The English

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The English

Genre: Drama, Western

First aired: 2022-11-10

Creator: Hugo Blick

Cast: Emily Blunt, Chaske Spencer, Ciarán Hinds, Rafe Spall, Tom Hughes, Toby Jones, Stephen Rea, Valerie Pachner, Nicholas Aaron, Malcolm Storry, Tadhg Murphy

Overview: An aristocratic Englishwoman, Lady Cornelia Locke, arrives into the new and wild landscape of the West to wreak revenge on the man she sees as responsible for the death of her son.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

The English is described as "an epic chase Western" that "takes the core themes of identity and revenge to tell a uniquely compelling parable on race, power and love". As the official synopsis reads: "An aristocratic Englishwoman, Lady Cornelia Locke and a Pawnee ex-cavalry scout, Eli Whipp, come together in 1890 mid-America to cross a violent landscape built on dreams and blood.

"Both of them have a clear sense of their destiny, but neither is aware that it is rooted in a shared past. They must face increasingly terrifying obstacles that will test them to their cores, physically and psychologically.

"But as each obstacle is overcome it draws them closer to their ultimate destination, the new town of Hoxem, Wyoming," it continues. "It is here, after an investigation by the local sheriff Robert Marshall and young widow Martha Myers into a series of bizarre and macabre unsolved murders, that the full extent of their intertwined dogs will be truly understood, and they will come face to face with the future they must live."

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm skeptical of anything a Guardian writer likes but he did shit on Westworld so there's that.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Will this be a show about how the white woman is immediately captured as a slave by the Indians and treated worse for the rest of her short miserable life than any White Man ever treated an animal?

Or just another made up alternate version of history like every other show about the old west?

Tune in to find out!

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
14083-bIG0SsNZ1QaIKlS3IOnDeJbRgwo.jpg

Title: The English

Genre: Drama, Western

Creator: Hugo Blick

Cast: Emily Blunt, Chaske Spencer, Ciarán Hinds, Rafe Spall, Tom Hughes, Toby Jones, Stephen Rea, Valerie Pachner, Nicholas Aaron, Malcolm Storry, Tadhg Murphy

First aired: 2022-11-10

Overview: An aristocratic Englishwoman, Lady Cornelia Locke, arrives into the new and wild landscape of the West to wreak revenge on the man she sees as responsible for the death of her son.

Oldbased

> Than U
Other than Amazon having some sort of validation error and episode 4 being blocked out from watching for some reason I binged episodes 1 2 3 5 6.
Not sure Emily Blunt has done many Westerns, but she did pretty good in this.
It's no 1883 but it is better than most Westerns I've seen.

spronk

FPS noob
isn't this cultural appropriation, i don't appreciate the brits using my history as their entertainment

it is emily blunt though so its ok

will check it out though, saw it on BTN but assumed it was just another BBC "all historical english people were actually black, ok" but now that i know it has queen Blunt...

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Amod Amod Oldbased Oldbased is too old to figure out complex things like forum search, so perhaps merge this with the other post for this film that was previously made.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
I searched for it. Said no results and this is a series on Amazon, not a movie.
Clearly I know how things work, I also know if the thread maker is on ignore I cannot see it and thus why I had 0 results.
I only have 191 liberals on ignore and none of them should be qualified to start a thread anyways, so fault is not mine.
Which shitbird was it?

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I searched for it. Said no results and this is a series on Amazon, not a movie.
Clearly I know how things work, I also know if the thread maker is on ignore I cannot see it and thus why I had 0 results.
I only have 191 liberals on ignore and none of them should be qualified to start a thread anyways, so fault is not mine.
Which shitbird was it?

Ossoi Ossoi started it. Maybe just man up next time and don't ignore people.

Oldbased

> Than U

Ossoi Ossoi started it. Maybe just man up next time and don't ignore people.
I ignore people I don't give 2 rats asses about, meaning I don't waste my time and I give 0 shits if you agree with it or not.
Asshats are asshats for a reason. Shouldn't be able to start threads.

• 1Solidarity

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really enjoyed it. Loved it in places but secondary storylines made it all somewhat convoluted at times and distracted from what made it so much fun, Blunt and Eli Whipp.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm baffled by the rave reviews. I wonder if they're all about the cinematography and not the actual content?

Only watched the first episode, but this feels like someone trying to make a Tarantino-esque show but without the ability to pull it off. Every line of dialogue seems like it's trying way too hard to be witty and weighty. No one talks like this. And in a western it just seems super out of place.

Also for a western everything looks super pristine.

I just can't get into it enough. It feels like a pretentious western.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
1668895697462.png

1668895472660.png

1668895490077.png

Loved it, watched with Mrs. Izo, ten/ten. What a great show, right in the feels. Now for a rewatch of Godless.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database