Tranny Chaser
<Gaming Ghost>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Dropout

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2022-03-03

Creator: Elizabeth Meriwether

Cast: Amanda Seyfried, Naveen Andrews

Overview: The story of Elizabeth Holmes, the enigmatic Stanford dropout who founded medical testing start-up Theranos. Lauded as a Steve Jobs for the next tech generation and once worth billions of dollars, the myth crumbled when it was revealed that none of the tech actually worked, putting thousands of people's health in grave danger.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Haven't watched this yet, but the HBO documentary (not a docudrama like this) "the inventor" I think it is called is quite good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Gaming Ghost>
I'm enjoying this, it's an easier watch than Inventing Anna. Quality of actor is higher.

Not sure who the biggest scammer was, or who was more insane

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Gaming Ghost>
Also, Michael Ironside really got fat. Maybe he needs an Ossoi body composition plan

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm enjoying this, it's an easier watch than Inventing Anna. Quality of actor is higher.

Not sure who the biggest scammer was, or who was more insane
Sunny was more diabolical in the scam than Holmes. Holmes was naive and disconnected from reality which Sunny took full advantage of.

Does this series get into Sunny fucking Holmes when she was 20 and he was 39?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Gaming Ghost>
Sunny was more diabolical in the scam than Holmes. Holmes was naive and disconnected from reality which Sunny took full advantage of.

Like I said, it starts off with her in high school. I'm about to start ep 4

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Like I said, it starts off with her in high school. I'm about to start ep 4
Tits or no?
C33EC861-E34F-4241-9236-B762B96B4ED9.gif

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

At least in the show, Holmes commits blatant fraud to obtain her B Round before Sonny is ever involved, which is what gets her to the $100M evaluation and starts this thing really taking off. I don’t buy she was disconnected from reality bullshit. She knew exactly what she was doing.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
At least in the show, Holmes commits blatant fraud to obtain her B Round before Sonny is ever involved, which is what gets her to the $100M evaluation and starts this thing really taking off. I don’t buy she was disconnected from reality bullshit. She knew exactly what she was doing.

I listened to the audiobook Bad Blood about this. They really go into how insane both she and Sonny were. It sounded like they fed off each other and really believed in faking it till you make it.

I really enjoy the whole thing. I am in medicine and go to the hematology lab all the time to hang out w friends, and our small hospital that has a very small menu of labs has a room full of huge ridiculously expensive equipment that requires all sorts of crazy quality control and specialized things like plumbed in deionized water or whatever.

Like just the machine to run a legitimate quality CBC is 4-5 times larger (and require spun blood) than the Theranos box they show in this show. And there exists a machine for ambulatory medical care settings called a Piccolo that can run a handful of tests, it’s beautiful, probably 2-3x size of Theranos, but uses a completely different technology than the CBC machines. And these Piccolo machines are only “so good” and for really abnormal results they require a send out to a reference lab.

The legitimate lab equipment that every hospital uses are like … the size of large chest freezers, but bigger. And expensive, and require around the clock maintenance (quality controls) to keep their results accurate. And they have multiple of these to run all the different tests we need.

The idea she would have a shoebox sized device to run all the tests and it would sit on a counter and not need constant intervention or quality controls run is just laughable.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database