The Endless (2018)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Endless

Genre: Science Fiction, Horror, Thriller

Director: Aaron Moorhead, Justin Benson

Cast: Aaron Moorhead, Justin Benson, Tate Ellington, Callie Hernandez, James Jordan, Lew Temple, Kira Powell

Release: 2018-04-06

Runtime: 111

Plot: Two brothers return to the cult they fled from years ago to discover that the group's beliefs may be more sane than they once thought.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I've been excited about this movie for a while and it comes out next month. It's the same guys that made Resolution and Spring. Very Lovecraftian looking. Really hope this gets a wide enough release so I can buy a ticket...

• 2Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I got excited thinking this was going to be Sandman....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Trailer looks like B-movie bullshit.

But Spring was enjoyable.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Never heard of any of this cast. This like a b movie /sci-fi channel type thing?

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Pretty low budget / indie shit. I know a lot of folks on the forums enjoyed "Resolution" and I ended up watching it on Netflix due to the talk here. That movie was fantastic. At the end the of day, I know it'll be better then fucking Justice League.....

• 1Like

Caliane

Cause I myself couldn't remember..

Resolution.
Chris spends his days smoking crack at his remote forest cabin until his friend Michael arrives, planning to hold him hostage until he's clean. But Michael's determination is tested by hostile strangers and a series of unexplained, terrifying events.

If you've seen it, that will probably be enough to spark your memory.

• 1Like

Szlia

Hey! I remember that Resolution film. I saw it in a film festival back in 2012 and it was garbage! Sorry!

EDIT: That being said, people who made bad movies can also make good ones!

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just watched this on Netflix and it was pretty decent. Sci-Fi with a touch of Lovecraft. The budget shows and the writing isn't that great, but it has some moments that make up for it (Dude in the tent being a good one) It's reminiscent of Primer without the complexity.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

watching this now. getting near the end. Very highly rated so far. Def some fucked up shit/scenarios. Solid creeping dread.
Vary comparable to "the ritual" imho. Although a number of other movies/themes are obvious as well.
various movies with timeloops. like those house party ones from a few years ago

Not alot of overtly lovecraft stuff REALLY, yet. in fact, I kindof wish the quote at the start of the movie was not there. Like, everything in the movie could be attributed to Coyote, if they didnt specifically call out lovecraft.
Coyote (mythology) - Wikipedia

Edit: and.. now 30min from end "twist"..
dudes/cabin from Resolution just showed up.. This is straight up a sequel to Resolution.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just watched Resolution and then The Endless, and enjoyed them quite a bit. Funny thing is, Resolution was more attention-grabbing, but the ending fell a little flat for me. However, while watching The Endless, it basically gave me the "closure" I needed for Resolution! If you haven't watched them that statement won't make much sense, but if you do get around to watching them, make sure you watch them both, and in that order.

They were definitely movies that you have to be in the right mindset for, and while I enjoyed them quite a bit overall, they weren't anywhere near my favorite movies ever like a lot of critics seem to say. I never felt bored, but it is also hard for me to recommend to the dumb people I work with, for instance. They might not even catch on to what is going on despite watching both movies fully. So I definitely give them a thumbs high, but feel the need to temper it by saying that they are pretty heavy movies, but pretty light on details, particularly Resolution.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database