The Elder Scrolls Online

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Ahh I always thought the DAoC model was pretty successful which I guess is why I was really asking.
I liked DAOC, but I look at it alot like I look at EQ and UO, in that it was successful in its time in large part because it was new. To actually make it work in a modern game would require some pretty extensive overhauls to the systems they used, ESO kinda tried but ended up making some things actually worse like keep flip speed and the whole retarded emperor system. At minimum a modern daoc needs a pretty extensive faction balancing system and it really needs to figure out how its gear inflation will work and what kind of progression to offer, the wheels really came off DAOC later on when the gear gaps got big.

Stuff like darkness falls that worked in DAOC would have much bigger issues in modern mmos where people expect to be able to switch servers and rerolling is much easier, people would just abandon servers that are losing and flood to the ones where their side is winning.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I dont mind the levelling too much, apart from one thing; you do a long ass quest chain, do final turn in and you get a sliver if exp as wide as a hair off a gnats cunt, plus some totally useless loot

Vitality

HUSTLE
I dont mind the levelling too much, apart from one thing; you do a long ass quest chain, do final turn in and you get a sliver if exp as wide as a hair off a gnats cunt, plus some totally useless loot
I feel as if you do mind the leveling, if using descriptors such as these.

I don't blame you, leveling is ass in ESO.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Grinding was fast until 50, but after that VR has been a huge turn off for me. I'm not resubbing until they increase the xp from them, hopefully someone here will post when that happens. I had a VR3 nightblade which was painful and now I have VR2 templar and I just cant push myself to grind out those VR quests. Would love to be vr10 and go pvp but not happenin atm.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Grinding was fast until 50, but after that VR has been a huge turn off for me. I'm not resubbing until they increase the xp from them, hopefully someone here will post when that happens. I had a VR3 nightblade which was painful and now I have VR2 templar and I just cant push myself to grind out those VR quests. Would love to be vr10 and go pvp but not happenin atm.
You're a better man than most for pushing to vr3.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch Notes v1.0.7 - Elder Scrolls Online

- Batswarm abuse nerfed.
- Elusive Mistform nerfed.
- Bolt Escape nerfed.

Hey PRX, still playing the game ? How is your gaming experience in US Cyrodiil during primetime hours ? Is it pristine or do you have huge ass lags, freezes, input delay, weapon swap taking ages, zero gravity rubberbanding and maybe crashes ?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I feel like they missed the boat on VR, gear should have capped at 50 and not kept getting better into the VR ranks, then no one would feel this huge pressure to get through VR so you can get gear that has a bit of permanence. Its what separated a game like EQ from these new games with their fast leveling, ESO kinda half assed it and went back to pretty slow leveling but didn't go back to the old gear formula that made the whole thing function.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I feel like they missed the boat on VR, gear should have capped at 50 and not kept getting better into the VR ranks, then no one would feel this huge pressure to get through VR so you can get gear that has a bit of permanence. Its what separated a game like EQ from these new games with their fast leveling, ESO kinda half assed it and went back to pretty slow leveling but didn't go back to the old gear formula that made the whole thing function.
Not to mention most of those who end up at the end of the VR gear hamster wheel (Vr10 Legendary quality gear) are totally fucked when Craglorn released because they're bumping up the vr cap to 12 essentially making vr10 legendaries about as good as VR 12 greens-blues

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I've played both GW2 and TESO and this "DAoC model PvP" must be a lost recipe because right now they both did it wrong.
Just a guess, but with all of the instancing and phasing, no grouping to really level, and instant PVP for all means there's no loyalty or hook. In early EQ I had a big group of friends and people I knew for leveling. Likewise, in DAOC I had a bunch of people for doing things. The few times I grouped in TESO it was counter intuitive and the drive by feel of 1000 others phasing through the same quest kills any immersion that I might feel.

GW2 had more of a community feel than TESO, and it was pretty sparse compared to DAOC, also.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Not to mention most of those who end up at the end of the VR gear hamster wheel (Vr10 Legendary quality gear) are totally fucked when Craglorn released because they're bumping up the vr cap to 12 essentially making vr10 legendaries about as good as VR 12 greens-blues
I'll be honest and say I have no idea how the VR10 gear worked. I browsed the Cyrodil PvP armor, you know, stuff that would take like days to get per piece, and found it very underwhelming.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'll be honest and say I have no idea how the VR10 gear worked. I browsed the Cyrodil PvP armor, you know, stuff that would take like days to get per piece, and found it very underwhelming.
It basically consists of random chance legendary mats that you get off of refining base materials of said armor/weapon type. Then upgrading a base model peice with a chance of failure. Up to Legendary, which adds an effective level to the stats. so vr10 legendaries are actually vr 12 rares stat wise. Legendary rarity is basically just a glorified "Breastplate of bear ass +4". Stats on the gear actually are determined by enchant glyphs, which need to be made with rare dropped aspect stones.

All of this is a colossal pain in the ass to acquire, and will completely get shit on when vr 12 rolls through and lols at everyone.

The cyrodiil pvp armor is actually quite good because you get extra stats beyond the base +1 - +4 armors due to the set bonuses.

Some set bonuses would equal an entire extra slot. Again rendering crafting into shit tiers.

All of this may seem confusing, it's because it is.

Nybling_sl

shitlord
From what I've seen, VR10 legendaries are better than VR12 epics, damage wise. Of course that will change when you upgrade the VR12 weapon to legendary.

Also, prepare to be unimpressed by Craglorn loot:

OOurC3Y.png

wBZzsXb.png

sAR5jOA.png

s0n7RkR.png

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah their itemization / gear is awful, you can't really minmax anything you just follow the caps and you take the less shitty set bonuses.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I mean their entire stat system is kinda fucked because of how shitty they made the caps. Some are just stupid low. :/
Wanna have 2000+ magicka ? How about fuck you ! What I don't understand is that jewelery wise as a caster you either have spell cost reduction or + spell damage. Spell cost reduction stacks and is nice because it scales well with every spell. On the other hand, you have spell damage which is plain awful with most spells not benefiting at all and I even had less spell power on some HoT (Mutagen with 116 Spell Damage : 79, Mutagen with 80 Spell Damage : 82). Their theorycraft is so obscure it's a pain in the ass figuring what works or what doesn't. I mean I get TESO is not a MMO for hardcore players, it caters around extremely casual people, but man even them deserve some system which you can rely to.

Anyway I had nice moments with the game and I won't ask for a refund since I'm not a cheapwhore, leveling was okay and there was some nice PvP nights. But I think the game will go down pretty soon : the Eu server scandal will lead to a large subs drop beyond May, 9th and since they're being ultra slow at fixing stuff, have shitty PR and absolutely no vision except feed us with awfully designed PvE content (why the hell would anyone want to do competitive PvE in this game by the way, herp derp tanking with nightblade going invisible forcing boss autoattacking and turret smart healing a lab monkey could do) I don't see a bright future.