The Equalizer 2 (2018)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My honest opinion is that EQ1 was a much better movie than EQ2. There was a lot of plot there just for the sake of being there. He was a Lyft driver, and that kinda came into play in the beginning to show that he helps people. But aside from that, it was a straight action movie. It was training day in sea isle. Most of the movie took place in other countries, though. I don't usually say this, but wait till it comes out on Cable. Or download a pirated bluray. He didn't have pupils in this movie (they zoomed in a few times). Just his dark iris and that's it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My honest opinion is that EQ1 was a much better movie than EQ2. There was a lot of plot there just for the sake of being there. He was a Lyft driver, and that kinda came into play in the beginning to show that he helps people. But aside from that, it was a straight action movie. It was training day in sea isle. Most of the movie took place in other countries, though. I don't usually say this, but wait till it comes out on Cable. Or download a pirated bluray. He didn't have pupils in this movie (they zoomed in a few times). Just his dark iris and that's it.

Called it.

Sounds like an exact replica of Jack Reacher 2.

Pile on more action, contrived plot bullshit.

NEVER. GO. BACK.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I liked it. I dont go see movies like this for plot though, so take that for what it's worth. Lots of killing and action. I enjoy how McCall seems to take pleasure in his revenge kills and doesnt just headshot everyone.

Last edited:

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I liked it. It did feel a bit long mostly due to the fact it was like a 6 or 8 episode netflix series crammed into 1 movie with lots of little stories that had nothing to do with the main plot of the movie.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Someone tell them to make an after credit scene

Oberyn: Yo Denzel where you going?

Denzel: I have to help an old friend out in ny, he's in a lot of trouble

Oberyn: Who?

Denzel: John Wick

shared universe
tenor.gif

and on the way, he meets up with liam neeson. the 3 of them get together and start blowing shit up. then, the bad guys have to hire a mercenary group to contend with these bros. cue expendables 4.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
finally got around to seeing EQ2 before it moves off IMAX theaters to make room for Mission Impossible. 4/10, and I'd rate the first 6/10 (rewatched weekend). Just terrible villain, doesn't even really make any sense, and at no point in the movie do you ever feel Denzel Washington is in any danger. At least the first one had really fun Russian/mafia villains who were goofy and chloe moritz as a hooker in distress, this one is about Denzel getting revenge for Professor McGonagall and you just don't give a shit.

It is fun in a crowded theater though, a large black lady a few seats down yelled out "Yeah Denzel baby, you show those n***'s whose daddy" during an action scene. The crowd was more entertaining than the movie, like the old guy who kept telling his wife "thats how you do it" every time Denzel fucked someone up

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
(sometimes) I really wish there was a "black theater" out here. It's awesome that there isn't 99% of the time, but that 1% would be fun for specific movies.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This is available on your favourite galleon now.

More of the same, which is good. It suffers from having a few too many sub plots, and it lacks the mystery of the character that the first had. The character is still badass though, and makes you fear for the man he could be if he didn't strive so hard to stick to his moral center and convictions.

The scene with the kid when leaving the drug-den was great Denzel material, and the one where he's outside the house with the bad guys, and tells them that he's going to kill each of them before using the family as cover to get away was awesome

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed this enough but the villain felt weak. EQ1 had a much better villain who at least seemed to have had a shot at killing the main character. The first 30 minutes were the best part as it continued more in vein with the show as he was randomly helping people that needed it. I chuckled at the part where the professional assasins went to his home. They really thought he would be at his house after that threat? The final scene felt forced as if they just ran out of any kind of idea on how too end the movie.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There needs to be a Equalizer / John Wick crossover movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
CBS: it's like eating crayons and filming the poop that comes out, then charging you to stream it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That sounds like something you would see on SNL. Awful idea in reality.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dumbest shit I have ever heard in my life. Equalizer isn't even a big enough name or IP to sell a reboot. Denzel was the only reason people paid attention in the first place.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Dumbest shit I have ever heard in my life. Equalizer isn't even a big enough name or IP to sell a reboot. Denzel was the only reason people paid attention in the first place.

This.

The Equalizer was basically Autistic Man On Fire and Denzel fit the role perfectly.

I am a little ashamed to admit I had no memory of the original series, even though I was a TV junkie at that time. Thought the movie was a new IP.

Anyway, Queen Latifa in this role may be, with no hyperbole, the worst casting choice I have ever heard. Are they turning it into a slap-stick comedy, with a laugh track and a bumbling, white guy idiot friend?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
black women love them some denzel, no fuckig way are they going to sell him out for the sistah-hood. this will flop harder than supergirl.
btw i liked both movies, even though they arent very good. denzel is good though.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thought the second one was pretty weak, also loathe the cliched we'll kill a woman close to him schtick. Saying that, I can watch Denzel in most things (except Roman J Israel Esq) and he's especially good as a killer autist so I'll invariably watch the third one.