The Fasting Thread

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I'm starting a 40 day water-only religious fast today. This post will be a source for videos on Water Fasting / Dry Fasting, and other Fasting related information.

Having completed multiple 14+ day fasts, here are some tips for success.

1. The first rule of fasting is don't talk about fasting. People in your life are retarded and will freak out if you go more than a day without eating.

2. Drink more water than you think you need.

3. Think of fasting like going into hibernation mode. Lie down, relax.

4. Distract your mind. I usually listen to audiobooks, youtube videos, etc. Time flies when you're having fun.

5. Never break a fast during a "healing crisis" AKA when you start to feel like you're going to die. Suck it up, buttercup. You'll still be alive tomorrow and you'll feel much better.

6. If you have a food craving, write it down and tell yourself you'll eat it tomorrow. It's an old Buddhist trick. Repeat the lie as necessary.

7. Full of energy? Go for a walk, or do chores around the house.

8. What about electrolytes, fiber, etc.? Don't worry about it. Drink water. People have gone up to 6 months without supplementing their fast with electrolytes and other commonly suggested bullshit. Just drink water. Seriously. It's that easy.

Danger signs:

A. If you feel a burning sensation in your throat like you have a flu / cold, stop the fast immediately. That's the signal from your body that you're starving.

B. Insomnia. Fasting will naturally make you sleep less. But if it gets to the point where you can't sleep at all, break the fast.

How to deal with a healing crisis:

I. If you feel like your stomach hurts and you need to throw up, drink a lot of water until you throw up. Go for a walk. Wait 15 minutes. Still feel like shit? Drink more water, throw up again. Go for a walk. Rinse and repeat. You're going to feel great after you throw up. This happens to about 15-20% of people who fast. Your body is producing too much stomach bile, usually happens after the first week of fasting. Purge it and you'll feel like a god when you're done. Some people report this happening two or three times before their bodies adjust to the fast.

II. An old wound starts hurting? Don't be a pussy. Your body is cannibalizing the injured cells to make room for new cells. It won't hurt in another day or two.

III. Tongue goes white and tastes like metal? Brush your teeth and / or use mouth wash.

IV. Have a body rash? Don't scratch it. Take a shower. Some people have reported flakes of metal coming out of their skin. Don't freak out. Take a shower.

V. Feel like you're seriously going to fucking die? Don't be a pussy. You won't. Drink water and sleep through it.

F.A.Q.

Q. It's been X number of days and I haven't taken a shit?

A. That's normal. Most people need to take a shit around day 3-5. Then they go a few weeks between shits.

Q. I feel like I have to fart?

A. Never trust a fart. Go to the bathroom.

Q. Why does everyone recommend enemas during a fast?

A. Because they're the cocaine of fasting. Makes you feel like a god afterwards.

Q. How do I break my fast? Won't I die of refeeding syndrome? Will chocolate kill me?

A. You aren't going to die. Eat whatever you want. You're going to eat less than you think you will. Make sure you have a toilet nearby, because you're taking a trip to shitsville.

Last edited:
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Glad you settled at 40 cause there is no way you could make 50 days, you’re probably not holy enough in Gods eyes to make 50.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Day 1 report.

Hunger 8/10
Notes: Always the hardest day. I slept through most of it. Had a gallon jug of Berkey water on standby. Didn't drink as much water as I should have. No big deal.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
IV. Have a body rash? Don't scratch it. Take a shower. Some people have reported flakes of metal coming out of their skin. Don't freak out. Take a shower.
You know, this wasn't too far out of the realm of possibility (thanks Naked & Afraid!) until this line. Every. Single. Person. That says metal flakes or fibers or crystals or whatever are coming out of their skin is a complete and utter fake. 100%. I am quite certain there are thousands of "medical reports" saying I'm wrong, but I'm not. Just like Bigfoot and aliens, there is zero credible evidence to be presented, instead there are countless "first-hand accounts" and images that not once have ever been confirmed by a second, third, etc. independent authority. Someone growing metal from their very skin would literally be one of the biggest medical stories of the decade, if not century. It is strange how only isolated people on YouTube seem to care about it. Must be Big Pharma.

I mean seriously, what was the point of even including that line? Just say "got a rash? take a shower." The metal bullshit just throws everything else you are trying to convey right down the shitter along with it, because now the reader questions if everything you said is just as false.

Anyway, enjoy the water fast. I am quite certain it is possible, but I'd never do it, particularly not for someone else on the internet. Try not to die.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
because now the reader questions if everything you said is just as false.

Oh, yes. Totally. Because, this is the post where I've lost all credibility on the forums. This post.

All that other stuff about flat earth and chem trails and Tad10 being possessed by a demon was questionable, but mentioning other people self-report metal coming out of their skin... now THAT's too far.

For information on what's called "keto rash", you can learn more here.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Oh, yes. Totally. Because, this is the post where I've lost all credibility on the forums. This post.

All that other stuff about flat earth and chem trails and Tad10 being possessed by a demon was questionable, but mentioning other people self-report metal coming out of their skin... now THAT's too far.

For information on what's called "keto rash", you can learn more here.
Well, I tend to try to go into every post with an open mind. Many, many people here are absolute shitlords but then give good advice about particular topics. I have had countless public and private conversations with people here that you never would have expected to be legitimately helpful. So for all I knew, you were legitimately fasting and giving information in case other people were interested. I might completely disagree with your whole goal and execution of the fasting, but who am I to call your info into question if I've got no legitimate experience other than my opinion that it is dumb? Maybe you were giving 100% accurate information for people that were interested in fasting, I don't fucking know. But when I see something I know is provably false, well then I have something to work with. Until that point though, why wouldn't I give you the benefit of the doubt? And your comment about the possession was a later post, which I could easily separate as a tongue-in-cheek troll versus your "legitimate" original post.

So, since you've posted stuff I find completely ridiculous (flat earth, chemtrails, etc.) does that mean that every single thing you post I should ignore and assume is complete bullshit? If so, save me some time right now and I'll go ahead and make that adjustment. But like literally every single other person here, I assumed you occasionally tried to post seriously. My bad?

P.S. Nothing in that link mentions metal. I searched for it even. Or was that part of the troll, too?

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I don't troll, but I frequently play devil's advocate for tin foil hattery. Metal coming out of people's skin? Don't know why you're triggered by that.

Tad's legit possessed. You may not believe in demons or metal coming out of people's skin, but...

As the Bard wrote,

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.