The Feminism Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
That's politics. That was literally the focus of multiple presidential debate questions and a ton of money was decided based on the okay of feminist organizations who watch this.

Jesus, most of you simply do not understand how pervasive this is. Read this. It's about the Brave Girl statue, I had no idea people didn't know it was set up by a marketing firm. One of the biggest contributors to Feminist projects is Wall Street--and before you think "well that's good PR!"--they hardly use it in their PR campaigns. So why do it? Because feminist campaigns and groups, speaking out about issues, crippled occupy wall street. It also tends to snap any discussion about the gap between the wealthy and poor right in half and makes it about the gap between men and women (Which most men don't have money either and thus its a stupid argument). Essentially feminism lets Wall Street blend in, a wolf in sheep's clothing, it gives them the cover of every white male out there, so when people rage against 'white males', there is a FAR bigger back lash than if they raged against Wall Street/The Rich.

You can't segregate this out from politics, because it IS politics.
A hundred percent this. Though I can't stand when everything is hammered into politics. Even when I agree I get bored. The trouble is in forcing your views on others. Reminds me of this little gem.
I mean this is what is being posted currently on my facebook wall. Hard to be civil when the other side has clearly abandoned all notions of the concept

cc2ca893-de05-4ca9-a360-e23b56fe3f02
rBGjcyL.jpg
Saying you must not "ignore the plight" and "fight the good fight" is the same as intersectionalists in reverse. Hammering current events into your worldview. That is my opinion, many might disagree. Don't forcefeed. Fuck off.

But yes this type of discussion is politics and it belongs there. I tried but I can't read this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.