The Expanse

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
1) She didn't know what this is (and she touches the stuff with a "what this shit?" face). Her reflex is "it's consumed everyone" as if it attacked and ate literally the Anubis crew.
2) So she doesn't know it's contagious. And that her cough is symptoms. Not until she's in that hotel room, and starts throwing up brown goo, and she's "ohhh shit".
3) She's still waiting for the OPA to make contact. It's a bioweapon. You don't give a bioweapon to everyone; only to your boss.

So basically, she hopes she's going to finish the mission. And dies.

And it was set up episodes ago. The Anubis was headed to Eros to deliver the protomolecule (what do you think is in that chest they grabbed from the Anubis, hmmm?). The gangs on Ceres had all but disappeared, recruited to get Eros in lockdown for the experiment. It just got delayed because the Anubis was intercepted, and thing went south unexpectedly.

Yep. And guess what? The first thing Miller says "it was planned". Holden: "how could they know a ship was... oh, they blew it themselves".

Side note: in the books, a transmission is intercepted by Johnson on Tycho about "samples recovered, moving to phase 3" Holden: "what's phase 3?" Miller: "Maybe nothing" alarm blares "Or maybe this".

Note that the crew doesn't see the Eros citizens being injected and shoved in shelters; we do.
So, you're a bit too critical, I'd say. Not that there's no stupid, there's some bad decisions made, but they're not plot-stupid, they're just bad guesses from the character.
I'm pretty critical and I don't feel like people got plot-stupid for the convenience of the writers. I can sense that shit a mile away and I didn't feel it in the books or show at all. They acted pretty similar to what average joe types encountering an unexpected situation would act like. And let's not forget, that's what these characters are; normal people in extraordinary circumstances.

Goatface

hope they use some camera tricks or something to make her look bigger. she needs about 80lbs of muscle

lindz

#DDs
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
hn6vN6quACoZHrFHBB8sMeoUHBL.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Expanse[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-12-14[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]A thriller set two hundred years in the future, "The Expanse" follows the case of a missing young woman who brings a hardened detective and a rogue ship's captain together in a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Looks like they'll be finishing out book one and moving into book two for the second season.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Absolutely love this show and about time SyFy had something that didn't feel "B" quality.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I hope they didn't screw this show up by all the Holiday schedule fuckery they did in S1. I was completely enthralled with S1.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I have to say, Syfy is scheduling shows like aids right now.Give me real seasons on regular schedules, so many 10 episode season shows or shows on off seasons :(

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
As much as I liked having a burst of decent Sci-Fi around the holidays last season, please don't drop 4 episodes and then have -weeks- in a row without continuation this time around.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
book 6 of The Expanse is due out Dec 6th, 2016
https://amzn.com/031633474X

and yeah I assume they learned their mistake from season 1's weird shenanigans of putting up some episodes online and then splitting it all up. Especially with no Game of Thrones until summer 2017, I wouldn't be surprised if they push it out till feb or march to try and suck up some of that GOT audience

khorum

Murder Apologist
Hmm I dunno about that Bobbie casting. Was she supposed to have a kiwi accent?