The Fighting Game Community Thread

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watching Gootecks trying to explain what frame data is to Jessica Nigiri was hilarious. The more Gootecks talk, the more I dislike him. He's just straight up dumb. Oh, and then I turned off the stream. It was turrible.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I watched a match and a half before i turned it off. easily one of the worst tournaments this gen lol

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
PR Balrog

So apparently Flocker and ChrisG split the pot during grand finals, and Mark Man is pissed. Lawl at WWE-Sports drama.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
St Maarten is only good for buying women, silly tournament.

lol @ NLBC last night, such foolishness

rrr_img_38616.jpg

Taloo_sl

shitlord
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen..._grand_finals/

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/4388875234:57

Just saw this on reddit. Made me sooo happy. Splitting the pot I have no issue with. I've done it plenty of times in various games. But this is a spectator sport at this point and if you want to fuck around and ruin GF you can take your ass home with a DQ. Really hope it gets to the point where people are kicked the fuck out and disqualified from winnings for this shit.

PS move this thread to other games thanks.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just saw this on reddit. Made me sooo happy. Splitting the pot I have no issue with. I've done it plenty of times in various games. But this is a spectator sport at this point and if you want to fuck around and ruin GF you can take your ass home with a DQ. Really hope it gets to the point where people are kicked the fuck out and disqualified from winnings for this shit.
Yeah, exactly. I've got zero problems with splitting but deciding to empty your ass over the sponsors, spectators, viewers at home, and organizers/volunteers because you are mad about a switched bracket that is likely the fault of a single person that then got switched back is bullshit.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I support Spooky blowing up ChrisG/Sanford. What a bunch of fucking dumbasses. Neither will ever beat Infiltration so they have no leet secrets to hide.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just watched the spooky blowup that was fucking awesome haha. I thought he was a quiet passive type, he turned it on.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Yeah it's? bullshit, but it's not like it doesn't happen in small poker or online tournaments either. It has to do with the stigma of putting your own money into the pot, everyone has larger stakes and it's easier to decide to split the winnings. Have tournaments provide full prize money with cheques to the players and this shit won't happen.

Unfortunately, the FGC doesn't have that kind of support... so complaining about it is really bullshit since the players put their own money in and can do with it what they want.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wow hadn't even seen all this (thanks worthless subform). Good on Spooky, it was stupid as shit last year when Mike Ross got called out for it and has only gotten worse. Although at that point I think it was only the pot splitting element, which honestly is completely understandable and could be achieved without throwing matches and picking shitty characters. Sure there is some subconscious element that isn't going to make youplay upif you are guaranteed a split of the winnings, but at least act like you're trying.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If both players want to split the pot I don't give a fuck. That is often a rational economic decision. Agreeing to split the pot and then doing whatever at character select is not alright. That is one gigantic Fuck You to everyone who worked to put that tournament together, the sponsors and advertisers, the other players at the event, the commentators, and all of the spectators. You better fucking play your hardest.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Canada Cup 2013 in Richmond BC. LET'S GOOOOOOO

Maybe some incentive to actually learn the game. Will be pretty fun to get 0/2ed lol