that her retired mother lives on, on her brothers boat. We pull up to a huge bluff that rises up from the lake and that exact house + deck/walkway are above us. Most intense feeling of deja-vu I've ever had in my life, it freaked me out a little as I had no real memory of that dream until that exact moment brought it all back.

Stuff like that probably happens to me a couple times per year, but usually it's just something mundane like sitting down in a new restaurant and having a view that brings back memories of a dream I previously had, or having a conversation with a customer at work that does the same.

Weird stuff.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Any time I get a fever I hallucinate, it's some pretty weird shit.

Anyways, I always had this dream where the apocalypse was happening and I had to do some tests to save the world. The testers were aliens (straight out of a UFO in some large yard). Seemed to happen about once a year. You're welcome btw.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The other night I had the most pathetic sex dream ever.

I dreamed that there had been a big evacuation of some sort and for some reason there were hundreds of people in a big parking lot sleeping in their cars and it was winter. There was a prostitute going from car to car and when she got to my car she didn't try to sell me sex, she said that I looked like a nice guy and asked if she could sleep in my car once she was done working for the night. I told her that she could and she didn't say that she would fuck me for it but I thought maybe she would but I sort of didn't want to because of the whole STD thing and I was just sitting in the car wondering if it was going to happen and what I should do. Also for some reason I had a condom that had the wrapper torn open but it was still rolled up and I was contemplating whether it was still good. Woke up before she got back to the car so I don't know how it turned out.

Seems like I could at least be cool in my dreams.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Last night i was knife fighting with indians in an elevator

long story short i threw my kershaw leek into ones chest and the god damn blade just bent

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I had a dream last night that I was asleep in bed, but it wasn't in my house. I was in my parents old house, in their room. I woke up because I heard a spider crawling around. When I turned the lights on I saw the spider, it was the one from 27bslash6, with the little face and everything. Except instead of a happy little face, it had an angry one.

I jumped out of bed to kill it and it ran under the carpet. So I jumped up and down on it till I heard it squish then went back to bed.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I don't usually remember my dreams but last night I had a shot of nyquil and proceeded to have an elaborate dream where I was a serial killer and in a Twilight Zone like twist right before my alarm clock went off I looked in a mirror and turned out to be Billy Crystal.

TheProfessor

Golden Knight of the Realm
I hardly ever remember dreams, but anything can be occurring and somehow I come across a mirror. I know I shouldn't look into the mirror because the following always happens. Anyway, my reflection comes out of the mirror and we begin to fight. Grappling and fighting to the death. No one ever seems to get the upper hand. It seems like that was the intent of the reflection. As it holds me there a ring of flame spreads around us and the ground under us begins to resemble quicksand. We begin sinking as my reflection begins laughing maniacally. As we completely disappear, I wake up.

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bros, I had a dream a few months ago that involved a waitress from a nearby restaurant who had been my waitress 12-14 months or so ago. Short, spunky cute half-black girl. I regretted not trying to catch a date with her when she was my waitress, but I soon forgot about it. The dream I had a few months ago was a reflection of that regret, I suppose. We met randomly on a street corner and spent an afternoon having coffee and a walk in the park, but I never ended up catching her name or getting some way to get in touch with her. Odd dream, but whatever. So, I forgot about it.

Fast forward to last night. I dreamed I was at the gym working out and there she was. We locked eyes. I recognized her, she recognized me. We had a really pleasant conversation about that nice day that we had in my dream months ago. Once again, as we're going our separate ways I forget to ask for her number so I can get in touch with her. She walks out of the gym and I'm walking toward the locker room to shower and change when it dawns on me that the same shit as in the last dream just happened to me. So I ran out and caught her and said, "I didn't forget this time." She said, "You did.. But you remembered before it was too late!" Then we kissed and I woke up.

Fuckin Obama.

tennisarmen_sl

shitlord
I've been having vivid dreams almost nightly since my last relationship ended. Every time I wake up sad, exhausted and confused as fuck.

In the most relevant one me and my ex walk into a hotel, drop our bags in the lobby and she goes to the counter to check us in.
The receptionist starts tapping away at the computer, pauses and looks up going "You're a couple, right?" and I wake up.

If one's brain could dream up a harem where nubian bitches give you opium and suck your dick all night, why settle for this shit?
Fuckin Obama.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
After a really shitty experience getting two of my wisdom teeth out last week (one of them fractured and had to be dug out in chunks, and they dropped the other one and it nearly fell down my throat) I found myself having recurring dreams over a few days in which all my teeth would slowly crumble in my mouth. Ugh. Not fun :| Although waking up to find a full mouth of teeth again is relieving.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Last night I dreamed that I was being mauled by a bear. I had a big camera, like a movie camera or something, and I threw it at the bear while we were struggling. Then it kind of cuts out and comes back with me running, fucking RUNNING, from the bear. I jump a fence and in the backyard of this strange house is my wife and our neighbors and some friends. I'm screaming unintelligibly, I cut towards the house as the bear crashes through the fence. I somehow get on the roof and the bear stands up, he is enormous, his head reaches the peak of the roof. But I manage to stay away from him. I'm looking at my arm and the skin is mangled, but I'm safe. Cut forward and my wife and I are living in the basement of this house, no furnishings or anything. Later I'm back on the roof with Eddie Vedder and someone else I should recognize but can't remember who it was, and we're looking at the bear who is a safe distance away, sitting down or something.
Fuckin' Obama.