The Exorcism (2024)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Exorcism (2024)

Tagline: They were making a cursed movie. They were warned not to. They should have listened.

Genre: Horror

Director: Joshua John Miller

Cast: Russell Crowe, Ryan Simpkins, Chloe Bailey, Sam Worthington, David Hyde Pierce, Tracey Bonner, Samantha Mathis, Adam Goldberg

Release: 2024-05-31

Plot: A troubled actor begins to unravel while shooting a supernatural horror film, leading his estranged daughter to wonder if he's slipping back into his past addictions or if there's something more sinister at play.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
He was a fat priest in the last one. In this one he plays a fat possessed.

• 1Rimshot
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm beyond tired of fucking modern day horror with few exceptions. Especially tired of fucking paranormal movies and exorcist movies. They're just as played out as fucking zombies. They're boring as fuck.

Hard pass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm beyond tired of fucking modern day horror with few exceptions. Especially tired of fucking paranormal movies and exorcist movies. They're just as played out as fucking zombies. They're boring as fuck.

Hard pass.
You basically get to an age and watching this shit all of your life that nothing really shocks or scares you anymore. Im the same way with horror now. Nothing is really "scary" anymore for me when I watch these flicks. Whats more scary for me these days is watching a documentary on our food industry for an example.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
You basically get to an age and watching this shit all of your life that nothing really shocks or scares you anymore. Im the same way with horror now. Nothing is really "scary" anymore for me when I watch these flicks. Whats more scary for me these days is watching a documentary on our food industry for an example.
That's definitely part of it but I still enjoy horror movies. I'm just sick of those 3 types of movies. If I'm being honest I'm not entirely sure what kind of horror I'm looking for. I want a jump scare that gets me. Like the radio station scene in Texas Chainsaw massacre 2 did. That shit got the blood flowing and heart going. Haven't found anything like that since.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
That's definitely part of it but I still enjoy horror movies. I'm just sick of those 3 types of movies. If I'm being honest I'm not entirely sure what kind of horror I'm looking for. I want a jump scare that gets me. Like the radio station scene in Texas Chainsaw massacre 2 did. That shit got the blood flowing and heart going. Haven't found anything like that since.
I think atmospheric slow burn horror movies are where it's at nowadays. Especially if it's a movie that I can't figure out maybe where it's headed. Heredity was definitely one of those films that fits the bill. Scary maybe not but it was definitely creepy, and had some pretty horrific scenes.

There's a lot of smaller independent films out there that fall in this vein where the premise is really good and like I said not necessarily scary but creepy and unnerving. I still might get caught out by a jump scare here and there, but like anybody who's been watching horror movies all their life, you kind of get desensitized.

I do know lately it seems that really bad Gore or at least realistic gore I just don't like to see anymore. Not that I enjoyed it before but I didn't really care, but now it's hard for me to watch. Probably after almost getting myself killed, just can't do it. There's a difference when it's over the top and you know it's obviously fake, but the very painful realistic looking stuff, no thanks.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I do know lately it seems that really bad Gore or at least realistic gore I just don't like to see anymore. Not that I enjoyed it before but I didn't really care, but now it's hard for me to watch. Probably after almost getting myself killed, just can't do it. There's a difference when it's over the top and you know it's obviously fake, but the very painful realistic looking stuff, no thanks.
I get that. I've been like that with war movies since I got from deployment back in 2014. I can do gore, it's actually my go to for modern horror. Love the Terrifier movies and excited for the 3rd one.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think atmospheric slow burn horror movies are where it's at nowadays. Especially if it's a movie that I can't figure out maybe where it's headed. Heredity was definitely one of those films that fits the bill. Scary maybe not but it was definitely creepy, and had some pretty horrific scenes.

There's a lot of smaller independent films out there that fall in this vein where the premise is really good and like I said not necessarily scary but creepy and unnerving. I still might get caught out by a jump scare here and there, but like anybody who's been watching horror movies all their life, you kind of get desensitized.

Same. Pretty much only get up for psych horror. I only watch other types of horror if a friend forces it. You'll Never Find Me was a good recent slow burn psych horror.

Jaded horror movie viewers only rate movies based on the jumpscare factor, which I don't really care for. Immaculate had 2 really good jumpscares, 1 elite jumpscare, so to them that's a good movie.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My girl and i watch a horror movie a night or so? Got to the point i go on reddit to find out what people consider the best horror movie by year and just grab them all and go through them. We don't do it because they are scary, we mainly sit there and say how stupid the people in them are. We are currently going through all the found footage type. I think we watched Hell Fest a couple nights ago which was entertaining at least.

Talk to me, while not scary was a pretty damn good movie.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
My girl and i watch a horror movie a night or so? Got to the point i go on reddit to find out what people consider the best horror movie by year and just grab them all and go through them. We don't do it because they are scary, we mainly sit there and say how stupid the people in them are. We are currently going through all the found footualage type. I think we watched Hell Fest a couple nights ago which was entertaining at least.

Talk to me, while not scary was a pretty damn good movie.
Talk to Me was surprisingly enjoyable. Late Night with the Devil came out the other day, and it was pretty good up until the end, or at least that's my opinion. I do have a soft spot for found footage films though, but they're not all created equal. Some real stinkers out there.

Should check out As Above, So Below. Think that's the last one that really stuck with me. Just had a pretty cool premise.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
You should watch When Evil Lurks.
I watched it maybe a couple weeks ago and it was great. There's lots of great horror movies coming out of the other countries. That movie had a really good premise, I think it was from Spain if I'm not mistaken.

Has some pretty brutal scenes though. Now that think about it it was probably one of the better horror movies I've seen in a while.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
this dude really hates the devil, the sequel to his other exorcist movie (the one with the vespa) just got greenlit

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I think horror movies slowly move into the same category as comedy does. Seen it, not realistic, funny, original or entertaining, hard pass. There are movies that still qualify as horror for me and actually rustle me,. The Hunt (the Mads Mikkelsen one) for one but that because we have seen that in real life. Btw It's kinda horrifying how many The Hunt movies there are. Documentaries on true crime would be a good substitute if the storytelling wasn't painfully slow.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database