The Elder Scrolls Online

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
ZOS_GinaBruno Administrator, Moderator admin

7:50PM

The items from the Imperial Edition and the Explorer's Pack will be available for everyone this weekend in order to help us test those features.

EXPLORE WITH BENEFITS

Test the Imperial race or play as any race in any alliance! For this special beta event only, we're unlocking the benefits of the Imperial Edition and the Explorer's Pack for you to test and enjoy.
Smart marketing move.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol yep. Get people hooked on imperial race and getting a horse right away and they will have to order the imperial edition.

I'm tempted but not sure the horse is worth the extra $20, as that's the only reason I would do it(don't care about the race or those rings).

Will be interesting to see if the increased exp from player kills actually makes pvp worth while to level or if PVE is still far superior(not counting skill points and other things from exploring).

Menion_sl

shitlord
These are the same changes to AvA XP that went live on PTS weeks ago. The XP is still not that great and I wouldn't want to try and level to 50 off of it alone at this point...

twincannon_sl

shitlord
I'm tempted but not sure the horse is worth the extra $20, as that's the only reason I would do it(don't care about the race or those rings).
Major bummer about the horse is that it can never be endgame quality. I was assuming that any horse could be upgraded with 50 stat points, but some started with 25 in whatever stat just to help speed the process along... but nope, those 25 are on top of the 50 you can assign, so the imperial horse isn't even worth feeding, just save your money for endgame horse. :/

And the newbie horses are barely faster than sprinting on foot. Only thing that saves them currently is that they're bugged and can keep sprinting even with zero stamina.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can I just get a damn permanent beta invite already?
Well if you have ever played on a beta weekend then that is a permanent betaweekendinvite but that's not the same as a full open beta invite. I have to say that if this game does well it will at least require me to change my rule that any MMO that launches without an open beta is automatically going to bomb and/or be short-lived.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Got an email with a couple keys for this weekend.

Key:
WHJMJDTNY4DAEKC9KDJ4
3HJKXLCNGLKE4NPDN747

Congratulations, you just received two BETA codes for the upcoming Elder Scrolls Online BETA event! This final BETA event will run from 1600 UTC Friday 14th March until 0359 UTC Monday 17th March. This final BETA event has the added bonus of giving you a sneak peek of all Imperial Edition and Explorer Pack bonuses, no matter what edition you've ordered!

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thanks for shopping at Green Man Gaming!

Key:
7JLDNWDYA76XDTHCF596
4XF76D339LAL6EX43NNA

Activation Instructions:
Congratulations, you just received two BETA codes for the upcoming Elder Scrolls Online BETA event! This final BETA event will run from 1600 UTC Friday 14th March until 0359 UTC Monday 17th March. This final BETA event has the added bonus of giving you a sneak peek of all Imperial Edition and Explorer Pack bonuses, no matter what edition you've ordered!

One BETA code is for you and the other is for you to give to a friend. For information on how to redeem your BETA code please see the link below.

If your friend enjoys playing The Elder Scrolls Online with you then they can also order from Green Man Gaming. If they order before 1600 UTC 17th March they can use our voucher H799RH-7L8NPP-RCKKT8 to receive 20% off.
I already received a separate email from ESO saying im in the beta weekend which seemed obvious given anyone who was in any previous weekend is automatically in the next one.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Major bummer about the horse is that it can never be endgame quality. I was assuming that any horse could be upgraded with 50 stat points, but some started with 25 in whatever stat just to help speed the process along... but nope, those 25 are on top of the 50 you can assign, so the imperial horse isn't even worth feeding, just save your money for endgame horse. :/

And the newbie horses are barely faster than sprinting on foot. Only thing that saves them currently is that they're bugged and can keep sprinting even with zero stamina.
What you do on the Imperial horse is put all points into extra baggage space and when you buy the end game horse, buy the one that has the highest speed and focus on maxxing that stat.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I will be giving this a shot this weekend. I assume yo can't pre-load until Friday?

I don't have a client yet since I never tried to previous betas.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Now I'm more interested in seeing what happens than I was before. Shit just got all braggy. Gonna keep my eye on this.

Elder Scrolls monthly content will go beyond 'a new sword or a funny hat'

Massively_sl said:
Hines went on to describe what he sees as the major factor that will separate TESO from the sea of games launching as F2P: "We're not trying to make a game that everybody who plays games will automatically buy. It is a certain kind of game. There [are] no shooter elements. There [are] no aliens. It is a massive 'go where you want, do what you want' game that we think offers the kind of experience that's worthy of a subscription."

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thanks for shopping at Green Man Gaming!

Key:
7JLDNWDYA76XDTHCF596
4XF76D339LAL6EX43NNA (redeemed this code)

Activation Instructions:

One BETA code is for you and the other is for you to give to a friend. For information on how to redeem your BETA code please see the link below.

If your friend enjoys playing The Elder Scrolls Online with you then they can also order from Green Man Gaming. If they order before 1600 UTC 17th March they can use our voucher H799RH-7L8NPP-RCKKT8 to receive 20% off.
ty.

Caliane

Has a sub game ever not said that?
haha yeah for real.

now, that said. Teso does not seem to be afraid to give new skill sets. vampire, ww, guild, emperor, etc.
I would expect new trees to be added periodically.
I am not really sure why GW2 seemingly abandoned its modular skills/weapons. Unlimited skill points... but inexplicably do not just keep adding new skills to slot in.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I got a beta invite so I guess I'll download it and try it out. Tuco, what server and faction are you guys gonna be on this weekend?

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord