Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
expanse-titlecard-1200.png

Genre(s): Adventure
Developer: Telltale
Publisher: Telltale
Release Date: Summer 2023
Store Page: NYI

Story involves Camina Drummer's crew, doing a ship salvage, before the events of the TV show.

First trailer (Youtube age restricted bullshit):
Some pre-Alpha footage and commentary from Cara Gee and Devs:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
telltale games are kinda shitty where your choices really don't matter, it all ends up about the same usually but it can still be fun to play as long as you don't play too many too often, like ubisoft games the appeal wears thin after a few.

i look forward to this though, good setting, drummer is a great character, its too bad its not by the guys who did Until Dawn/Quarry/etc as their tech is vastly superior but still, should be a laugh. hope it gets to gamepass

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

telltale games are kinda shitty where your choices really don't matter, it all ends up about the same usually but it can still be fun to play as long as you don't play too many too often, like ubisoft games the appeal wears thin after a few.

i look forward to this though, good setting, drummer is a great character, its too bad its not by the guys who did Until Dawn/Quarry/etc as their tech is vastly superior but still, should be a laugh. hope it gets to gamepass
I don't play many adventure games, but when I do, they are from Telltale. I like the stories they made in the IPs they used. I guess we will see if this new studio can capture the same good story telling.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

I'll probably support it because Expanse. And pray there is a Mass Effect : Expanse clone. :emoji_pray:

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I rarely ever pre-order games-- they are not like physical objects that might "run-out." But I also might forget about doing it.
Plus I want to support the Expanse.

Don't know if Ty and Daniel are involved in the game. I heard a snippet of a podcast that the action takes place before the protomolecule storyline. I also heard that they were using Drummer because she is "the most interesting character" of the series. I suppose the weird irony is that the Drummer of the novels is very different from the Drummer of the TV series.

Who cares? I'm in:

1690140057434.png

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Besides, an Amos game would probably be too hard for me to play! I can just imagine all the moves and combos he might use (including the switching into fag mode)!

But Amos certainly is the THE most interesting character in the series.

Burns

Besides, an Amos game would probably be too hard for me to play! I can just imagine all the moves and combos he might use (including the switching into fag mode)!

But Amos certainly is the THE most interesting character in the series.
Dunno if the book gets more background, but Amos went from Earth almost directly to the Canterbury? So there isn't much to work with, with any of the survivors of the Cant, because none of them were in command positions.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Show Drummer gets a bit more flexibility for what they can do since she is a mashup of Drummer and Pa from the books, so they can explore the belter/pirate aspect a lot more than they were able to in the show.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Didn't realize til just now that this is really a Deck Nine game, so there's some hope it could actually be good.

EGS exclusive ruins it for PC, and you get to wait two more months before you can play the whole game because they went with the retarded TV show model for releasing the "episodes". I'd bet on it showing up on Game Pass at some point anyway.

Last edited:

Burns

Didn't realize til just now that this is really a Deck Nine game, so there's some hope it could actually be good.

EGS exclusive ruins it for PC, and you get to wait two more months before you can play the whole game because they went with the retarded TV show model for releasing the "episodes". I'd bet on it showing up on Game Pass at some point anyway.
The old Telltale games did the episode thing too, hell they might have been the ones that made it "popular." I think it stemmed from the old company started off as an indi that used early access (maybe? or greenlight?), and just releasing as they finished the content.

I didn't realize the new company was going to do the shitty episode releases but it may not matter to me, as I don't use EGS.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The old Telltale games did the episode thing too, hell they might have been the ones that made it "popular." I think it stemmed from the old company started off as an indi that used early access (maybe? or greenlight?), and just releasing as they finished the content.

I didn't realize the new company was going to do the shitty episode releases but it may not matter to me, as I don't use EGS.
Yeah, Telltale was notorious for their episodic releases. Long delays between episodes and IIRC they often hadn't even written the later episodes when the first ones came out.

Deck Nine appears to have a fixed two weeks per episode schedule which says to me the game is already complete and this drip-fed release is just artificially setup to be like retarded TV shows and the old games, for no good reason. Even worse, it looks like they have no plans for a physical release on consoles due to this. Would have liked to just get it from GameFly since the PC version is completely out of the question.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Picked up the complete season last night and got to episode 5 within a few hours. It’s a textbook Telltale game. I was surprised how much better the graphics were though. A lot smoother than I was expecting and it almost looks like a ps4 game!

The voice acting in part one was horrendous. I’m not sure if it got better as the episodes progressed or I just got used to it.

Either way, I’m glad they were able to save what was left of the company because I’m stoked for Wolf Among Us 2.

• 1Like