The Fall Guy (2024)

Sevens

Log Wizard
View attachment 500208
Seems like he's trying to be consistent on that front.
Don't forget, Lee Majors was married to this stunner too!
I think this is about the most famous poster that has ever been printed

red-suite.jpg

Also, Lee Majors will always be more known for playing Steve Austin

images.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Derp you are correct. Well now we are down to one financially successful hit. Point, Majors. Minus DKP for me.
La La Land made 150M us and 450M worldwide off a 30M budget. It was very financially successful.

A lot of his other films might not have had monster totals but they were still successful because they didn't need monster budgets. Plenty of 3x-4x multiplier films in his catalog.

The Fall Guy is shaping up to be a flop, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Drive is a badass movie and I will not be told otherwise!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
People just showing their age with the Majors vs Gosling thing. I enjoyed Six Million Dollar Man and Fall Guy as a kid just fine, but that's just a stupid take.
But why even call it the fall guy? They are obviously angling for some genX nostalgia but all they do is piss me off with this stupid rebranding.

Dukes of Hazzard was awful. Road house was beyond awful. A-Team was dumb.

Stuff like Point break, Red Dawn, and now this I won't even watch.

Battle Star Galactica was the only one I can think of that was done with some reverence to the original, not just a stupid cash grab.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Two new Ghost Busters were decent. Not the chick one, but the other two. And I enjoyed the 2nd Dune. The first, not so much.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
guys like Lee Majors, Burt Reynolds, Chuck Norris and Harrison Ford are actors little boys should look at as role models to grow up into. what do little boys of today have to look up to?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Chris Pratt is a good actor, funny as hell, Doesnt tell anyone else how they should live, Loves his religion and wont be bullied out of Hollywood by the purple hairs. Hes a great role model.

Also, I get where you were going with the older actors, but anyone who thinks ANY child should idolize any actor is a bad beat. Thankfully alot of people are past that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Out of all the Chris, Pratt is maybe the best and Evans being the worst. Don't think I've ever seen Hemsworth or Pine come off as tools either though. Evans brings up political shit way to often

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chris Pratt is a good actor, funny as hell, Doesnt tell anyone else how they should live, Loves his religion and wont be bullied out of Hollywood by the purple hairs. Hes a great role model.

Also, I get where you were going with the older actors, but anyone who thinks ANY child should idolize any actor is a bad beat. Thankfully alot of people are past that.
i wasnt just saying to emulate actors, but kids watch TV and movies. when i was a kid, Burt Reynolds and Ford were as cool as cool could be. i also thought the guys on Adam 12 and Emergency! were badass. i honestly thought i would grow up to be a cop or paramedic when i was 5 years old. actual police behavior ruined that for me. the paramedic thing got close to being a reality, but i didnt want to be depressed over all the trauma people suffered. on TV they can save most everyone. in reality, its not like that. but i was impressed with those men and how they carried themselves.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The Fall Guy is shaping up to be a flop, though.
Is it a flop though?

Don't get me wrong, it won't make its budget back, which is a bummer given the stars, director, and craft involved. But Covid shutdowns, streaming options, and generational shifts have really hurt box office trends, likely permanently, in a way that movie budgets haven't adjusted to.

With only $35 mil in Week 1, odds are this will max out at $70 mil total in the US... but there were only 34 movies that topped $70 mil last year. Out of those, nearly all were sequels or adaptations of properties with entries in the last 20 years, and even most of those you could argue are part of a brand identity:

Oppenheimer (Nolan track record)
Sound of Freedom (Internet push)
Elemental (Disney animated movies)
Megan
Dungeons & Dragons (Obviously an ongoing media concern, but I can't imagine the made for DVD movies encouraged more viewers to watch this)

That's it for 2023. And I have a hard time imagining a forgotten TV show that hasn't aired in 38 years had any positive influence on The Fall Guy's total box office.

As for 2024, the only releases (so far) that will likely top The Fall Guy are
Dune (Sequel / Villaneuve track record)
Godzilla / Kong
Kung Fu Panda
Ghostbusters
Planet of the Apes
---
Or in conclusion, I'm not sure we should expect any new* IP to top ~$70 million, without some sort of internet trend / meme.

*Again, a TV show that hasn't been on the air in 38 years, with nothing in common but a couple character names and an occupation of one character, may as well be a new property.

Last edited:

joz123

Potato del Grande
Out of all the Chris, Pratt is maybe the best and Evans being the worst. Don't think I've ever seen Hemsworth or Pine come off as tools either though. Evans brings up political shit way to often
What even happened with Chris Pine? He was a huge star with the Star Trek movies then just disappeared for a while till Wonder Woman and D&D.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is it a flop though?

Don't get me wrong, it won't make its budget back, which is a bummer given the stars, director, and craft involved. But Covid shutdowns, streaming options, and generational shifts have really hurt box office trends, likely permanently, in a way that movie budgets haven't adjusted to.

With only $35 mil in Week 1, odds are this will max out at $70 mil total in the US... but there were only 34 movies that topped $70 mil last year. Out of those, nearly all were sequels or adaptations of properties with entries in the last 20 years, and even most of those you could argue are part of a brand identity:

Oppenheimer (Nolan track record)
Sound of Freedom (Internet push)
Elemental (Disney animated movies)
Megan
Dungeons & Dragons (Obviously an ongoing media concern, but I can't imagine the made for DVD movies encouraged more viewers to watch this)

That's it for 2023. And I have a hard time imagining a forgotten TV show that hasn't aired in 38 years had any positive influence on The Fall Guy's total box office.

As for 2024, the only releases that will likely top The Fall Guy are
Dune (Sequel / Villaneuve track record)
Godzilla / Kong
Kung Fu Panda
Ghostbusters
Planet of the Apes
---
Or in conclusion, I'm not sure we should expect any new* IP to top ~$70 million, without some sort of internet trend / meme.

*Again, a TV show that hasn't been on the air in 38 years, with nothing in common but a couple character names and an occupation of one character, may as well be a new property.
All of that is irrelevant pursuant to the comment you started out with: it won't make its budget back. That's why it's a flop.

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What even happened with Chris Pine? He was a huge star with the Star Trek movies then just disappeared for a while till Wonder Woman and D&D.
He was in that retarded dungeons and dragons last year but a lot of people won't watch him after he came out as a biden/hillary anyone but Trumper shill.

That political stance doesn't play nice with attempting to be a tough guy movie star. He should probably start wearing dresses and sucking cocks on TV to butter up to his new fans.

• 1Like

Homsar

Pine I think said fuck it? Idk he hasn't seemed to care in a while

Homsar

He was in that retarded dungeons and dragons last year but a lot of people won't watch him after he came out as a biden/hillary anyone but Trumper shill.

That political stance doesn't play nice with attempting to be a tough guy movie star. He should probably start wearing dresses and sucking cocks on TV to butter up to his new fans.
Ok I enjoyed that D&D movie 8/.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Fall Guy will be hitting VOD on May 21st, just 18 days after release

theaters are so fucked haha

• 1Like