The Fighting Game Community Thread

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think he was just salty that he got bopped pretty bad and went out pretty quickly? I guess i wasn't paying enough attention either.. i saw him bitching on stream but can't exactly remember why haha.. I know it had to do with losing though.
I hope smoogers can do good at evo this year, i wanna see a dudley in top 8.

Ultimately i'm rooting for my boy kazunoko though~
At TKONY Art ended up going out to Diemenion pretty late I think. He started with Sim but switched to Rose for the last round, almost came back a game. He was really salty but not mad at Die or anything. They even got on the mic together at the end and were completely cordial. There was some earlier drama related to something else though.

Column_sl

shitlord
Art played really good in that tournament, and so did Sanford
The drama was around them letting Sanford back in the Tournament, and the poll they used to get his replacement.

Then Art took a lot of shit because he didn't stream some of the bigger matches, and he tends to run like 5 commercials in a row when they are doing button checks etc.
The MAXCPM is funny when no one cares, but when people are already agitated then it just puts a bullseye on you.

It's the FGC, so it will always bee full of Drama and hate.

Arts a good guy tho, he loves the FGC despite some of the shadier things he might be doing. It's not even in the same league as a Lapchi, and the Canada tournaments.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Are you implying Lap Chi is shady or?

He charged 8.95 because he puts10s of thousands of his own dollars into his tournaments.There is a fee to try and make back even a small fraction of what he can because he tries very hard to get good players to attend his events in result to put on a good show.

His after parties-he puts hundreds if not thousands of dollars into buying people drinks and shit just so people have a good time afterwards.

Stream monsters are incredibly misinformed lol

Needless

Toe Sucker
Hopefully I can catch some kazunoko matches this weekend
frown.png

Column_sl

shitlord
Lap Chi is sooo shady, the guy even looks like a rat( My apologies if you are a friend of his, I'm strictly talking his online persona). He locked down that tournament completely if you didn't pay that 8.95.
Trust me he is trying to make money off the FGC, he even bragged about it at the IDCAFE event.

His after parties-he puts hundreds if not thousands of dollars into buying people drinks and shit just so people have a good time afterwards.
The guys a real estate broker, it's all networking.You act like major sponsors didn't go. Hes also a drunk that by his own admission likes to get people drunk so he doesn't have to do it by himself.
I wish I could pull up that CAFEID vid when he talked to Zhi for hours about it.

If he wants to charge, just charge 5-8 bucks to speak in chat like all the other events, and give out special twitch icons. They made a shitload doing that. But don't lock down a whole tournament like it's PPV.
That's the shit the Japanese can get away with since SF4 is like a sport to them, but in America/Canada? give me a break. EVO doesn't even get as many viewers as the lowest tv show on a cable access channel.

Anyway, the backlash was so great after the first time I doubt he will try that shit again.

Stream monsters are incredibly misinformed lol
If there is any mis information it's coming from him. He's a loud mouth.Stick him on stream, and get him drunk and he sings like a canary.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Bison Wong and his Pink Stick just knocked Gamerbee into Losers. Wow.

edit: But the best part so far was "Shout outs to our sponsors today, Mad Catz. Amazon.com. Oh wait, Mad Catz isn't our sponsor? Oh. Shout outs to Turtle Beach?"

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Great event so far. Kept hearing how Sagat was majorly nerfed. Extremists saying "bottom 5" yet I keep seeing some really good 'gat play.
Thats because 2 of the best Sagats in the world are at that tournament, Bonchan and Leslie. lol

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What time does this start up again in U.S. time zones? Is 1:30 pm UTC + 8 like... 8:30am CDT?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah am watching Toughcookie now, so that means 3 hours or so until Ultra... which means either I need a lot more Vodka, or water.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
They're saying in a little under an hour now on the other stream.

I might just end up recording it and watching in the morning.

Column_sl

shitlord
Not going to spoil it for anyone that will watch the rebroadcast later today, but what an amazing top 8.

The Final was hype as hell

Also

FUCK YUN